Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zer0wing

Cipher
Just cancel the game altogether.
CDPR are commited to this corporate-wide financial and reputational mass suicide, there's no way and no need to cancel this game.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
I say fuck the retrowave and go for glorious Basil Poledouris type industrial score.

Combined score by Einstürzende Neubauten, John Foxx and Gary Numan. Gamerkidz won't know them though but CD Projekt already stated that their games are not for kids anyway :cool:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
From the linked invester call above it sounds like they don't have a lot of confidence in the November release date either. But the talk of the new consoles and the extra interest in launch titles pretty much confirms the reason for the delay.

But still, the lack of confidence tells me there has to be some serious drama behind the scenes.

Danikas

Arcane
From the linked invester call above it sounds like they don't have a lot of confidence in the November release date either. But the talk of the new consoles and the extra interest in launch titles pretty much confirms the reason for the delay.

But still, the lack of confidence tells me there has to be some serious drama behind the scenes.
This game will either be very good or a total dumpster fire in any case we win if its option 1 we get a good game to play if its option 2 we get another meme generator.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

This game will either be very good or a total dumpster fire in any case we win if its option 1 we get a good game to play if its option 2 we get another meme generator.
Art through adversity and all that, let's hope :outrage:

Silverfish

Arbiter
I say fuck the retrowave and go for glorious Basil Poledouris type industrial score.

With cyberpunk being so rooted in the 80's, heavy metal is the only acceptable option. Picture it, folks. It's the middle of the night and you're driving through the rain-slicked, neon hellscape of a futuristic megapolis and this fucking banger kicks in on the radio:

Just cancel the game altogether.

No. I want to see how far the genital customization marketing gimmick actually goes. I'm holding out hope that I can modify my wang to fire bullets.

Darkzone

Arcane
Combined score by Einstürzende Neubauten, John Foxx and Gary Numan. Gamerkidz won't know them though but CD Projekt already stated that their games are not for kids anyway :cool:
So you have then only three good songs: ZNS, Underpass and Cars. You can also add Anne Clark for two aditional songs: Our Darkness and Sleeper in Metropolis.

Machocruz

Arcane
How are the radio stations going to be like? In just 57 years, no one listens to classical anymore for some reason?

Dodo1610

Arcane
From what I have heard from glassdoor reviews, leaks, journalists etc are the writers especially the lead ones are among the privileged people within CDP. So they have the least reason to actually leave. Though how many of the normal quest or dialogue writers are still left I really do not know.
Oh and now the obligatory Dark Horse tie-in comic

Nadia, an assistant EMT for a privately-owned business known as Trauma Team International, is the sole survivor of a failed rescue mission turned shootout. After she agrees to continue work for an upcoming extraction mission, Nadia and her new team find themselves in an even more dangerous and life-threatening situation
Creators
Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Miguel Valderrama
Colorist: Jason Wordie
Cover Artist: Miguel Valderrama
Genre: Action/Adventure, Science-Fiction, Video Game
Publication Date: September 09, 2020
Format: FC, 32 pages
Price: $3.99

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
So you have then only three good songs: ZNS, Underpass and Cars.

Not existing songs, a completely new instrumental score. The rest of that sentence sounds like you think only hit singles must be good, when it usually is the complete opposite with practically anyone with a modicum of talent. Singles are promotional meal tickets. There's nothing wrong with those song examples though, it's just that there's so much more to discover.

Darkzone

Arcane
The rest of that sentence sounds like you think only hit singles must be good, when it usually is the complete opposite with practically anyone with a modicum of talent. Singles are promotional meal tickets.
Now look at my signature and count 2 and 2 together and try to figure out why this is retarded what you you have written.
Do you think that i do not own Metamatic, Halber Mensch and Pleasure Princliple? I will state that Gary Numan was not so bad the last 20 years and i like him and his music more than in the 80s-00s and he has turned quite into a Icon.
The song Cars would fit quite well especially revamped like the Fear Factory version:

Blixa Bargeld on the other hand was only exceptional with Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds:

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
The rest of that sentence sounds like you think only hit singles must be good, when it usually is the complete opposite with practically anyone with a modicum of talent. Singles are promotional meal tickets.
Now look at my signature and count 2 and 2 together and try to figure out why this is retarded what you you have written.
Do you think that i do not own Metamatic, Halber Mensch and Pleasure Princliple? I will state that Gary Numan was not so bad the last 20 years and i like him and his music more than in the 80s-00s and he has turned quite into a Icon.
The song Cars would fit quite well especially revamped like the Fear Factory version:

Blixa Bargeld on the other hand was only exceptional with Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds:

I have to admit I didn't notice it before, but there's no need to turn this into some pissing contest just because I said I don't like Carpenter Brut.

Darkzone

Arcane
I have to admit I didn't notice it before, but there's no need to turn this into some pissing contest just because I said I don't like Carpenter Brut.
That pissing contests are a good thing is the attitude of true martial artists. As the saying goes: Knives are sharpened against each other. I prolonged our discussion in the hope i learn something new from you. Also i thrive on conflict, because it is in my blood.
You don't have to like Carpenter Brut and nobody can force you to. And it is not about what you like, but it is about how you argument for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom