Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Install the fucking superscript/subscript pack

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...dding-superscript-subscript-to-editor.113760/

It continues to amaze me that XenForo has less basic functionality than free forum software from a decade ago unless you install (and sometimes have to purchase) dozens of fucking add-ons.

Currently, you can't copy-paste superscript from elsewhere while retaining fomatting, nor can you use or tags.

While I realize that this will be ignored in favor of playing around with Facebook like buttons instead, I figure it's worth a shot.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I fully endorse the OP's suggestion for I too was appalled by XenForo's flabbergasting lack of support for sup/sub tags. Shameful.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I motion against this outrageous suggestion. Letters are supposed to be next to each other. Neat and orderly. If we were to allow letters to deviate from a straight line it would cause nothing but chaos, anarchy and chemistry. #KeepLettersStraight

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
We will take this crucial functionality under advisement as soon as our 34-page to-do list of other crucial tasks is complete. We thank you for your patience.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It (sub/superscript, not the ‘sup button) would get some real use in the science forum, and support footnoting posts which would promote a more concise posting style.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
If you want or so much go to another forum that has them.

I administrate a forum that has them. Its traffic is similar to the Codex's.

I founded it in 2010, before it became apparent that XenForo would be just as bad as vBulletin. Back then, XenForo seemed like the Great White Hope of forum software.

Interesting fact: The same pair of guys designed and programmed both vBulletin and XenForo.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
At this point, I really don't give a shit.

My forum still utilizes XenForo due to inertia and because, much like banks or tower defense games, they all pretty much suck.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think we can all agree that whatever the forum software that warhorse uses, with its semi-infinite scrolling bullshit, should die in a fire.

urmom

Learned
DarkUnderlord could break a finger due to stronger than normal mouse click while implementing this feature. I don't think we should insist that he jeopardize his health like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom