Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate BG3 Blurb Contest

Maxie

In this thread, I challenge you to come up with the most uninspired and hackneyed blurb for Larian's Baldur's Gate III you can manage, which blurb will inevitably end up a part of some mainstream gaming website review. The more clownworldy, the better. The winner becomes Codex's official recommendation of the game, as approved by DarkUnderlord. Put your snideness to some use, men.

my take: A MODERN TWIST ON THE CLASSIC FORMULA

Howdy

YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE ADVENTURING FORTH... INTO THE FUTURE OF PC ROLEPLAYING RPG GAMES

Edit also

YES YOU CAN FUCK THEM ALL IF YOU WANT TO

Last edited by a moderator:

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
While updating the, frankly, archaic and outdated gameplay of Divinity: Original Sin 2, and taking the page from Bethesda's book in both quality role-playing and starting their franchise with the third installment, Lairan delivers what might very well be the best RPG game ever.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally you can take a diverse cast of fierce companions on stunning and brave adventures in a classic setting streamlined and brought to this year standards.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
in one profund moment Minsc was unpetrified after a hundred years, immediately gets clubbed to death by a strong woman who you can have romance with

YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE ADVENTURING FORTH

... but you actually don't have to gather your party this time to venture forth. Every party member can go freely for his own story multiplayer reasons.

Turuko

Learned
With Baldur's Gate 3 Larian has taken the fundamentals of the franchise, broken them apart and rebuilt them into an RPG so refined and compulsively playable that it's done the unthinkable: It's finally rendered its predecessors a footnote.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shit, I thought I'd give it a go, but people ITT read much more mainstream gaming journoshit than I do.

BALDUR'S GATE III IS PROOF THAT VIDEO GAMES ARE ART AND MEANINGFUL STORY-TELLING PLATFORMS COMPARABLE TO LITERARY CLASSICS SUCH AS THE STRANGER.

Generic-Giant-Spider

"Baldur's Gate III not only lives up to its legacy but easily succeeds it, one of the finest moments in RPG history that will be celebrated for decades to come. Larian has truly rolled a perfect 20."

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
"BG3. What to say? Can even stand head to toe with quintessential Throne of Bhaal campaign and any modern JRPGs. Cutscenes are spectacular."

Last edited:

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
'Return of hardcore RPG style... one of the best RPGs in past 10 years, this game will keep you up all night.'

PapaPetro

"Hey it's shit. But they'll still eat it."

fnN1m6C.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom