Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Command & Conquer Remastered Collection from Petroglyph

Hellraiser

Arcane
As annoying as the GDI A-10s with aimbot are, the dr. moebius mission in the GDI campaign is by far the most horrible one out of both campaigns. Random civilians walking into tiberium and dying triggering failure, nod coming from all fucking sides to kill the ones not stupid enough to walk into tiberium. I couldn't beat it on hard and just chose the other mission. Other than that the Nod campaign is definitely harder.

Also longbows are fucking annoying in the soviet campaign. Your only AA options are mammoths or sam sites since only allies can build rocket troops in the campaign. Well you can also use migs to attack them when they are in flight, but that is not exactly efficient and fast enough to stop them from killing your tesla coils or sam sites.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Also longbows are fucking annoying in the soviet campaign. Your only AA options are mammoths or sam sites since only allies can build rocket troops in the campaign. Well you can also use migs to attack them when they are in flight, but that is not exactly efficient and fast enough to stop them from killing your tesla coils or sam sites.

Oh yes, the Soviet AA options in Red Alert are not even funny.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Yeah, AA is Tiberium Dawn is called rocket infantry. SAM sites usually shot down the planes after it dropped its load due to the time to deploy.

Black

Arcane
https://www.ea.com/ea-play-live

Supposedly, EA is ready to announce a new C&C game at EA play on thursday. Thoughts?

Perhaps a DICE-inspired FPS like renegade? Perhaps another round of remasters like Tib Sun or RA2?

Maybe C&C 5? Generals 2?
Tbh, I don't care. I don't want new ones, I play the remaster (didn't remove if from the inventory) because it really is untainted by EA. The new ones absolutely would be.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Look at this goy - 'just build motorcycles bro!'. I don't have cash to replace the lone flamer who just heroically laid down his life to stop the death march of a dozen grenadiers, and you're telling me to get AN AIRSTRIP AND FIVE ATTACK BIKES?! :x :x :x

Also you don't have NOD units in this mission other than from the starting hand of nod.
So yes I checked further :

There is 8A where you start in the bottom of the map, first opposition is grenadiers, and the tank is last so at least you get to the RNG first. Once you have the chopper, there is a safe landing zone (no enemy) next to the refinery. After that, you have to beat some infantry near the enemy base and you are good. That's the one I played.

… and then there is 8B where you start at the top of the map, where the grenadiers are fought last (after the tank and regular infantry) at the beginning, and to fuck you up the 2 grenadier are close to each other so if you are not careful you will get both. The enemy base has about the same number of infantry, but there is no safe landing zone, and just to make sure it is real punishing but you also have an Hummvee right next to the enemy base in the Tiberium field (unlike 8A).

8B is brutal indeed even after you reached the chopper (I did not go further than cleaning the immediate surrounding and getting on the right foot). 8A is easy-ish once you have the chopper.

Only advantage I see to 8B is that it would be easier to decoy the enemy air strike with one minigun that you would produce from the hand of Nod.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Actually I started 8A and then switched to 8B because I thought 8A was downright impossible :lol:

The base in 8A is in a much worse defensive position, since you can get attacked from 3 sides (E, N, NW), and the AI immediately starts sending medtanks your way, which doesn't happen in 8B.

Erikkolai

Learned
... so I've started delving into all the Bonus Gallery items I've unlocked.

Tech-Stuff.png

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
wot mods u niggas put on dis?

There's quite a few gud mods out already it seems. Attack move possible, quality of life shit that just makes the game better, pathfinding for harvestes and shit like that.

Thoughts?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Getting to manually blast Brandenburg Gate with the stolen ion cannon is quite possibly the best ending to a computer game ever.

IHVGZh.png

Also, it seems they 'fixed' the final missions in the remaster in a way I wanted. The AI's conyards are no longer all fake except for one real CY stashed away in an almost unreachable faraway corner of the map. Now all the CYs are within actual base limits and they are both real.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Getting to manually blast Brandenburg Gate with the stolen ion cannon is quite possibly the best ending to a computer game ever.

IHVGZh.png

Also, it seems they 'fixed' the final missions in the remaster in a way I wanted. The AI's conyards are no longer all fake except for one real CY stashed away in an almost unreachable faraway corner of the map. Now all the CYs are within actual base limits and they are both real.

They also fixed the Ion Cannon temple cutscene not triggering after the final GDI mission. I always got the rocks fall, kane dies, one in the C&C Gold version.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
IIRC you could make your units more aggressive in Red Alert 1 and beyond by pressing the "G" (Guard) key, making your units pursue enemies a little as well. Has this been kept, or it is not a thing anymore in this remake?
Also, how does the music sound?

Terra

Cipher
Guard mode is still in both C&C and RA. Music is excellent between both games, the original "classic" tracks are present alongside remastered versions and even some new tracks as well. You can fully customise which tracks you want to appear in-game via the Jukebox menu.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

It's great. Some of the re-recorded tracks are better than the originals IMO (No Mercy, Mechanical Man)

The cursor changes shape and colour. The units behave like with normal move order.

It's actually some super-weirdo attack-move command.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

It's great. Some of the re-recorded tracks are better than the originals IMO (No Mercy, Mechanical Man)

Oh defiintely. The Tiberian Sons version of No Mercy makes it THE Nod theme.

The cursor changes shape and colour. The units behave like with normal move order.

It's actually some super-weirdo attack-move command.

See, this is what I initially thought when I discovered it during the Silencing of Nikoomba mission. But my dudes behaved as usual, ignoring GDI dudes unless manually ordered to attack...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom