Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bara

Arcane
It's already been mentioned now probably but oh god am I happy they've completely dropped DOS2 style dialogue.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The only weird bit was at the end, how his character was dying on the floor but everyone else could take forever to get to him and Lae'zel's turns didn't affect his character's turns.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Larian will deliver. It's not the BG3 many wanted, but it's the BG3 we all deserved.
Best RPG since DAO in the least.

DAO wasnt that good in the first place, I see potential for best rpg since Icewind Dale II.
Although Pathfinder Kingmaker isnt easy to beat, that game is a whopper.

Thal

Prophet
It doesn't look like a Baldur's Gate at all, but it does look like a pretty good crpg. I'm okay with this. I don't like the exaggerated animations, epic plot for 1st level characters, the atmosphere and what not, but this was to be expected.

Also was pretty funny to watch Swen's first encounter go a bit more smoothly this time.

Ulfhednar

Savant
The real question is can they keep it interesting and consistent from start to finish... or is it all frontloaded. Not bad for TB Dragon Age in the D:OS engine that they inexplicably called BG3.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Level design seems really great and lots of situations where the stats come handy. I liked all the encounters and there doesn't seem to be a lot of barrels unlike Dos2. I don't like it that Tadpole checks seems to be way easier than others but hopefully it has a big drawback at some point.
Haven't really been excited this bad for a game for a long time. Are cunning actions now only considered as a bonus action for Rogues and an action for the other classes?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think it's obvious this is going to be one of the best RPGs in the last 15 years. It all depends on the content now. I guess it also depends on that tadpole thing. Getting easy checks is not a good thing because you can always "save" that for the tougher checks that should depend on your character, not some worm in your brain.

jungl

Augur
Looks good but you got to admit this game plays nothing like baldurs gate lol. its more adventure game like with the exploring and vertical 3D world with strong story fag elements. Game reminds me more of giant citizen kabuto if it was rpg then spliced with divinity orginal sin and baldurs gate art style.

Sentinel

Arcane
V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L
I
T
Y
excessive verticality is the worst thing ever in an isometric game, doubly so for games with free cameras that privilege the isometric view - requiring constant camera micromanagement that gets annoying really quickly. That's one of the things that made nwn2's camera so fucking awful, it needed to be babysat all the time.

Robber Baron

Savant
Love that shiteating grin on a drow

Do-You-Even-Roll.jpg

Elex

Arbiter
Githyanki Psionics.

You know the mage handcantrip, and the hand is invisible when you cast the cantrip with this trait.

When you reach 3rd level, you can cast jump once with this trait, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the misty step spell once with this trait, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest.

Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for these spells. When you cast them with this trait, they don't require components.

Also: the bonus action spell economy is wrong (you can’t cast magic missile or any levelled spell after misty step only cantrips)

but i suppose they simply have to fix that like they have to fix magic missile miss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom