Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 4 Golden - out on Steam

overture2112

Novice
Golden can't be emulated anyway.

Oh you're right. My mistake, I assumed Golden was released on ps2 as well. I guess I take back my earlier wish then.

cruel

Cipher
I'm just really not fond of dialogues where characters explicitly describe each iota of how they feel/ what happened, going over each point a few times - and even that's tolerable for me unless I'm getting this shoved in my face over and over again for a prolonged period of time, the way it was with P5.

P4G is much better in that regard - the assumed intelligence of the player is much higher here. I don't remember being annoyed with characters repeating same stuff all over again and treating you like an idiot (and no 'FOR REAL?' or anything like that).

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Golden can't be emulated anyway.
Yup. If there's any of them that needed a port the most, it's the one you needed to possess a physical Vita for in order to be able to play.
It is interesting that Atlus choose to port to the PC the only Persona/SMT game that can't be played on PC through emulation (excluding some other recent expansion of Persona 5 on the Switch, but the Switch will be emulated eventually).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Eh, I doubt that, at the decision making level this was most likely as said about checking whether a slightly older but not too old Persona games still made money

Beggar

Cipher
Don't forget about the true ending. Most likely you'll all won't eradicate the fog problem and just end the game without solving it

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
This is my first time playing the Golden version and the new waifu they added is seriously testing my love for Rise-Chan. Marie is pretty cute.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
game just crashed one turn before i beat shadow kanji. i am going 2 chimp out
Patch the exe to be large address aware and use the Special K mod. That should prevent any crashes. At least I haven't had any.

Lilliput McHammersmith

I’m ashamed to admit that I really like this game.

I hate weaboo crap, but the Persona system is dope. It’s basically a more advanced Pokémon, which is great, because Sword/Shield felt very very “kiddie” so this scratches that itch pretty nicely.

I’m also dying a lot, which is great. Stupid shadows and their party wipes. Still haven’t saved
Yukiko

flyingjohn

Arcane
So atlus twitter posted that the game launch was a success.
In other news atlus ceo has discovered that water is wet and more money is good.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The tweet:

I was curious about geographical distribution of the sales, because, to be honest, many of Japanese games' success on Steam were driven by Chinese players.

And no, it was not necessarily the case this time. Since SteamSpy became unreliable our best stat is the number of reviews by language.
  • English - 8,500
  • Simplified Chinese - 1,326
  • Spanish - 305
  • Korean - 296
  • Traditional Chinese - 167
  • Japanese - 135
Chinese audience is still sizable, but this time English speakers are the majority. Well maybe not surprising since this series has a big western audience. Probably partly due to that P4G only supports Taiwanese Chinese? (Oh, also it seem the regional price for China is not quite regional.)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Probably partly due to that P4G only supports Taiwanese Chinese?

Huh. That's kinda a strange decision isn't it.

Like I can't discern a reason why but just to spite mainland China.

I guess the CEO needs to learn that more money is good after all :lol:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
If I have to guess when P4 and P4G were out the consoles were never officially released in the mainland China, just in Taiwan. So there was no official release of this game in China. And they probably didn't bother to add Simplified Chinese localization for this new release.

680x0

Learned
Now I just need a port of Shiren Tower of Fate and I can throw my PSTV right in the trash.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Atlus put out a new player poll. Posting it here as this is the most active Atlus related thread right now.

Let them know you're PC gamers and you're not going to buy the next generation of garbage consoles!

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5586784/1871dd905c5c?link=twitter

Also make sure to answer not interested in all the comsetics/weapon dlc questions and to answer that you are very interested in Yakuza games sequels/remasters/spinnoffs/whatever

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I apparently am not qualified to partake in the poll.

Is it because I am German or am above 30?

Jinn

Arcane
Just finished up the poll. Sadly big lack of specific questions concerning Shin Megami Tensei baseline games. Lot of Persona stuff.

Readher

Savant
Pick USA or UK, otherwise it won't let you take the survey.

There's also an error in one of SMT questions where they tell you to pick all games that apply but you can only pic one smh.

Vorark

Erudite
I apparently am not qualified to partake in the poll.

Is it because I am German or am above 30?

German. Same happened to me, just tell you're from the US.

Just finished up the poll. Sadly big lack of specific questions concerning Shin Megami Tensei baseline games. Lot of Persona stuff.

Noticed it too. I had a bunch of Persona 3 questions, including stuff like "would you be interested in a remaster/remake/sequel". Same for the Etrian Odyssey.
Gimme Persona 3 and EO on PC! :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom