Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Murk

Arcane
I think I found the inspiration for Abby's visual design...

DrHcCWqWoAAFceS.jpg

d1779271aa1630639ca87967cc201658.jpg

1110350.jpg

1473872419572.jpg

She is a cutie pie.

I see your moosefix and raise you a J-Vinz

julia-vins-1445081704l48pc.jpg

julia-vins-1454159246l8p4c.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
a person i know, whose judgement i usually appreciate, just told me we're a bunch of cocksuckers because the gameplay is perfect and improved on every level, the story is awesome, the character of abby is perfectly integrated and he's not really shown as a transexual

my world is in ruins, i don't know what to believe anymore. definitely not him.

Well, I've watched 9 hours and a half out of a 11 hour TLOU2 "the movie" video on YouTube. And while I can't judge the gameplay (for obvious reasons) and I won't judge the story (because I haven't finished it yet, even though I think I'm already well past spoilers), Abby is neither a transexual or a transgender. She is, literally, a woman who lifts. I don't think she is any less well integrated than Ellie is, who despite her petite frame she shows superhuman strength during combat.

I do think that, overall, the story is told fairly sloppy. But I think this has a lot to do with the amount of information they were handling, which (IMO) had a fairly unnecessary plot thread whose whole point, at a glance, appears to be humanizing Abby (which I personally didn't need, I don't need 5 hours of cutscenes to know someone whose father was killed will want revenge...). But overall yeah, I don't think the story is a trainwreck by any stretch of the imagination so far, would love to see what those same people tout as "good storytelling" (I'm guessing some other AAA garbage or worse, a JRPG).

wahrk

Learned
He certainly relates with Rose since Joel chose a single person he loves over the whole humanity. an unreliable doctor killing a 14 year old girl without her knowledge to create a vaccine that may or may not work for an event that already happened

Yea, everyone would.

Sigourn said:
Well, I've watched 9 hours and a half out of a 11 hour TLOU2 "the movie" video on YouTube.

I’d wait until the end, I think it’s by far the dumbest part.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
“Sigourn” said:
Well, I've watched 9 hours and a half out of a 11 hour TLOU2 "the movie" video on YouTube.

I definitely will. There are plenty of pacing issues I noticed, the big three being:
  • The arbitrary placement and length of the flashbacks.
  • The weird and tangentially related Seattle Abby plot (which feels like the devs were trying to mirror Joel/Ellie's story).
  • The completely disjointed two halves of the game.
I also very much dislike the big timeskip between Ellie getting the shit beaten out of her and her being in a farm, but I stopped the video very shortly afterwards so I hope there's an explanation as to how she was able to carry her and her girlfriend back home after both getting beaten to a pulp.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
He certainly relates with Rose since Joel chose a single person he loves over the whole humanity. an unreliable doctor killing a 14 year old girl without her knowledge to create a vaccine that may or may not work for an event that already happened

Yea, everyone would.

“Sigourn” said:

Don't bother.

Sigourn is a complete dumbfuck without the tag.

Egosphere

Arcane
I only love the guy who doomed the whole humanity to save his daughter figure, a true hero.
Who wouldn't doom humanity if its future looked like this?

The whole 'we need to kill her to save hoomanity' shtick in tlou was a farce.

The vaccine is being created by a group that are considered terrorists in the places worth saving (ie. the military controlled cities)
The cities outside the law are shitholes populated by feral mobs that shoot on sight
The game has no infection mechanics - you cannot get infected. If you get caught by zombies, the encounter is fatal and they shred your neck.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have to give credit to Alanah for hosting this discussion. Any effort to bring actual debate and critical opinions to the bottom-feeders who d1p TLOU2 is a positive step.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, this Jeff Canata guy is the worst cuck imaginable, it's worth watching it just out of scientific interest.

At one point before he has been interrupted, he was saying that Joel's decision is a tough one, and if he, Jeff, also a father of a daughter, had to take the same decision, it would have been tough, but... and then he was interrupted by someone and the topic changed :lol:

At another point he accidentally talked over the (non-Alanah) blonde girl, then he was so awkward and apologizing and sternly refused to resume talking, that Alanah took over and continued.

Now he just said that he is ok with the second part of the game and for him TLOU2 is "Abby's game", and that he welcomes the fact that the game has him see a character do something so horrible to characters who are so beloved, and then puts the player in that character's shoes, and pushes the player to empathize with that character.

At times I think the safety nets of civilization have gotten so far that some people are forgetting the basic logic by which organisms function. We've managed to tune out the law of natural selection, and the result are people with the thinking of Jeff Canata.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom