Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Electronic Arts returns to Steam

Drakron

Arcane
More games were added ... the 2 Battlefront, the last 3 Battlefield and the "missing" Mass Effect games, 3 and Andromeda.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane

(BTW I feel dirty posting those links on 2 posts but there is a 5 limit and I kinda wanted to link to the store directly)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess they're going to add new games every week through this month? Discounts on their catalog are set to end with Steam Summer Sale (ends in July 9th)

Games that still are not on Steam:

Sims and SimCity games
Respawn games (Titanfall, Apex Legends)
Sports games
A Way Out
Saboteur
Dead Space 3
Alice: Madness Returns
Syndicate

And then there are "retro" games.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
As long as they keep the Steam versions dependent on Origin, I really see no point in buying EA games on Steam.
Twice the services means twice the awesome!

Actually, it's to trick kids who don't read the fine print to buy it on steam, then they have to install Origin to play it, and when they have Origin they might as well buy more games on EA's storefront. Funneling in new customers is what's it about. What's weird is that they didn't do this before but gated their games off Steam entirely before.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
EA doesn't seem to have publisher page on Steam.
Can't put them on ignore.
I would like to point out that this issue has been fixed.
how to ignore publishers on steam?
Internet search engines are your friends (sometimes).
1lfXEO8.png

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
It really seems like Electronic Assfuckers wants to keep American McGee's Alice an Origin exclusive. They either see no value in its re-release, or too much value, in which case it would make sense to make it exclusive to funnel more saps into their web of dark patterns, and keep hold of the old ones.

Wait, it's not even sold digitally on Origin anymore. So clearly "no value" then. It would probably require much work to make it compatible with modern systems anyway.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It really seems like Electronic Assfuckers wants to keep American McGee's Alice an Origin exclusive. They either see no value in its re-release, or too much value, in which case it would make sense to make it exclusive to funnel more saps into their web of dark patterns, and keep hold of the old ones.

I think there would be the fourth wave of games next Thursday (and then maybe fifth?). Not sure about the retro (80s, 90s) games but I think they will release all of their games that are available on Origin (maybe not Titanfall 1).

They're going to sell the subscription service on Steam, and they can't add third-party games like they do with Origin Access, so it makes sense they release more games on Steam to sweeten the deal.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like Titanfall 2 will be the best seller among JunEA Steam releases. It's around the top end of the global seller list and hit the highest concurrent player number (8,393) among the JunEA releases.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
EA doesn't seem to have publisher page on Steam.
Can't put them on ignore.
I would like to point out that this issue has been fixed.
how to ignore publishers on steam?
Internet search engines are your friends (sometimes).
1lfXEO8.png

Be advised that Steam has a hard limit of 100 Creators/Curators that you can put on Ignore. Once you reach that limit Steam will throw silly error messages at you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom