Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Corven - Path of Redemption is an Ultima-inspired RPG with a long history, now on Kickstarter

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The kickstarter is failing.

Screenshot_2020-06-19 Corven - Path of Redemption.png

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The kickstarter is failing.

From that position it'll probably make it. The big spenders will bail it out.
... and it has officially FAILED.

The End is the Beginning. New start next week.
LycanticCreator
June 19, 2020
No matter how optimistic, based on other Kickstarter campaigns, we calculate it. We will not reach the goal.

In the last few days we were re-thinking the goals and how we could make it work.

So we will cancel this campaign and start it new next week, with adjusted goals.

Please come back next week and support our new campaign! We aim to start again on Monday, June 22nd at 8 am EST. You can see the status of the Kickstarter on our homepage www.lycantic.com

We want to finish Corven. We truly believe in it and we want you to experience the complete game. Help us make this a reality with the new Kickstarter campaign.

A big heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone here who believed in us from the get go! We hope you come back next week.

Let's make this happen for real this time!!

For the ease of mind of everyone who does not know Kickstarter: This cancelled campaign will not cost you anything. It's like your pledge never happened.

They say they will try again next week... we'll see...

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
What a shame. They will probably target 20 000 $ and call it a great success.

Maybe Unity is not such a good engine choice.

I suggest RPG Maker.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
What a shame. They will probably target 20 000 $ and call it a great success.

Maybe Unity is not such a good engine choice.

I suggest RPG Maker.

What does the game engine have to do with anything? Shouldn't it be "Maybe their design decisions have not been the best choices"? or "Should have worked on that demo a bit more before launching the kickstarter?"

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Different engines require different amount of work.

This is 3 guys with a day Job trying to recreate Ultima 7 in Unity. They might not be the same team than when Eriadain was my thing, but they have been committing that same simple mistake for now 20 years.

Remember it took the Redemption team almost 10 years to realize they could not get a party to work decently in Morrowind.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This was doomed from the start. Their so-called "updates" were so low effort (maybe 1 paragraph with zero info on their vision) they made Jeff Vogel's KS look like a masterclass in comparison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom