Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Cael

Arcane
This guy is a senior designer on Bloodlines 2, oof.
MW7y5nb.png
The lead designer of Atlas moved on to Bloodlines 2 and is engaging in a Twitter dogpile of MCA. While exhibiting pure soy in his Twitter feed. I wasn't feeling super confident about this game after the trailers and interviews, but this doesn't help.
If you are only at the "this doesn't help" stage, I would suggest that you need help...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sodafish

Arcane

The Jester

Cipher
"How dare they attack someone's artistic career because they don't like his personal behavior"

"I'm going to speak out against this game because I don't like the personal tweets of one of the designers"

Pick one.
Someone got triggered.

Vatnik Wumao
"How dare they attack someone's artistic career because they don't like his personal behavior"

"I'm going to speak out against this game because I don't like the personal tweets of one of the designers"

Pick one.
Don’t have to. These two aren't mutually exclusive.

The former is a boycott of the craftsman regardless of the quality of his craft due to a negative view on his personal life and the latter is a boycott of the craft itself in light of the (supposed) negative impact which the designer's personal life has on his craftsmanship. Both are subjective evaluations, but only the latter actually deals with the craft itself rather than driving a person out of the industry because of one's antipathy towards his personal life outside of work.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Don’t have to. These two aren't mutually exclusive.

The former is a boycott of the craftsman regardless of the quality of his craft due to a negative view on his personal life and the latter is a boycott of the craft itself in light of the (supposed) negative impact which the designer's personal life has on his craftsmanship. Both are subjective evaluations, but only the latter actually deals with the craft itself rather than driving a person out of the industry because of one's antipathy towards his personal life outside of work.
I think Erik is a despicable coward who sits on information about abusive behavior, but such a personality flaw doesn't indicate he has some kind of inverse Midas Touch where any game he works on turns to shit.
None of that matters though, It's been a year since that E3 Demo with no indication they've improved from that point. Anyone here dumb enough to have pre-ordered and STILL have not pulled it deserve the inevitable feelings of dissapointment and buyer's remorse.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Pick one.
Zombra is gona zombra,so how is your cucumber garden going up in the hill ? I heard that you are evolving as society,now you have a kang and all that black nobility zone where white scum is not allowed.

Santander02

Arcane
It's made by a genereic modern dev studio #2134 that never made an RPG before, the only people with any connection to Troika working on it will have nothing to do with the gameplay and they have the patient zero of the GG thread dictating the tone of the game.

It will be shit. /skyway

Thank fucking god no one from Troika is involved with the gameplay.

Troika's gameplay across al 3 of their games was top notch, it was their QA that was deficient, fucking fite me.

Troika made one game with good combat, and it sure as shit wasn’t Bloodlines.

"Gameplay" isn't combat only.

Delterius

Arcane
It's made by a genereic modern dev studio #2134 that never made an RPG before, the only people with any connection to Troika working on it will have nothing to do with the gameplay and they have the patient zero of the GG thread dictating the tone of the game.

It will be shit. /skyway

Thank fucking god no one from Troika is involved with the gameplay.

Troika's gameplay across al 3 of their games was top notch, it was their QA that was deficient, fucking fite me.

Troika made one game with good combat, and it sure as shit wasn’t Bloodlines.

"Gameplay" isn't combat only.
its creating characters in arcanum, dreaming of a finished game

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Eh, we've been speaking against this game for the past 373 pages so current drama is just another reason to add to the pile of good reasons not to buy it.

Silverfish

Arbiter

Pick one.

"Everyone else can do or say as they please but you shouldn't because, after all, you wouldn't want to be marginally hypocritical."

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, we've been speaking against this game for the past 373 pages so current drama is just another reason to add to the pile of good reasons not to buy it.
"Reasons" and "good reasons" aren't always the same thing. Anyway, I'd rather point out fallacies than spend another, what, 5 pages debating whether Damsel is the perfect waifu any more

Semiurge

Cipher
5 pages debating whether Damsel is the perfect waifu any more

It's a bit strange how Damsel fans would never tolerate someone like her in real life. She's a bitch, loud, abrasive, confrontational and a bit stupid. And a communist to boot. Probably someone who'd even make the Brujah facepalm.

To her credit though, she's tough and fearless.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This guy is a senior designer on Bloodlines 2, oof.
How the fuck do you publicly shit on a person who is still officially involved with your game.
What a shitshow.

Wunderbar

Arcane

Pick one.
preordering was a mistake in the first place, but i was hyped by the announcement.

Then there was that janky demo presentation, I thought "well, it's an early version of the game and they will fix this, bloodlines was janky too anyway". Then they've started saying bullshit about distasteful portrayal of sex workers and mentally ill people, i thought "well replacing fishmalks with legit creepy psychos is a positive thing, i believe in Mitsoda". I started regretting my decision around the time devs spoke about trigger warnings, and Avellone dogpiling was the straw that broke the camel's back.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
"Reasons" and "good reasons" aren't always the same thing. Anyway, I'd rather point out fallacies than spend another, what, 5 pages debating whether Damsel is the perfect waifu any more

How about good reasons to buy it? Can you come up with any? Aside from nostalgia for another game, made by another studio, 15 years ago in another galaxy.

I was hyped too, at first. Mitsoda was on board after all. But then devs started talking about their plans and posting screenshots and trailers. Turns out the game looks shit, seems to play like shit, it's made by a noname studio with no experience for RPGs, devs make weird decisions, talk absolute nonsense, strip away things that made VTMB great for reasons that have nothing to do with game design and everything to do with politics. And now they're gangbanging on Avellone even though these supposedly "serious accusations" wouldn't even outrage a nun as early as 3-4 years ago.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about good reasons to buy it? Can you come up with any?
Classic "whataboutism"! Okay, fine. Let's talk about this now :)

First: I'm not in the business of selling this game, and I'm certainly not in the business of converting anti-SJW hysteria on the Codex.

With that out of the way, personally I still want to see what happens with this project. For the most part, it looks like they're trying to make more or less the game I want to see: a first-person RPG with dorky goth writing, tons of factions, and choice & consequence; with cool music and one or two sexy babes thrown in. While Mitsoda is older and perhaps mellower now, I still like him and I want to see what he comes up with. Now that he's no longer married we might even see some of his edge come back - maybe. Cara Ellison doesn't hit the perfect tone, but as a woman who's not shy about sexuality, I hope there might be some edginess on that score as well. Courtenay Taylor making a return is good news. Music so far seems not bad, the look of the graphics so far is not bad. The promise of multiple solutions to all missions is always welcome. Taken all together, and for the moment disregarding some of the stuff I'm not hyped about, I think that yes, this adds up to a game worth at least trying.

compvet24

Educated
How about good reasons to buy it? Can you come up with any?
Classic "whataboutism"! Okay, fine. Let's talk about this now :)

First: I'm not in the business of selling this game, and I'm certainly not in the business of converting anti-SJW hysteria on the Codex.

With that out of the way, personally I still want to see what happens with this project. For the most part, it looks like they're trying to make more or less the game I want to see: a first-person RPG with dorky goth writing, tons of factions, and choice & consequence; with cool music and one or two sexy babes thrown in. While Mitsoda is older and perhaps mellower now, I still like him and I want to see what he comes up with. Now that he's no longer married we might even see some of his edge come back - maybe. Cara Ellison doesn't hit the perfect tone, but as a woman who's not shy about sexuality, I hope there might be some edginess on that score as well. Courtenay Taylor making a return is good news. Music so far seems not bad, the look of the graphics so far is not bad. The promise of multiple solutions to all missions is always welcome. Taken all together, and for the moment disregarding some of the stuff I'm not hyped about, I think that yes, this adds up to a game worth at least trying.

If we leave out any and all mentions of SJWism and the general politicization of the game due to its staff and focus solely on the gameplay trailers, I don't really see much at all to look forward to. Everything they've shown thus far is complete ass, from graphics to weird gameplay. I will love to be proven wrong when the game does come out though.
But besides from that, I'm not hyped for this game because thus far it seems every single positive factor anyone can pull out of their ass is entirely related to comparisons from the last game (x is working on this, x is also working on this) and things not related to the actual game itself. No original thought or new ideas to look forward to. Maybe story? I am still not sure but better to not get my hopes up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom