Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Urban Strife - turn-based zombie survival RPG

Harthwain

Magister
I hope there is a way to turn off damage numbers though.
Want to take this opportunity to agree since USG_Mucifikatorul reads the thread. I love turning off the UI, as much as possible. I want to be able to take screenshots and have it look like artwork, not a video game.

Being able to turn the UI off piece by piece is even better.
I'd like to keep the damage numbers. It's nice to have damage feedback without having to hover over enemies.

I am going to agree that customizable UI is the best option though, since everyone can fine-tune it to their individual needs.

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do take into account that these are pre-alpha shots. Our goal now is to have a build that works. Pretty things come later.
For testing and balancing (the phase we are at now) damage numbers are essential.

Concerning blood, the dead start to bleed slowly (slower than the gif capture). Look here, at the guy dying in the back and count the time it takes for blood to show on ground.

Harthwain

Magister
Concerning blood, the dead start to bleed slowly (slower than the gif capture). Look here, at the guy dying in the back and count the time it takes for blood to show on ground.
Does it have gameplay ramifications? I mean, is it possible to start losing blood and will it impact anything? Something like a person getting critically injured and slowly bleeding to death or a bleeding wound having various negative effects if left untreated (including the loss of consciousness)?

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Well, THAT kind of bleeding shown above has a pretty terminal implication - you are dead in a pool of blood.

But wounds do bleed. You can stop the bleeding with just a few rags you scavenge from basically any cloth, but to heal you need to use a medical kit and/or a hospital bed. Fainting/coma is in the works but not plugged in yet. Same for individual body parts health and specific afflictions (will probably come in BB phase).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hell yeah:

Urban Strife is an old-school TBS Survival RPG, where you lead a team of makeshift, slightly deranged militia in an effort to keep the small community of Urban Shelter alive, amidst a zombie pandemic. With what’s left of human civilization divided into factions fighting over the scraps, you will need to broker alliances and fight factions wars, fortify and rebuild your community and forge a future against the ever-present threat of the zombie horde.

USG_Mucifikatorul Steam page when?

Last edited:

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Yea, we had to go through 5 internal iterations to make sure the alpha build was solid enough for an ironman run. So it delayed everything by a month.
Now first priority (beside fixing what alpha testers find) is to add the save/load system, then we're 100% onto Backer Build stage.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page now:

Why Early Access?
“We want the community involved and active in shaping the game toward completion. A large community support will give us the creative independence needed to bring to fruition all the big dreams we have for this game and scale content on a grand scale. We hope we will win you over, but if you're dead set on playing only finished games, we understand that too and invite you to join our community ranks when the game launches.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Games are tricky to plan to the minute, but we would very much like to have Urban Strife done in about 6 months of Early Access. We will make the process as transparent as we can and deadlines will be set after players' feedback.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“During Early Access we hope to expand the main game campaign, polish and fine tune the inner mechanics and make the game as modding friendly as possible.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The initial Early Access build will include about 30% of the final game content, with main features already complete. Combat and shelter management layers will be mostly complete and the RPG system will have core features implemented, with the rest being worked on while in Early Access.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We want to show our gratitude towards Early Access supporters and will keep the game at a lower price while it is under development.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We are actively reaching all the major strategy and RPG players communities, beside hosting our own social channels on Steam, Facebook, Twitter and Discord, taking in as much feedback as possible and posting updates on development. We also plan to shape the modding SDK in close cooperation with the players, providing them with the best tools to bring their own creativity to Urban Strife.”

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I assume the Q4 2020 date is for the Early Access, not for the final game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The gorilla paperdoll... is a bit concerning though he he.

1048520626AB609C3ADD7DABBDC60BF90580A33A

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Infinite avatar customization and beautification has over 95% development budget allocation.
Sadly that development budget consists of 3 beer bottles and one half eaten burger.

Last edited:

urmom

Learned
Wow, this game looks great! Graphically this is better than Wasteland 2. Looks like combat at least will be more fleshed out than Dead State too. (Not sure about the strategic layer.)

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Wow, this game looks great! Graphically this is better than Wasteland 2. Looks like combat at least will be more fleshed out than Dead State too. (Not sure about the strategic layer.)

Since this is one sector demo you won't be able to see anything related to strategic layer in this run.
But it's in the works and you'll love it (that's what the last internal memo said "make them love it or else").

:P

Last edited:

USG_Mucifikatorul

White Pond Games
Patron
Developer
Kordanor went through the alpha with a fine comb, explaining most of the features. Another great gameplay video, both for English and German speaking players. And please, do note the steel balls on the man, cause he went straight for HARD difficulty.

EN

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom