Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The Codex Saves Hollywood From the Jews in... (Let's Play) Hollywood Movie Studio

Buckle up for a ride in your imagination. Today we'll begin a journey in:

Hollywood Movie Studio

KS61zJC.jpg

We will be playing together, utilizing the unlimited wealth and potential of the hivemind to create films to break box office records.

The year is 2020, actual (((celebrities))) will be the talent (actors, actresses, producers, and directors). There are 9 studios against us (run by a horde of Harvey Weinsteins, one guesses) and we have to show we've got the box office know-how to get big bucks and redpill the masses.

This is going to truly be a Let's Play this time. I'm handing off most of the work to you flunkies, if you're willing to accept it. To start I need our Studio name as well as the name of our humble hero and then the name of 9 other studios and their villain presidents.

We're playing on pussy New in Town difficulty so we get absurdly inflated numbers and we're going tit for tat with our enemies. For every movie we make, they will make one. The game ends with 25 movies. The game has its own way of judging the winner, but for my own personal desires, we will win if we end the game with the most award wins and the #1 box office movie of all time.

P.S. I also need a name for the Oscars equivalent, what academy gives them out, and what theatre they are presented in.

Update 1: Instructions On Making Your Movie
Update 2: Slowly Makin' Movies

:pizzabunny:

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Studio name: Codex Celluloid Constellation
Studio head name: Vince D.

Other studio: Beth, with Todd Howard. Biodrone, with David Gayder. Actelevision, with Robert Kotick. Rainbow production, with Brianna Wu.

Oscar Equivalents: Red Trolls. Given by the public library academy. In DU's Australian shack

Last edited:
Update 1: Instructions

This is going to be a real infodump so that you all can pick what a movie is about. I will make the movie by selecting the "talent" based on good auditions (because if I had to wait on you fuckers for this the game would never end) but the rest I leave in your capable hands.

We are Vince D. The new president of the Kinematic Kool Krew. We have 10 billion dollars to spend on movies. We have a loving boyfriend:

gSJCzPv.jpg

And a kind assistant who looks an awful lot like what a terrible cartoonist thinks we look like:

EMSvCNL.jpg

Now on to the nuts and bolts. The next set of images (and its a lot) will be all the choices you can make for a movie.

They can be Live Action or animation. They can be any genre and sub-genre in the list. They can be any of the eras. Anything you see, you can pick. Give me what you want as well as the stars (1-5) for Intelligence, Plot Twists, Dialogue, Story Pace, Elements, Foul Language, Love Scenes, Story Scope, Set Construction, Pyro Effects, Robotic Effects, and Special Effects.

uoEyMTJ.jpg

6H6Kxem.jpg

r6YsQTx.jpg

VSprPAS.jpg

VdMCwvY.jpg

EtkZfDV.jpg

Sy7HgD7.jpg

VkNV1MK.jpg

Ezh9Piw.jpg

Now for Actors, you can pick gender. You have to have at least a main character. Any other characters are option. You can have one buddy, one villain, multiple love interests, major and minor supports. They have to have a talent focus, be it comedy, drama, etc. They can be a variety of species. They can be any age. Any type, persona, etc. Give a 0-5 star for nudity, stunts, and make-up effects for each character (basically the amount they have to do of each). Whether they live or die, and whether they are needed for a sequel. Difficulty rating is how hard the role is to perform (important for those Best Actor and Actress nods). And feel free to give your characters names to flesh out your little story.

Rg8Ze7C.jpg

Y58JwSW.jpg

SrRMY0b.jpg

dMaM0Gx.jpg

Choose the story's ending. Fill up the minor roles with 0-5 stars in nudity, stunts, and special effects. Secondary villains, etc.

g6EJoG5.jpg

oxdrou4.jpg

This may be a lot to put on you all, but I have faith in you. You can come up with movies at any time. We have to make 25 in all, so just post them when you come up with them. I'll do one to start us off a bit after this is posted to also show off the production side of things.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Delta Brotocol

Live action. Who do you think we are, Disney?

Action
Science Fiction

Weird, there's a lot of duplicate in those two list. Maybe a difference between major and minor focus

Distant Future
Justice
Males, 18-35
No secondary audience/All Males
Futuristic
Major City
Cityscape
Foothills

I don't get the difference between development & terrain, so whatever

Intelligence 2
Plot Twists 2
Dialogue 4
Story Pace 4
Elements 5
Foul Language 5
Love Scenes 0
Story Scope 4
Set Construction 5
Pyro Effects 5
Robotic Effects 5
Special Effects 5

MC:
Action
Human
Heavy
Aggresive
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 3
Live
No sequel
Called Chris Evallone.

Villain:
Action
Alien
Male
Lead
Tough
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 3
Dies
Fargus Raqut

secondary villain
Villain:
Action
Human
Male
Nerd
Nasty
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 3
Dies
Josh Segway

Ending Happy

In the dazzling city of Obsidian, PI Chris has been crossed one time to many by his old boss. Now he's on the warpath, out to get vengeance on all who wronged him. No romance cause Chris is a chad that need no women.

Started with a movie I wanted to see (action-adventure with sci-fi), end up with memes instead. Though you can add some support characters if you want.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
The Battle Of Cape Hatteras

Live Action

War,
Satire

1900's
Right And Wrong
All Family
Ocean
Major City
Seaside

Intelligence 2
Plot Twists 5
Dialogue 2
Story Pace 4
Elements 5
Foul Language 0
Love Scenes 0
Story Scope 4
Set Construction 5
Pyro Effects 5
Robotic Effects 5
Special Effects 5

MC:
Action and comdey
Human
Lead
Heroic
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 0
Dies
No sequel
Named Admiral Andnjord

Support:
Comedy
Animal (rat)
Male
Support
Wacky
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 5
Valevelkal, the loveable comedic side-kick to the admiral

Villain:
Action and Comdey
Human
Male
Bad Boy
Sexy
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 3
Vice Admiral Dayyalu, the handsome traitor

Ending: Thought Provoking

Off the coast of the USA, the Gallant Confederate Fleet prepares to face off the might of the United Soviet Of America's Fleet. Outnumbered and outgunned the scrappy confederates will nethertheless emerge victorious, but not before the traitor Dayyalu cowardly assasinates the victorious Admiral Andnjord. A satirical depiction of the events, this movie invites everyone to reflect on the futility of war, with a dash of comedy that ought to keep the whole family entertained. Based on a real story.

Update 2: Slowly Makin' Movies (Jan 2020 - March 2021)

Things are just getting started in this update that sets up the production of our three current movies. Let me just give a forewarning that the AI in the game essentially cheats, so they'll have movies out before we even finish 1. But the Codex has always been the underdog.

Let's start with my little Business/Drama/Biopic film: Black Isle, Black Hearts.

OJn4lbF.jpg

The tale of the rise and fall of Black Isle Entertainment through the eyes of famed visionary Chris Avellone. Watch as he leads his fellows, Feargus Urquhart and J.E. Sawyer against the villainous Herve Caen of Interplay all while having steamy sex scenes with his 18 year old girlfriend Jackie:

7DpdoU4.jpg

So here's how the AI cheats, we have to "write" our screenplays after we come up with them, while the AI automatically gets screenplays no waiting. So we have to wait 9-13 months for our scripts to be done.

Here's a list of all the movies that our enemies are working on from this time period:

OG4iWhr.jpg

Anyway, we finally get a movie ready for production. Delta Brotocol (had it not been named, it would have been called RPGKilldex). I was originally going to have you all decide the production stats for yourselves but that would make this even slower, so I've decided that we will always go balls-to-the-wall and spare no expense. It takes money to make money as they say. Here's the production screen for Delta Brotocol:

w8bX4VS.jpg

After greenlighting the movie, I had to cast it. I cast generally based on a five-star rating in what the character talent is. Also to honor the Codex, I avoid black people when possible:

yzAzXJW.jpg

Gyllenhaal as Evallone, Cavill as Fargus, and Armie Hammer as Josh Segway in a film by Ridley Scott.

Next up was The Battle of Cape Hatteras:

bnacjCc.jpg

hqbZuYN.jpg

Egerton as Andnjord, Batalon as the monkey, and Adam Driver as Dayyalu in a film by random TV director Alec Smight.

Finally came Black Isle, Black Hearts:

iGV4wGP.jpg

pfuuSi1.jpg

Ehrenreich as our hero Chris Avellone, Auli'i Cravalho as his young concubine Jackie, Toby Kebbel as Herve Caen, Ansel Elgort after about 100 pounds plays Feargus, and Kodi Smit-McPhee as J.E. Sawyer in Martin Scorsese's latest dumpster fire.

Production on both the special effects epics will take years but Black Isle, Black Hearts will be done in time for the next award season. Hoping some more movies will be added to our slate before I continue so we can keep rolling.

Now get on your tuxes, it's time for!

Mwd8R7J.jpg

This award show is clearly run by shills and is a horrifying reminder of what we are fighting against. These are this year's winners. Be horrified to know we live in a world where Kate Upton was nominated for Best Actress:

Dg8Lpa0.jpg

Biodrone has a crushing early lead in Red Troll wins winning 5 of 8 with fake news CNN winning the other 3. Have no fear, we will do our best to strive for victory.

Now to end our tale, here is the current box office top 10:

QPxx0Lj.jpg

Warmer Studios currently leads the worldwide box office with a film just released the same month as the Red Trolls. We shall see what the future holds. Until then... post some fucking movie ideas. Even just give me the idea and character names and I'll come up with the numbers myself.

baud

Arcane
Patron
Egerton as Andnjord, Batalon as the monkey, and Adam Driver as Dayyalu in a film by random TV director Alec Smight.

:D

I said no sequel to Delta Brotocol, but maybe a prequel: (also a prequel allow to reuse part of it)

Gamma Brotocol - Torment.

Action
Science Fiction

Distant Future
Justice
Males, 18-35
No secondary audience/All Males
Futuristic
Major City
Cityscape
Foothills

Intelligence 4
Plot Twists 2
Dialogue 4
Story Pace 4
Elements 3
Foul Language 3
Love Scenes 0
Story Scope 4
Set Construction 5
Pyro Effects 5
Robotic Effects 5
Special Effects 5

MC:
Action
Human
Lead
Aggresive
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 3
Live
No sequel
Called Chris Evallone.

Supporting:
Drama
Human
Male
Friend
Heroic
Nudity 0
Stunts 3
Make-up 2
Live
Mark Margon

Villain
Action & Drama
Human
Male
Bad Boy
Eccentric
Nudity 0
Stunts 5
Make-up 2
Guido Heineken

Can we have a second/minor villain? If so:
Action & Drama
Human
Male
Loser
Crazed
Nudity 0
Stunts 4
Make-up 4
Tom Cuik

Ending: upbeat

Five years before Delta Brotocol, Chris, a PI down his luck and lost in the depths of all the alcohol that can be found on Isla Negra, must crack a tough case, mostly by cracking down the skulls of a few idiots that stand in his way. Aided by folk guitarist Mark Margon, he goes against crooked business mangnate Guido Heineken, responsible for the sorry state of Isla Negra, and his gang-banger henchman Tom Cuik.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom