Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
do you think of it as a legitimate option
Eh, put it this way. We appear at first glance, out of place to the maid. Dropping a bow might make it seem like we're not entirely out of place and confuse the maid's sense of propriety. Hand her the chemise with a simple "you dropped this" makes her shift track from inquiring where we come from and all that to denying she dropped it. By the time she gets the denial out of her we're already out moving like we don't give a shit, we got the rest of the party to check out.
I mean, we act like we're not out of place, maybe we'll sell that at least long enough to not draw attention.
Or maybe we should just complain that their door isn't working, it's a disgrace etc. :lol:
treave's call if F is on the cards even, though.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah, it seems kind of typical for this sort of situation. It’s really just a modification of A though. If it fails, I would imagine it leading us back to the A route and having to explain ourselves anyway

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, you see, the problem with F is that we turn our back on her, allowing her to WHIP OUT A CHEMISE AND STUFF IT INTO OUR MOUTH FROM BEHIND

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, it seems kind of typical for this sort of situation. It’s really just a modification of A though.
Does... Wrinkly strike you as a guy who would do that?
B. Oh no, that is some terrible luck. You remain as straightforward and genuine as ever, even in your personal thoughts.
We are on the straight and narrow in our own thoughts.

A brazen thing like this sounds like something Man Tiger Pig would do. It is pretty OOC for Wrinkly, and has a different tone from A which is, when all is said and done, an apology for intrusion.

Does... Wrinkly strike you as a guy who would do that?
He strikes me as a 10 year old in a dream.

He doesn't strike me as the sort to beat an old woman half to death either btw.

If we were going to go on an old lady killing spree, I really wish we had gotten that spear.

I do think that you might have the right idea about one thing though: this could be very much like Inception.

Anyway, I'm not entirely against your idea. I will consider it. I just wish people were willing to break through the glass - which would have been more man tiger pig than any of this.

Ok, I've considered it. B>C.

Look, our charisma is so low that we had to practice basic conversation and kind of failed at it.

Only action is going to save us. Inaction will just have her scream. And she is just a figment and not real.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, I am not shilling for it. I am considering A, myself. It would be pretty funny if we politely refused a cannibal's offer to jump into a pot only to whack a harmless old lady on the head a few updates later. Though that may be us learning from our mistakes. :M

If we keep behaving like in real life, then I suppose A is the choice, because yes, I don't take Wrinkly as the type to beat unarmed sexagenerians.
If we switch gears to thinking this is a dream construct and we can stretch the reality a little to give us a bit more time (for what?), then there may be variations.

I am not entirely certain yet which school of thought I lean towards more. I certainly argued in favor of treating it as real just an update ago. :oops:

That being saidddd....there is a fairly decent chance that since this is Sophie's fantasy, the Maid will react as such. Who knows, what if Sophie's dream is Wrinkly bursting into the hall, making a super heartfelt speech that moves everyone to tears, and Sophie runs off with us to go back to her father and fulfill her duty! I don't know, split between the two possibilities.
Which was what I wanted to do with breaking the window in.

It wouldn't be a speech though, it would be a duel with Andrew. And I imagine that if we get caught now, we will still have to face him, only without Sophie watching and possibly with a number of guards.

Well, I am not shilling for it. I am considering A, myself. It would be pretty funny if we politely refused a cannibal's offer to jump into a pot only to whack an old lady on the head a few updates later. Though that may be us learning from our mistakes. :M

If we keep behaving like in real life, then I suppose A is the choice, because yes, I don't take Wrinkly as the type to beat unarmed sexagenerians.
If we switch gears to thinking this is a dream construct and we can stretch the reality a little to give us a bit more time (for what?), then there may be variations.

I am not entirely certain yet which school of thought I lean towards more. I certainly argued in favor of treating it as real just an update ago. :oops:
Here's the argument and what we're here to do:

Kill Andrew or otherwise convince Sophie not to marry him in this dream.

It really is Inception. We have the opportunity to kill Andrew in her mind and in doing so, perhaps change what she thinks of him in reality.

If it works and we could somehow learn the secret of the ritual, perhaps we could use inception in the future too.

An useful ability to be sure.

Although, if she's aware it's just a dream, it won't work. That said, I doubt that she is. We will see.

Anything that gets us closer to our goal is permissible.

Nevill

Arcane
Andrew was certainly someone we mentioned to Sophie right before the ritual, and it looks like she has complicated feelings towards him (still being attracted to him, but starting to have doubts about it when called out by Elizabeth and us)... so it is not too out there that he'd be a character in this story.

I wonder what this has to do with the point of the nomads' trial, though. Refuse your own desires?

It would certainly be a way to disrupt the dream, but then I wonder how Sophie would have done it if we weren't there.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Lambchop's incessant obsession with Andrew could only mean one thing: he is, in fact, Sophie. Be a dear and walk us through your mind, Lambchop19.

I dunno, I'd rather give peace a shot, rather than going MAXIMUM FUCK! straight out the gates on this one. This is a teenage romance novel inside of a teenage girl's mond, not an action-thriller flick bros, come on. I'm not sure where this idea that this is Inception is coming from. We haven't caught a whiff of di Caprio yet.

That's another reason I want to stick with A: to avoid unwittingly breaking stuff we shouldn't break. And, yeah, it would be kinda out of character for us at this point.

...no? How did you get that? This is what I left out by linking to the middle of the clip:
My bad, I thought we were talking about the mental torture the Spheres subjected Ean to.
:oops:

Last edited:

I wonder what this has to do with the point of the nomad's trial, though.
I'm not sure. Was the point of the trial to take us to the dreamlands and then for us to wake up?

Or is the point that if we fail the trial, we ever wake up?

It would certainly be a way to disrupt the dream, but then I wonder how Sophie would have done it if we weren't there.
The reason I wanted to come to her dream is because I was concerned that she might dream about this and possibly be stuck in the dream.

I don't think simply disrupting the dream is going to cut it though.

There is probably some goal to this. Probably for her to make a decision on whether she wants to marry Andrew or not...in which case, us killing an old woman in her dream might paint *us* in a bad light...

Lambchop's incessant obsession with Andrew could only mean one thing: he is, in fact, Sophie. Be a dear and walk us through your mind, Lambchop19.
Funny, but really I don't care about dream Andrew a bit. I just want to solve this dream puzzle or whatever and hopefully get something out of it.

I also know that he'll probably be the main antagonist for us here, so....

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Which was what I wanted to do with breaking the window in.

It wouldn't be a speech though, it would be a duel with Andrew. And I imagine that if we get caught now, we will still have to face him, only without Sophie watching and possibly with a number of guards.
Nah, I think Sophie would have got angry if we bursted in through a window, as that would ruin the entire ball and be rather brutish. Us marching into the hall and getting Sophie's attention is way different than just breaking shit for no reason.
Here's the argument and what we're here to do:

It's important to note that this is Sophie's trial, and she is the one that's going to have to succeed. We're here to just help guide her, but ultimately, the choice resides with her. We need to do everything we can to remain on her good side and make her want to come back with us.

Killing Andrew just sounds edgy as fuck and a great way to ruin things. I'm not wholly opposed to B, but think it has the chance of backfiring. Imagine we're in the hall pleading our case with Sophie, and than the head of the guard or manor runs out and says something like

"Don't believe this boy! He attacked and injured innocent Marjorie (or whatever the fuck the maids name is) and gagged her like an animal in the closet!"

Killing Andrew just sounds edgy as fuck and a great way to ruin things. I'm not wholly opposed to B, but think it has the chance of backfiring. Imagine we're in the hall pleading our case with Sophie, and than the head of the guard or manor runs out and says something like

"Don't believe this boy! He attacked and injured innocent Marjorie (or whatever the fuck the maids name is) and gagged her like an animal in the closet!"
Or killed her, yeah...

Ok, flopping back to A>F>C

:M

Baltika9

Arcane
The more I think about this situation, the less confident I grow in our assumption that we have plenty of time to maneuver.

Let's look at the scene we arrived to again:
grounds. Moving closer to the mansion, you look through the window. There, to your surprise, you see Sophie in an elaborate, expensive-looking white dress. Her hair is tied up neatly and she is all dolled up, looking prettier than you have ever seen her. There appears to be a ball of some sort in the hall. There are people dancing, more food than you have ever seen, and servants are bustling to and fro, attending to the distinguished guests. You can even hear the faint strains of music coming in through the window.

Cheeks flushed red, Sophie is happily conversing with a crowd of tall, handsome gentlemen that look like they stepped right out of a romance novel. On the other hand, you also notice a group of girls staring jealously at Sophie, biting their handkerchiefs like rats gnawing away at wood. You cannot make out what any of them are saying from here, the distance and general clamor of the ball drowning out any distinguishable words.
The ball is in full swing, so if there's a culmination to Sophie's trial, it's probably coming soon. If this is the case, then maybe haste is best and damn the consequences?

On the other hand, if failing the test simply means she'll stay at this ball forever, then my concern is invalid.

Thoughts?

Bro, even if we only have 10 to 20 minutes, we're already in the house.

Nevill

Arcane
Bro, even if we only have 10 to 20 minutes, we're already in the house.
Yes. He is asking how much more time we'll be spending here. If the culmination is going to be Soon (TM) and Sophie is going to wake up, it might not matter what we do so long as we position ourselves to do the right thing at the right time. On the other hand, if the dream has the possibility to be endless (and we may get stuck here for a while), it might be better to think long-term.

The choice is pretty much between A (E as a subtype) and B (C as a subtype) now, and A is purposefully failing to get out of dodge hoping for nice guy points to create a good impression. Whether a certainty of being outed as a panty thief creates a better impression than the possibility of being outed as PG-13 Raskolnikov is up to the readers' perspectives. :M

I also know that he'll probably be the main antagonist for us here, so....
Hey, maybe if we slug the old lady in the face we can shift the dream genre to murder mystery casting us as the main antagonist! :incline:

Baltika9 A>E
Kz3r0 A
ItsChon A>B
hello friend A>B
Lambchop19 A>C

Nevill B
ChumBucket B

CappenVarra C
asxetos C>B

Orbit E
Kipeci E

baud F>A
Grimgravy F>E
ERYFKRAD F

Absinthe H
A - 5 (6)
B - 2 (max 5)
C - 2 (max 3)
E - 2 (max 5)
F - 3 (2)
H - 1

Last edited:

I'll flop to F > A, since A seems more logical with F
I’m actually hoping that A will convince the maid to assist us somehow. We could use an ally.

I’m going to flip to remove my provisional F vote. A>C

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Locking the winning vote as A. Probably shouldn't have chosen a low charisma build if you guys felt that suggesting alternate persuasion attempts would be enough to overcome it somehow, that almost sounds like you're regretting having low charisma. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom