Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Adon

Arcane
I went back to Dark Souls 2 after playing Sekiro. Still had a grand old time. Recently started up Dark Souls 3, too and been enjoying as much as the last time I went through it. Once you go through Bloodborne, going back to the older games has always been easier in comparison so it's not too surprising that I've been breezing through the game.

On the other hand, I haven't had an ounce of desire to go back to Sekiro.

Black Angel

Arcane
Once I got past his first stage (and not fucking up on Genichiro's stage) then I found his second and third stages quite easy. He used the spear thrust against me a lot and I Mikiri countered every one of them, which seems to do massive posture damage to him. Once his third stage, which I'd never seen before, came out I simply reversed all the lightning and he kept using spear thrust so I just kept countering it and down he went.
I personally found Sword Saint to be far more difficult during his 2nd stage with only his spear and glock. His 3rd stage is far easier mainly because lightning reversal, especially when paired with Mist Raven Feather, way too OP.

Got the Dragon Return ending but I wonder what happened to Emma. Does she just stay and wait to be killed in the castle next to old Isshin's body?
Yeah, this is the one thing that bothers me a lot regarding Dragon Return ending. Either they forgot to include her here, or they think we know it's only natural that Emma would follow Sekiro and the rice loli, especially considering Emma was in a dilemma on why should anyone dies to sever the immortality. Dragon Return is literally the solution Emma's looking for. And it's weird we can't bring the topic up with her after receiving those revelations from the Senpou Temple.

Raskens

Learned
Patron
I liked the combat in DeS, DS and DS2, but DS3s combat focused way too much on reflexes instead of pattern analysis, so I dropped it. How is Sekiros combat compared to the older Souls games?

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I liked the combat in DeS, DS and DS2, but DS3s combat focused way too much on reflexes instead of pattern analysis, so I dropped it. How is Sekiros combat compared to the older Souls games?

It has more in common with Ninja Gaiden than Souls. + it is for weebos.

Perkel

Arcane
No similarities ?

Non customizable character
Action heavy combat
You find weapons and arts in levels

It is more Ninja Gaiden that it is Souls game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Oh shit than I guess by that reasoning it's also more akin to God Hand and DMC than Soul games... :M

What you just listened are the similarities that the majority of combat focused action game have with each other. And even compared to DS3 and Bloodborne, the only quality those two lack that Sekiro has is the "fully customizable character" part.

Sekiro's and NG combat and enemy design are almost polar opposites.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

If you don't have reflexes then forget about Sekiro. It's all about parries.

RepHope

Savant
Finally started playing this. I like it so far, does Sekiro himself ever get more of a personality or is he the same generic static protagonist throughout the whole game?

polo

Magister
Finally started playing this. I like it so far, does Sekiro himself ever get more of a personality or is he the same generic static protagonist throughout the whole game?
Did u play any fromsoft soulslike game before? Cause ur answer is in them.

Silva

Arcane
He has a voice so he's already better than other Souls protags. But he doesn't show that much personality anyway.

RepHope

Savant
Why do you care? Are you a storyfag? the last of us already came out
I wouldn’t know because I don’t give a shit about Naughty Dog walking sims, but you go have fun kiddo. It must feel nice to finally see your transsexual identity represented with Abby.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
this was my favorite game and i thought from were geniuses until i found out that this 2019 title has no support for 120hz monitors. Are you fucking kidding? Games from the early 2000s support 120hz, theres no excuse for this shit in a port.

Silva

Arcane
this was my favorite game and i thought from were geniuses until i found out that this 2019 title has no support for 120hz monitors. Are you fucking kidding? Games from the early 2000s support 120hz, theres no excuse for this shit in a port.
True gems like Sekiro always have some kind of flaw. Just like good fictional characters in books and movies. Perfect characters are always popamole, like in Disney stories. Or Bioware.

Ivan

Arcane
I immediately thought about an impossible DLC announcement
tenor.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom