Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Approved Podcasts?

Puukko

Arcane
I've been thinking of expanding my video game podcast repertoire, or rather, finding replacements for the one I currently listen to. For the longest time I've been listening to 4player Podcast, which is a decent enough general video game podcast, but lately they've been getting more political (think ResetEra tier, which they reference quite often) on top of covering less games I care about, so I think it's time to mix things around. I'm open to both general podcasts as well as more focused ones, such as Three Moves Ahead which I just found with a quick forum search. Perhaps something RPG focused?

Anyway, recommendations-a-go.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I was listening to They Create Worlds three parter about the 100 most influential games, and they said that "crpgs kinda died in the early 90s" and Diablo and Baldur's Gate resurrected them...just WHAT?! they also didn't have Fallout on the list, what the fuck... how you can't include Fallout as one of the most influential games of all time... it only basically created the modern crpgs, with popularizing the scripted quests in the open world and the concept of showing what effects you had in the world with the ending slides, essentially made the Choices and Consequences concept. Just...staggering...

These are the 20 most influential games according to them:
Spacewar
Pong
Colossal Cave Adventure
Space Invaders
MUD (Core MUD)
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Bros.
Elite
Dragon Quest
Tetris
SimCity
John Madden Football
Civilization
Ultima Underworld
Alone in the Dark
Doom
Quake
Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Grand Theft Auto 3

Looks like a list composed by consoomers, and Fallout 1 should really be on that list. Fucking plebs.

Puukko

Arcane
I've been listening to the Top 47K series by HG101 and it fits the spot of a general video games podcast, they cover basically every genre and year based on what gets nominated to talk about. Short episodes, but also a way higher upload rate than Three Moves Ahead which is the other podcast I listen to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom