Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Starfield still going to use Gamebryo, right? Can't wait for them space vistas in glorious 2002-era Morrowind graphics.
They've used Skyrim profits to hire a bunch of engineers to work on the engine.

I'm optimistic it'll look pretty good.
People are asking for a source.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58788/bethesda-hiring-spree-probably-elder-scrolls-6/index.html

Nine out of the twenty listings are for the Programming division, hinting the studio is aiming at shoring up its core infrastructure.

grimace

Arcane
Surprise Bethesda Softworks Digital Showcase on July 11th?

Insider here

Pete Hines used very specific wording in his "No showcase in June" tweet to leave open the possibility for a future showcase as, at that time, higher ups havent decided yet if they truly were going to put together a digital showcase or not this year

Apparently the plan was to actually not have one at all and to just drop one announcement after another, with no mention of Starfield, until Zenimax stepped in and put pressure on Bethesda to actually throw together a showcase

Everyone is scrambling now and rushing to get this showcase together

Lots of overtime and extra pay for in office work

This is the current plan right now although some things may get taken out or added in. Additional note is the recent Starfield website "glitch" wasn't a glitch. Starfield is complete and going through content overhaul and extra world building, similar to the Cyberpunk delay. Starfield is set for 2021 so please be patient. You will be surprised, although the game may not be for everyone. There will also be online social components and a mobile Starfield app for use alongside playing the main game. Todd didn't want it but Zenimax did.

There you go. Believe it or don't. I just wanted to drop this information so I could follow up with it by saying employees right now within Bethesda are being treated like shit over this sudden change in showcase plans and we are stressing. It is clear higher ups are not happy about being forced into throwing a showcase together last minute. I don't blame them. I just hope you all like what you see. We could use the good vibes here

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...prise_bethesda_softworks_digital_showcase_on/

Time will tell... But wait, an announcement on a Saturday?

zapotec

Liturgist
Leaked image
NiRrG6s.jpg

purupuru

Learned
There's that G gauge on the UI so I guess there would be a sizable amount of floating around in low gravity environment. Animation is probably gonna be quite janky knowing Bethesda, though it would be fun if we could get acrobatics back.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Could it be? More hardcore low-gravity space gameplay than Prey as Fallout 4 was allowed to have more hardcore hardcore mode than Prey's?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Dissastified Bethesda employee because Microsoft purchase?

I can imagine why Hines and Futter is butthurt because of that.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
What does Mike Futter have to do with anything? Is he a marketing guy for Bethesda?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom