Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Forget about ever doing half the content because it's gated behind RNG LOL
:( I guess I can always ditch ssf when I feel like challenging awakener.
PSA for anyone planning to do this: transfering from SSF to League apparently deletes your garden. I had to start mine over from scratch. No seeds, no infrastructure, nothing. No idea why they'd make it work like this :rage:

Damned Registrations

Yeah something about it being an anti-botting measure so people can't pick up infinite amounts of items? Seems dumb to me but I guess you could technically use it to pick up like every last item in the zone and vendor it for alts or whatever. People did that with Delve at some point apparently?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Its because you can access the garden from within your map, as in, it inherits all the map mods, including IIQ/IIR values, influence, how delirious the map is etc. This allows for a lot of additional loot if you save up your harvest for a juiced map, but makes it impossible to implement a stash within the garden, otherwise you'd be able to access your stash at any point during a map.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Also, don't forget that the base-map type applies to the garden as well. Meaning all the div-cards that can drop in the map, will then be able to drop in your garden. Got 6 humilities out of a 9plot-garden yday, just as an example. Wouldn't be surprised if the meta becomes to run shitty T1s to loot seed-caches and speed up the growing process, and then opening up the garden which is filled with T1s seeds in a seriously juiced up Burial Chambers.

eklektyk

Erudite
so logged in for giggles on standard with my exharold build and it is completly bricked ....

cuckmasters at ggg force change all your items to their new shitty versiions so dont even bother tryig to resurrect it ...

no legacy heraldry or other cluster jewelss all got bricked by fucksters at ggg HQ

amout of petty animosity emanating from those office dvellers sometimes astounds me ... like they could simply let you play op build on standard with all those items going legacy but no NUKE IT FROM ORBIT .... ffs some people just baffle me ....

ps. meanwhile same office fucksters play mana guardians and vd bs for multiple legues by now and those are fine for game balance and other bs PR speak morons and sjw spew everywhere ... is at least a modicum of consistency too much to ask? either nuke all of bs or let it rot as legacy on standard and not this do as we told you and not as we do you moron speak ...

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
BTW the reset of the garden upon migration from SSF to trade league might be intentional, because of the laptop contest.

ArchAngel

Arcane
so logged in for giggles on standard with my exharold build and it is completly bricked ....

cuckmasters at ggg force change all your items to their new shitty versiions so dont even bother tryig to resurrect it ...

no legacy heraldry or other cluster jewelss all got bricked by fucksters at ggg HQ

amout of petty animosity emanating from those office dvellers sometimes astounds me ... like they could simply let you play op build on standard with all those items going legacy but no NUKE IT FROM ORBIT .... ffs some people just baffle me ....

ps. meanwhile same office fucksters play mana guardians and vd bs for multiple legues by now and those are fine for game balance and other bs PR speak morons and sjw spew everywhere ... is at least a modicum of consistency too much to ask? either nuke all of bs or let it rot as legacy on standard and not this do as we told you and not as we do you moron speak ...
You are asking a lot from a team that makes a new league every 4 months with lots of changes. They are barely able to do that in time and usually we all beta test their shit for first few weeks.

eklektyk

Erudite

You are asking a lot from a team that makes a new league every 4 months with lots of changes. They are barely able to do that in time and usually we all beta test their shit for first few weeks.

im not asking them to code all properly - spoiler - they cant do that shit anyway

all im asking is for them to stop being petty vindictive cunts - thats all

and 4 month dev cycle is their invention so not my problem its falling apart - nobody makes them do it all the time - unles you have footage of some chineese in ggg office yelling ...

on an unrelated note warcrys def gona get hammered with nerfs ... plus i have on good authority that few brands have broken interactions and may be "fixed" rather soonish

Damned Registrations

You're butthurt they nerfed the build that let people get like 3000% aura effect and completely break the game? Cry me a fucking river.

ArchAngel

Arcane

im not asking them to code all properly - spoiler - they cant do that shit anyway

all im asking is for them to stop being petty vindictive cunts - thats all

and 4 month dev cycle is their invention so not my problem its falling apart - nobody makes them do it all the time - unles you have footage of some chineese in ggg office yelling ...

on an unrelated note warcrys def gona get hammered with nerfs ... plus i have on good authority that few brands have broken interactions and may be "fixed" rather soonish
You missed my point. My point is that it is what it is and it is not going to change because they don't have time to do as you wish. Your only choices are to suck it up or go play some other game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You're butthurt they nerfed the build that let people get like 3000% aura effect and completely break the game? Cry me a fucking river.
Nerfing it mid league was perhaps excessive. Nerfing it at all was a foregone conclusion. GGG allows some pretty op build, but I think they've been fairly commited to nerfing everything that completely trivializes endgame content.

Also SSF is pain. I am at maps, don't even have 5 link, not even 4k hp :(. Used up all my vaal frags and got 2 six link bows, but bows are useless to me. Probably going to be the first time I have issues in white maps.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Nerfing it mid league was perhaps excessive. Nerfing it at all was a foregone conclusion. GGG allows some pretty op build, but I think they've been fairly commited to nerfing everything that completely trivializes endgame content.

Also SSF is pain. I am at maps, don't even have 5 link, not even 4k hp :(. Used up all my vaal frags and got 2 six link bows, but bows are useless to me. Probably going to be the first time I have issues in white maps.

The Grove gave me the 5-l recipe fairly regularly. Do you not highlight 5-links on your filter? I found multiple on my way to maps. You can always just sit in white maps until you find more gear, but a 5-link should be easy. Are you doing prophecies? Jeweller's Touch isn't too rare either, maybe you'll find one.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

The Grove gave me the 5-l recipe fairly regularly. Do you not highlight 5-links on your filter? I found multiple on my way to maps. You can always just sit in white maps until you find more gear, but a 5-link should be easy. Are you doing prophecies? Jeweller's Touch isn't too rare either, maybe you'll find one.
Good point on prophecies, I usually sell coins in trade, completely forgot to use. Found one 5L chest, but it was completely wrong colors. So far I have seen like one or two "link 4" results from grove, no 5 link (I also don't have an chest piece with 5 sockets to link...).

I think I have been running a too strict filter while leveling, but too late to do much about it now.

eklektyk

Erudite
my point was on them being butthurt coz some cuck who g
have clout in ggg came up with a fancy jewel and all around ppl told him it get abused - he used his influence to push it thru and then when whole population of poe went on and hopped on a bandwagon he got buthurt so much that he nuked even traces of items from that build

meanwhile all other op builds trivilazing gameplay exist for years and are AOK for ggg [ coz ggg devs play teh i guess ]
he even got so buthurt that cluster jewels - whole fucking point of entire legue - got mangled and nuked into oblivion - good luck rolling them now ... its pointles unless ypure one of those ppl runing 6mans and earning mirrors dayly no way you get enough currency to roll them with curent pathetic weightings [ that not saying that they baerly are worth to puting in tree now even if you manage to get those]

i always get iritated by double standards - thats all we are teling one thing and doing the oter always rillies me up so thats my weaknes i guess [ thats why i stopped playing warframe - those devs went off the deep end there ... ]

Jaedar few hours of farming quarry for seeds will give you a good base with 6 sockets and enough seeds linking for 5l craft to show - bonus are seeds to color it the way you want it [ i guess if youre lucky 2 hrs tops ]
its a very easy way to gear up before kitava/maps

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got twice 5l seeds during leveling when I didn't have 5 or 6 slots on any of my items.. now I got 6s axe and 6s armor and no 5l seeds have shown up for a while :(
So I am also doing white maps on a 4L but since 2h and warcries and crafting is so OP it is not a huge problem atm. I self crafted my axe, it does 350 to 550 base damage and that carries me through maps along with 3 damage warcries.

Damned Registrations

This league is ludicrously generous. Aside from how powerful all the crafts are for making gear, the garden is also an amazing way to effectively add pack size to a juiced map, and lets you alch/chaos all your maps (or cluster jewels or whatever else) for next to nothing. My only gripes are the layout being dumb and the stupid delayed corpse explosions.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let me share the Atlas guide one of my guild mates gave us. It is pretty awesome so needs to be shared:
This is basically the strategy laid out in this guide, but that thread is so wordy that I found it hard to follow, even though it's all correct.

Here's what I'm doing:

• 1. Do white maps aimlessly to get a few completions for the bonus and a decent white map pool. During this stage you don't care about which ones you're completing; having white map completions won't cause you problems later, because we're going to be using watchstones to prevent bad maps from cluttering up the drop pool.
  • 2. Once you have enough white maps that you have several from the same corner region, grab those maps and do them one after another. This should spawn your first Conqueror. Run it and get your first Watchstone. Socket this Watchstone in one of the interior regions. It doesn't really matter which one, as long as you have a couple of map completions for that region so the maps there can drop.
  • 3. Do the same for each of the other three corners, fighting the second through fourth Conquerors. Bank their Watchstones, don't socket them in a region. During this time, you should be getting a few drops of maps in the region where you have one Watchstone. You'll use these next.
  • 4. Socket two of your banked Watchstones in a different interior region.
  • 5. Run maps from the region that has one Watchstone, to spawn your fifth through eighth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during steps 2-3). During this time, you should be getting map drops for the region where you have two Watchstones socketed, but not anywhere else (because nowhere else has enough Watchstones socketed to drop maps of that tier).
  • 6. Now that you're done with the first interior region, unsocket its Watchstone, so that it no longer competes on the drop table. Socket three of your banked Watchstones into the third interior region (one where you haven't done any Conquerors yet).
  • 7. Run maps from the region that has two Watchstones, to spawn your ninth through twelfth Conquerors (you should already have these maps because they were dropping during step 5). While you're doing this, you should get map drops from the region with three Watchstones socketed.
  • 8. Unsocket the two Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four of your banked Watchstones into the last interior region where you haven't fought the Conquerors.
  • 9. Run maps from the region with three Watchstones, spawning your thirteenth through sixteenth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the last interior region.
  • 10. Unsocket the three Watchstones from the region you just finished, and socket four Watchstones into any corner region.
  • 11. Run the maps from the final interior region, spawning your seventeenth through twentieth Conquerors, and getting map drops for the corner region you just socketed.
  • 12. You now have 20 Watchstones, meeting the requirements to fight Sirus for the first time. Do the Awakener fight. After this point, Conqueror spawns are no longer guaranteed in eligible regions, so it'll take longer to spawn the remaining ones.
  • 13. Unsocket the four Watchstones from the final interior region, and socket them into a second corner region.
  • 14+. Run maps in a corner region. When you finish a corner region (have fought all four Conquerors there), unsocket its Watchstones and move them to a different corner region which you haven't finished yet. Repeat until you've done all four corners. Then socket all your Watchstones everywhere (for max Awakener level), or in regions where you like the maps (less Awakener level but don't have to run maps you don't like), and farm at will.

...aaaaand now I'm almost as wordy as the guide I started from.

The point of this whole rigmarole is that at any time after your first four Conqueror fights, the only valid drop options for maps at or slightly higher than the tier you're running are the region you're currently running, or the region you'll be running next, since everywhere else on the Atlas is nothing but white maps because you don't have any Watchstones socketed there. This makes it way more likely that you'll get the map drops you need (or you're about to need) as you go along, instead of having to buy maps to do progression.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rush Tier 3 Maps.
Get one T3 map done in one of the four corners, then do NOT complete any other Tier 3 outside of that corner, in order to ensure you only drop maps from that corner.
Kill the Conqueror in that corner.
Socket your watchstone into one of the central regions, let's say Region A.
Kill one conqueror in each of the other 3 corners. Socket 2 stones into another central region, Region B.
Ignore corner regions forever.
Spam maps in Region A until you kill all 4 conquerors in that region.
Socket 3 stones into Central Region C.
Spam maps in Region B until you kill all 4 conquerors in that region.
Socket 4 stones into Central Region D.
Spam maps in Region C until you kill all 4 conquerors.
Spam maps in Region D until you kill all 4 conquerors.
You now have 20 stones and Awakener is available.
tl;dr 1 conq from each corner, then kill all 4 conqs in each central region in order.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Good point on prophecies, I usually sell coins in trade, completely forgot to use. Found one 5L chest, but it was completely wrong colors. So far I have seen like one or two "link 4" results from grove, no 5 link (I also don't have an chest piece with 5 sockets to link...).

I think I have been running a too strict filter while leveling, but too late to do much about it now.

You can try your luck with "Has at least One Red/Green/Blue Socket" at the crafting bench. Costs only 4 Chromes per try. I've had a lot of good results trying to get off-colour combos.

BTW I am at AL5 already and am still on a 5-L, just for comparison. I did find 2 Tabulas, but I don't want to trade the survivability away. It takes 4 minutes to kill a Conqueror, but that's SSF life for you.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom