Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
heroics 4+'s fights can be soloed
That changed since release then.
I remember that even solo class missions required precise rotations (or min-maxing/buffs) to complete, especially towards the end.

Oh yes, it changed big time. The game is very, very different from what it was at release.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Depend of your toon and gear, the heroics near the end were hard for me when I needed to fights more then 2-3 enemies at once, Operative sucks at tanking but at very least you don't need to fight every couple of meters, I finished the last dungeon in Imperial Agent Story line by steal-thing past everybody except Hunter.

Who was some kind of tranny?

:whatho:

Wombyn pretending to be man? I escaped and killed him/her on sight anyways as my Chiss promised, I am in game to kill terrorists and enemies of Motherland not to hear their sad childhood stories.

The Story line is best in game you have options either to:

Become Hand of Jadus
Become Head of Sith Inteligence
Become Double (Or triple if you play as Chiss) Agent for Republic.
Give BC to Minister of Inteligence and become Free Agent for Empire Like Comrade Strelkov.
Keep or throw it away too.

Sadly no option to give it to Ascendancy, the Imperial Agent story line alone was worth 15 zion bux, and I even not touched expansions, Fleshpoints, Operations and PvP.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Travel back in time a few years, grind PvP and you got it. No thanks needed, I am happy to help. :salute:

If you have no timemachine at hand, you could buy the saber marshal from the fleet vendor and... uuh, try some gray dye on it?

the fabulous neckpiece which makes any toon speak like he has throat cancer. fuck no.
and all the headbands jewels i found look like ass.

i did lots of investigation, research, digging and shopping. the closest (but still not really the same, damn fucking hoods) solution to the loss of free, easy to obtain equipment, is going to cost me about 8m in equipment and dyes.
if you ask me, it sounds retarded aplenty, even if the biggest obstacle is 7.5m worth of emperor's hand dye.

Ninjerk

Arcane
This game is boring me to tears. I just spent 2 hours swatting something called "Flesh Raiders" with Nerf batons. Does this game ever get interesting?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Black Jedi Sith Master Orgus Tremel-or-whatever: You need a real blade. Go to the tomb of Ajunta Pall, first of the Sith Masters. There you will find an ancient Sith armory. Take a real blade from it.
*it's a red Nerf baton*
*uninstalled*

Nito

Educated
Patron
Played this on release, thinking of picking it up again.
Whats the status of the game?

The class stories are still cool, but the actual game itself is now both not fun *and* also nerfed into the floor with QOL "improvements" and an exploitative free-to-play monetization scheme, removing any sense of accomplishment.

Deleted member 7219

So, I've come back to the game. I finished the last bits of the Eternal Empire / Eternal Alliance arc, and I've completed the Onslaught expansion. Overall impressions: pretty good.

In depth impressions:

SWTOR's biggest flaw is that it is half-heartedly trying to be another KOTOR game - Sith, Jedi, the Force, companions, and high adventure - but it can't be, because it is an MMO. It is bound to certain things, like there has to be a Republic, and there has to be a Sith Empire. A single player game would not be as bound to those constraints. Imagine a KOTOR 3 where you found the True Sith (Vitiate's Sith) and the Republic well and truly fell as a result. It was already at the brink of collapse in KOTOR 2. Ushering in a long period of darkness and tyranny, where the Jedi have to claw their way back, piece by piece. SWTOR can't do that because it has to keep the Republic together and give Republic characters things to do.

The previous expansions always raised an eyebrow with me because it felt like nothing you did had any point to it. I knew the Eternal Empire just didn't fit the universe they had set up. So I was glad to see Onslaught reignited the conflict between Republic and Sith again. I played my trusty Sith Juggernaut, Darth Vilrost, who's always been a Sith loyalist, and I had a good time. I was glad to be able to make choices to bring the Eternal Alliance to an end and get back to where things were. I liked seeing old characters again, and killing companions who betrayed me. I think I've killed most of the original companion list at this point - except for the companions who stayed loyal. I thought the writing was pretty good, certainly the best since the original class stories. I get the feeling Drew Karpyshyn and Alexander Freed were more involved this time around.

The game is still fatally flawed from a story point of view, for the reasons I stated earlier. Gameplay is really nothing to shout about. I don't do flashpoints, operations, PVP or any other endgame content in SWTOR because the combat is horrible. I suffer through it in the story but I don't think I could face it in multiplayer. So I play the single player content, unsubscribe, and resub when there's new single player content. Yep, not a good MMO.

My personal wishlist for SWTOR would be to have new class stories as good as the original ones, with all the companions, but that just isn't going to happen. I thought this expansion ended on a good note, so I'm happy to play more, but if this expansion had been like the ones before I would have taken a different view.

Deleted member 7219

Can it be played as a single player game?

Yes, a single player game where you have limited effect on the universe at large, but do not need to group with other players to tackle the story content.

There's a lot of story content, of varying quality. The class stories are all good, I've finished them all. Knights of the Fallen Empire, Eternal Throne and Onslaught are also good in places, with some reactivity here and there.

It definitely is not the KOTOR 3 that was promised, let alone the 4, 5 and 6 they also said it was, but as a story-based Star Wars game it'll do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom