Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 delayed again to November 19th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077 will be shown to the public for the first time since last August at CD Projekt's Night City Wire digital event on June 25th. However, they've decided not to wait until then to inform us that the game has been delayed yet again and is now due out on November 19th. According to the announcement, it's now content and feature-complete but still needs some more time for polishing.

We have decided to move the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 from September 17 to November 19.

Those of you who are familiar with the may we make games know that we won't ship something which is not ready. "Ready when it's done" is not just a phrase we say because it sounds right, it's something we live by even when we know we'll take the heat for it. At the same time, we are fully aware that making such a decision costs us your trust and trading trust for additional time is one of the hardest decisions a game developer can make. And despite we think it's the right decision for the game, we'd still like to apologize for making you wait longer. Our intention is to make Cyberpunk 2077 something that will stay with you for years to come. In the end, we hope you understand why we did what we did.

At the time we are writing these words, Cyberpunk 2077 is finished both content and gameplay-wise. The quests, the cutscenes, the skills and items; all the adventures Night City has to offer - it's all there. But with such an abundance of content and complex systems interweaving with each other, we need to properly go through everything, balance game mechanics and fix a lot of bugs. A huge world means a huge number of things to iron out and we will spend the additional time doing exactly that.

This week, journalists from all over the world are starting to independently play the game. We are eager (and quite stressed) to hear their opinions, as well as see your reactions when they publish their previews right after we air Night City Wire on the 25th of June. We hope this will satisfy some of your hunger for the game as we work to polish it for the November launch.​

Well, it's good news for all the other games coming out in September. I can't wait to start Googling for those previews.

Drowed

Arcane
I would probably be surprised if any game scheduled to be released this year is not delayed by at least 5 or 6 months. Possibly more, depending on the structure of the company. And that taking into account that delays are already common in "normal" years. And yet, even then, several games are released in an almost unbearable state due to excessive bugs. No surprises so far.

Any release date is a vague indication at best. I believe that most of this year will be very empty and we will see a big avalanche of new releases at the end of the year, and early 2021.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Not terribly surprising, but I wonder what the game looked like back in March. That must've been quite a dumpster fire. There is no chance in hell this will ship free of bugs if they need to delay it again that late in development. I feel for the poor developers who probably have been crunching since January.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Let's hope CDPR is reworking the graphical aesthetics under the influence of Max Headroom:

9fdc33df1af59ce7117892934ab8c086--glitch-art-concept-board.jpg

ee85436b00ade8c8d2f18355f5fa4cc1--tv-ratings-into-the-future.jpg

8b34af04801a87b208f559e12b5599d0---minutes.jpg

420f2ccfc999598b1624b0273d9f269a--into-the-future--minutes.jpg

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The game was obviously delayed to make it a next gen launch title (imagine how those rubes who paid for the special edition Cyberpunk consoles and grapihcs cards must be feeling right now) but I don't understand why they just don't say it.
So either it's a next gen delay OR the game is in such a bad state that it will take 7 months to fix it. Yet it's in a good enough state that media shills can play it.

And bring back Max Headroom dammit!

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Edison Carter would never work in current year, any journalist that puts in the kind of legwork that he does would never be on any mainstream outlet. Max Headroom himself might work though, since that's not necessarily tied-into appearing on broadcast TV.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So either it's a next gen delay OR the game is in such a bad state that it will take 7 months to fix it. Yet it's in a good enough state that media shills can play it.

Or actual worst case in which they're waiting to port it to next gen while keeping it a last gen game in every other respect, meaning it's going to be REALLY unimpressive on PS5/whatever Xbone X.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Or actual worst case in which they're waiting to port it to next gen while keeping it a last gen game in every other respect, meaning it's going to be REALLY unimpressive on PS5/whatever Xbone X.
Maybe except some PS5 exclusives (but I still doubt it), there won't me any impressive games this or probably even next year. Developers learning all the new possibilities and limitations also take time. In addition, companies will still want to release versions for old gen consoles because they will sell well as people already have those consoles.

That said, I'm really not worried about visuals of games. It's cool to have better GFX and I support it, but in the end I'd rather play good game with turd graphics than opposite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom