Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire RPGS to play while waiting for bloodlines 2.

Drikaukal

Wich good rpgs with Vampire protagonist did you guys know? I have played Bloodlines 1 with the clan quest mod, and it was a magical experience, but i dont know any other roleplaying game that really nail the ''vampire'' part as good.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
This is one of the most heavy handed social justice propaganda pieces ever produced. Every character that is meant to be sympathetic is either gay, in an interracial relationship, a feminist or a communist. I can stand developers having different politics to me, they all do, but this game really beats you over the head with it. It's shit.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If you're willing to lower your standards THAT much, there are several visual novels in the VtM universe. "Coteries of New York" seems the most bearable but it's still bad, fanfic-level. I played it in one session but gave up. Just wait and watch some good vampire movies and tv series. Just wait patiently and play some of the Deus Ex reboots.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Well, there's Vampyr, which I played and kinda-reviewed, and then there's DARK. Latter doesn't seem to have such stellar reputation.

If anyone made a remove-trash-mobs mod, removed 80% of the trash mobs, and removed respawn, I might play it again. It would definitely be worth playing in that state -- that depressing inability to do anything good for anyone is refreshing.

Funposter

Arcane
This is one of the most heavy handed social justice propaganda pieces ever produced. Every character that is meant to be sympathetic is either gay, in an interracial relationship, a feminist or a communist. I can stand developers having different politics to me, they all do, but this game really beats you over the head with it. It's shit.
It's fun to play when you eat everyone and imagine Reid as a Patrick Bateman-esque sociopath. It has some interesting systems and a neat setting that almost warrant a remake rather than a sequel.

deama

Prophet
There was a decent NWN vampire mod, forgot the name though; it's pretty well received so shouldn't be a problem to google it.
You start off as a paladin but screw up in one of your adventures and become a vampire.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Ok, I get some people don't like feminism and communist. I have a lot of criticism for those ideologies myself.

But what's wrong with interracial relationships? Ofcourse, if one is not a fucking retard.

Just asking.

compvet24

Educated

Ok, I get some people don't like feminism and communist. I have a lot of criticism for those ideologies myself.

But what's wrong with interracial relationships? Ofcourse, if one is not a fucking retard.

Just asking.

I think it was specifically referencing the fact that it was super over-saturated in that game, to the point where it wasn't just a coincidence and obviously an agenda being pushed which takes you out the feeling of a playing a game and more-so feeling like your being fed your daily re-education film.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Just asking.

I think it was specifically referencing the fact that it was super over-saturated in that game, to the point where it wasn't just a coincidence and obviously an agenda being pushed which takes you out the feeling of a playing a game and more-so feeling like your being fed your daily re-education film.
What he said. The game virtue signals so hard it kills its tone. You can play through killing all the degenerates but you eventually realize you're just killing everyone.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
What he said. The game virtue signals so hard it kills its tone. You can play through killing all the degenerates but you eventually realize you're just killing everyone.

That adopted black girl women's rights activist was pretty jarring. Fortunately you could eat her. The vampire lady finds out it was you regardless of circumstances. I believe she's one of the characters you can't eat to get a good ending?

The bad ending actually is pretty good.

Ovg

Cipher
I'd say vampire bloodlines with clan quest, while subpar in writing and execution is a bit shite, is still worth a play. You get more stuff to do so the game is longer now, but it's easier due to lots of xp. And character voices changing mid conversation reminds me of gothic 2 night of the raven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom