Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
What did "bigot sandwich" guy actually say to her the night before? Just curious.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Just a quick list of some of the inconsistencies in her arguments:
1. I want to be a reporter, but I'm so worried the readership won't like the facts I'm reporting on - this mentality declassifies you as a journalist immediately. Seek other employment ASAP.
2. I'm just like you guys, before I became a game journo I also thought all game journos were on the take - then what made you want to become one yourself?
3. Journos don't care about publishers, except publishers can blacklist them, and then they won't be able to work, but they don't care anyway - riiiight.
4. Publishers don't normally blacklist journos for bad review scores, with some rare exceptions - and these exceptions totally don't serve as a reminder to anyone?
5. When we're talking about access to previews that's different - oh rly, and article hits, are they also different, or ad revenue for reporting first on the game, is that also different? If you get your preview access to a game cut because of a bad review or preview, doesn't that hurt your site's ad revenue?

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
TLOU-Halley-Gross-555x694.jpg

Halley Gross is the reason why Abby is buff:

iu0iq6utw9551.jpg

Coincidentally she worked on "Broad City":
Broad City follows two women throughout their daily lives in New York City, making the smallest and mundane events hysterical and disturbing to watch all at the same time.

Abbi Gets a Girlfriend in Broad City's Gayest (& Final) Season
Between Ilana's understated pansexuality, RuPaul cameos, and the fabulous enigma that is Jamie, Comedy Central's Broad City has always been hella queer. But Season 5, Ilana and Abbi's final season, has truly outgayed itself.
How you might ask? Abbi gets a girlfriend!

Tldr: Abby's character is a feminist's hack job. She also introduced herself in the game (like Cuckmann).

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"What women who are uncharismatic, unattractive and mundane, and know it, wish their everyday life was like, in New York City" - the show.

Last edited:

Adon

Arcane

Just a quick list of some of the inconsistencies in her arguments:
1. I want to be a reporter, but I'm so worried the readership won't like the facts I'm reporting on - this mentality declassifies you as a journalist immediately. Seek other employment ASAP.
2. I'm just like you guys, before I became a game journo I also thought all game journos were on the take - then what made you want to become one yourself?
3. Journos don't care about publishers, except publishers can blacklist them, and then they won't be able to work, but they don't care anyway - riiiight.
4. Publishers don't normally blacklist journos for bad review scores, with some rare exceptions - and these exceptions totally don't serve as a reminder to anyone?
5. When we're talking about access to previews that's different - oh rly, and article hits, are they also different, or ad revenue for reporting first on the game, is that also different? If you get your preview access to a game cut because of a bad review or preview, doesn't that hurt your site's ad revenue?

It doesn’t surprise me that some think like that. They most likely never went to school to study journalism. Just fans who wanted to write about something they’re passionate about.

Olinser

Savant

Lasted about a minute until she started whining that game reviewers aren't actually 'corrupt', they're just scared because FANZ ARE THE MEANZ if you give their high-profile game a bad score.

Fuck off with that crap. DECLINE.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Lasted about a minute until she started whining that game reviewers aren't actually 'corrupt', they're just scared because FANZ ARE THE MEANZ if you give their high-profile game a bad score.

Fuck off with that crap. DECLINE.
I forgot to mention one more:
- "Publishers don't provoke autocensorship among reviewers by the threat of blacklisting, BUT IF THEY DID, readers should be mad at the publishers, not at the journos" -- So if two sides engage in corruption at the expense of a third party, the victimized party should blame only the side that offered a bribe, not the side which accepted the bribe? That's not how law and justice systems work. :lol: Both journos and publishers are culpable, the journos for not reporting on the pressure they are being put under, instead gladly accepting PR budget-paid plane rides, hotels and "game conferences"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...last-of-us-part-2-review-scores/#1a9f094930a4

Here at Forbes, we did not receive a review code for The Last Of Us Part 2 (nor were we told why)

Ouch.

Update June 15th

I should add that while this article is very much focused on the doom and gloom reviews (of a very gloomy-sounding game about the doom of humanity), I’m still looking forward to revisiting the story and characters of The Last Of Us, one of my very favorite games from the PS3 era. Hopefully I disagree with the takes I’ve linked to in this article and love every bloody minute of it.

This post was not intended to turn people away from playing this game—those people who want to play it and are excited about it will play it regardless, after all, and the balance of positive-to-negative reviews is clearly tilted heavily toward the game being a masterpiece. The reason I focused on the more critical reviews is because I think they’re more helpful in a lot of ways. There’s only so much we can glean from a bunch of 10/10 reviews praising the game as one of the best ever made.

Sure, that’s nice to read when you’re a fan and you’re hyped to play something new, but it’s not helpful to people who want to read criticism. Put another way, sometimes it’s smart to read the minority opinion simply because you’ll get something you won’t find elsewhere. In some cases, the minority opinion is the lone voice that likes something everybody else is panning. For instance, when The Orville came out, most critics hated it and I didn’t understand why, so I wrote the lonely positive review. But a lot of viewers agreed with me and thought the critics were wrong (inasmuch as opinions can be wrong).

In this instance, the majority of critics are raving about The Last Of Us II, and that’s definitely great news for fans and for Naughty Dog and I’m sure they’ll sell millions of copies. I don’t think pointing to why a handful of critics were disturbed by the game, or found its message lacking or its story full of holes or its characters too changed from the original, will somehow outweigh the dozens of critics who are giving this game perfect scores. But it may be helpful to some readers, or at least I hope so. Since I’m unable to play the game yet and write out my own impressions, this felt like the best way to proceed.

For my part, I’ll be playing this game as soon as humanly possible—whether I agree with the majority of the critics or not remains to be seen. I hope I do! I hope it’s as amazing as everyone says it is.

The Last Of Us Part 2 comes to PS4 this coming Friday.

727dafdb603497bffe9ae82b6e179af81b8cc753.png

Quick-time events. Ugh.

NOOOOO NOT THE DOGGO, NOT THE HECKING DOGERINO who is currently trying to kill me, jesus this is retarded.

ekrolo2

Learned
I'm 99% sure there was also a statement from someone concerning the dogs and how you could avoid killing them if you wanted. Guess that was just one more in an ever-growing list of bullshit claims about this dreck.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
She got the job at IGN because she looks like good wank material. Case closed your honor.

Now she's just a whining youtube loser.

In other words, she has become "Internet nobody". I predict thread in kiwifarms spergfarms in the future, unless she already has one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom