Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pledged.
Please don't be another damned Clive quest if we get to design one.
Speaking of which, there was a thread to design a quest for the Pathfinder 2 kickstarter; which quest was chosen?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dear RPG lovers, developers, influencers, video game news providers and close friends,

The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter fundraising campaign has now raised nearly £ 35,000 and it will end in about a week!! Therefore, there is still some time left to Spread the Word Even Further or to Join the Campaign. I'm counting on you to let your friends, viewerships and readerships know about the campaign, so that we can have a Meteoric End of the Campaign!! :D Thank you!!

Here is the link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs. The first KotC 2 adventure module, Augury of Chaos, and the KotC 2 module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends.

Knights of the Chalice 2 is a party-based epic computer role-playing game with turn-based combat and 2D hand-drawn graphics for Windows and Mac OS. KotC 2 is inspired by Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Temple of Elemental Evil and Planescape: Torment.

Just like the first game, KotC 2 is based on the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5.

The Kickstarter campaign will support the creation of at least three new KotC 2 adventure modules: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil. The campaign will also be used to improve the game's graphics, add new high-resolution sprites and implement many new and exciting features.

In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons! Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull-rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword! See them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women, as your valiant party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 21!

Following the Kickstarter, the game is planned to be released on the developer's website, http://www.heroicfantasygames.com, and on Steam / GOG after a relatively short period of time dedicated to the improvement of the game.

Thank you so much everyone for supporting this project that I am so passionate about!! :)

KotC 2 Features:
  • Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the RPG Dark Sun Shattered Lands made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Disarm, Sunder, Feint, Bull Rush, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and other tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments. Click here for more information about the Classes, Feats and other topics.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and armour and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learned by a character.
Cheers! Best regards everyone! ^^

Pierre Begue (enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com)
KotC 2 Features KotC 2 Screenshots Kickstarter Page KS FAQ Instagram
HeroicFantasyGames.Com KotC 1 Features KotC 1 Screenshots
Facebook Page Twitter Profile Youtube Channel Discord Server
Get the Free Demo of KotC 1 Here or on the Steam Page

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

also:
HeroicFantasyGames.com:
Combat video number 3 coming soon! And I think we've reached the fourth stretch goal, so I think I will do a combined update.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2871942

Update #24: Third KotC 2 Combat Video And We've Reached The Fourth Stretch Goal! Thank You!

Brave Heroes of the Land, Together We've Now Reached the Fourth KotC 2 Stretch Goal!! Hurray! ^^

4cf2a55cd0b5aed797f07ec1005e4817_original.png

The campaign's Fifth Stretch Goal beckons! Are we going to reach it?? We'll find out soon enough!

Third Knights of the Chalice 2 Combat Video
I have just uploaded the seventh video in support of the Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2. The new video is the Third Combat Video of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos as part of a series of five Combat Videos. The link on Youtube is https://youtu.be/1Ay0FC7b5io. Feel free to post comments here or on the Youtube page.

Social Goals Report And Links
Today we've not only reached the campaign's Fourth Stretch Goal, we've also reached the Fifth Social Goal! This means that there will be an option for the display of spell icons during level-up! A pretty cool feature indeed! I enjoyed it in Dark Sun Shattered Lands.

We're very close to the Next Social Goals for the Facebook Likes and Shares, the Instagram Followers and the Number of Backers. Let's Keep It Up, Mighty Warriors and Legendary Bards! ^^

d71fce62df2d900604a50e64ce4c0b77_original.png

All of the following links can be used to help us reach the Next Social Goals and Further Increase Awareness of the Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter campaign among CRPG lovers:

Please feel free to download the promo pack for KotC 2 if you would like to promote the campaign with images, text or animated GIFs.

You can also join our mailing list by registering on the HeroicFantasyGames.com forums or join us on Discord by following the Discord Invite Link. :)

Next Knights of the Chalice 2 Video
The next video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign will be published on 26 June. It will be the Fourth KotC 2 Combat Video!

The next non-video update about KotC 2 will be published on 24 June. It will present the Summoner Character Class!

Only 9 Days To Go: Please Keep Spreading the Word! ^^
The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter will end in just 9 Days, So Please Keep Spreading the Word!!

Incline is Close at Hand, Worthy Friends! Thank You, Legendary Heroes of the Realm!! ^^

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
How are you fellas faring with the puzzles? These last ones are giving me a headache

Yeah the last sudoku puzzle makes no sense (after you solve it), still haven't figured out the trick there or what the big V is for. Same with the previous sodoku with the random word at the bottom ( even after translating it )

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I imagine the Greek word for 'same' is a way of letting us know that, like the second puzzle, the result is a word. But yeah, I can't make head or tails with that last sudoku, and the lower line on the 12th is giving me some trouble as well.

Edit: Nevermind, solved that last one and with it another suspicion I had about the puzzles.

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Just wanted to ack BlueSalamander for coming around on the things that will see him get some deserved recognition and support for his work... crowd funding, Steam, GoG, etc. I hope KoTC2 opens new opportunities for you.

Replicante

Educated
Really excited for this game. Although it has already been mentioned, I'd like to bring attention to the issue of party recognition. From the material I've seen it seems it can be difficult at times to recognize members of your party. Of course, when I get my hands on the game I may realize this is not an issue. I reckon coloured borders for your party members would fix the issue quite easily.

This is just for the sake of discussion, of course. It's probably too early to judge.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2874143

Update #25: A Closer Look at the Summoner Character Class!

The Summoner Character Class in KotC 2
260b8f96c86e85a014de132c7490c61f_original.png

Summoners are mages dedicated to the study of Summoning and Banishment magic. They have the extraordinary ability to summon forth monstrous allies that will serve the party permanently, just like traditional party members.

D6 Hit Die. No armour or shield proficiency. Starts with simple-weapons proficiency only. Summoners can be of any alignment. Class Skills [Arcana] and [Banishment].

Mass Summoning: Summoners get the feat Mass Summoning for free at level 1. During combat, you can bring forth and control up to two summoned creatures simultaneously.

Improved Banishment: The Armour Class and Saving Throw bonus provided by the spells Protection from Alignment, Mass Protection from Alignment, Greater Protection from Alignment and Mass Greater Protection from Alignment increases by two points. The Difficulty Class of the spells Dispel Magic, Greater Dispel Magic, Dismissal, Banishment and Greater Banishment increases by two points.

Spells: The leading ability for Summoner spells is Charisma. A Summoner can activate Arcane Spell Scrolls of any spell in the lists of the Rogue, Wizard and Summoner. When a Summoner wears armour or uses a shield, he suffers from a chance to fail the casting of spells with a somatic component.

Spell picks at level 1: 3 + Charisma modifier. Spell picks at all other levels: 2. A Summoner can cast somatic spells while holding a light shield, but not a heavy shield or tower shield. Summoners can also cast somatic spells while wielding a two-handed weapon or several weapons at the same time, because switching a weapon from one hand to the other is a free action.
Level 1 Summoner Spells (11 spells)
Summon Orc Barbarian (CR 1, move action. With this spell, you summon an Orc Barbarian to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 1x1 square. For every caster level beyond 1, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die.)

Permanent Summon Elemental Warrior (Select Earth, Fire, Water or Air. Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 200.)

Summon Elemental (Conjuration. Select Earth, Fire, Water or Air. An elemental of that type and of caster-level Hit Dice is summoned for 4 rounds + 1 per two levels, or until dismissed. Casting time Standard action. Space 1x1 square.)

Summon Skeleton (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Skeleton (CR 1) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 1x1 square. For every caster level beyond 1, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Casting time Move action.)

Cure Light Wounds (Conjuration. Touch spell cures 1D8 +1 per level up to 5. Hurts Undead creatures. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Protection From Alignment (Enchantment. Duration Until End of Combat, Touch spell. Select Evil, Good, Chaotic, Lawful or Neutral. The recipient gains a +2 aligned bonus to Armour Class & Saving Throws versus enemies of that alignment, and immunity to mind control from all enemies. Does not stack with other Protection from Alignment spells.)

Blur (Enchantment. Personal spell, Duration Until Rest. Your figure becomes blurred, giving you 20% concealment. This effect is negated by the True Seeing condition.)

Mage Armour (Conjuration, Duration Until Rest, Personal, an invisible barrier appears around you, giving a +4 armour bonus to Armour Class. Unlike a normal armour bonus, the bonus from Mage Armour applies versus incorporeal attacks. At level 6, the armour bonus increases to +5. At level 11, the armour bonus increases to +6.)

Magic Missile (Evocation. This spell deals 1d4+1 points of force damage to a target in medium range. No save. You get one missile at level 1, two from level 3, three from level 5, four from level 7 and five from level 9.)

Enlarge (Alteration. Close range. For 10 rounds, the recipient gains +2 to Strength, -2 to Dexterity (to a minimum of one point), -1 to attack rolls, -1 to AC, and the size category increases by one. The recipient deals damage as a creature one size category larger. There is no change in the reach or space used by the creature.)

Colour Spray (Enchantment. 15' cone. Willpower negates. A pattern of vivid colours springs forth from your hands. Blinded creatures and monsters with Blindsight are immune. Each target who fails the save randomly receives one of the following effects: 20%: blinded for 1d6 rounds, 20%: berserk for 1d5 rounds, 20%: dazed for 1d4 rounds, 20%: stunned for 1d3 rounds, 20%: held for 1d2 rounds.)

Level 2 Summoner Spells (10 spells)
Summon Gelatinous Cube (CR 3, move action. Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Gelatinous Cube to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 square. For every caster level beyond 3, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die.)

Permanent Summon Slime (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 500.)

Summon Slime (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Slime (CR 2) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 1x1 square. For every caster level beyond 3, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Casting time Move action.)

Protection from Energy (Alteration. Touch spell. Select an energy type: Fire, Cold, Acid, Electricity or Sonic. The recipient gains resistance 15 to damage of that type, up to 10 x Level absorbed points of damage. Duration Until End of Combat. Energy resistance equal to a number of points is also called Energy Damage Reduction.)

Enhance Ability (Alteration. For 10 rounds, the target gains a +4 enhancement bonus to either Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence or Charisma. From Caster Level 9, the bonus increases to +6. From Caster Level 15, the bonus increases to +8.)

Invisibility (Enchantment. Duration Until End of Combat. Touch spell. The recipient becomes invisible until he attacks or casts an offensive spell. This effect is negated by the True Seeing and Glitterdust conditions.)

Mirror Image (Enchantment. Personal, Duration Until Rest. The spell creates a number of illusory duplicates of the caster. Whenever you are struck by a successful melee hit, ranged hit, touch spell or ranged touch spell, a random roll is used to determine whether the target is real or illusory (Blinded creatures and monsters with blindsight always strike the real target. If you are invisible, enemies automatically hit the real target). When an illusory duplicate is hit, it disappears. The number of duplicates is 1d4 + 1 per three caster levels, up to a total of eight images. Area of effect spells do not destroy duplicates.)

Acid Splash (Evocation, Medium Range. 10' radius circle, everyone in the area of effect takes 1d8 points of acid damage per two caster levels rounded up, up to 5d8. Reflex half.)

Scorching Ray (Evocation. Ranged touch attack deals 4D6 points of fire damage to a target in medium range. No save. Two rays can be cast from level 7 and three rays from level 11.)

Burning Hands (Evocation, 15' radius cone deals 1d4 points of fire damage per level up to 10d4. Reflex half. Creatures standing amidst a burning Web take 2d4 points of extra damage. Creatures standing on a greased area take 1d4 points of extra damage. The entire grease and web effects are destroyed when a fire effect is applied onto one of the grease or web squares.)

Level 3 Summoner Spells (9 spells)
Summon Troll (CR 5, move action. With this spell, you summon a Troll to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 square. For every caster level beyond 5, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 25.)

Permanent Summon Half-Ogre Champion (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 900.)

Summon Gargoyle (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Gargoyle (CR 4) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 1x1 square. For every caster level beyond 5, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Casting time Move action.)

Cure Moderate Wounds (Conjuration. Touch spell cures 2D8 +1 per level up to 10. Hurts Undead creatures. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Mass Protection from Alignment (Enchantment. Duration Until End of Combat. Select Evil, Good, Chaotic, Lawful or Neutral. All allies in a 10' radius circle gain a +2 aligned bonus to Armour Class & Saving Throws versus enemies of that alignment, and immunity to mind control from all enemies. Does not stack with other Protection from Alignment spells.)

Dispel Magic (Alteration. Select Single Effect, Effects on Creature or Effects on Area: Single Effect: Choose a single creature, then choose an ongoing magical or psionic effect on that creature. It is dispelled if you succeed on a check of 1d20 + level (up to 10) + Spell Focus bonuses versus DC of 11 + level of the mage who created the effect. If the effect is 'summoned', the creature is unsummoned. Effects on Creature: Choose a single creature. You make a check for each ongoing effect on the creature (but not effects from items). A successful check dispels that effect. Dispel Area: Select a 20' circle area. For each area effect in the circle, you make a dispel check and for each creature in the circle, you make a dispel check against the ongoing effect of highest caster level. A successful check dispels that effect.)

Flame Arrow (Conjuration. Ranged touch. Long Range. Reflex half. No spell resistance. The spell creates an enchanted flame arrow which darts towards a single target. The arrow deals 1d6 + 1 points of fire damage per caster level up to 10d6 + 10.)

Heroism (Enchantment. Touch spell. Duration Until End of Combat. This spell makes a single living ally behave bravely in battle. The target gains a morale bonus of +2 affecting Willpower saving throws and attack rolls.)

Glitterdust (Conjuration. Medium range. 10' radius circle, for 1 round per level (up to 10 rounds), creatures in the area of effect gain the glitterdust condition, which negates invisibility, including that of Invisible Stalkers. Creatures are also blinded for the same duration if they fail on a Willpower saving throw. No spell resistance.)

Level 4 Summoner Spells (9 spells)
Summon Giant Frog (CR 6, move action. Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Giant Frog to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 7, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 70.)

Permanent Summon Green Hag Wizard (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 1400.)

Summon Large Elemental (Conjuration. Select earth, fire, water or air. A large elemental of that type is summoned for 4 rounds + 1 per two levels, or until dismissed. Casting time Standard action. Space 2x2 square. For every caster level beyond 7, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die.)

Summon Babau (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Babau (CR 6) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 1x1 square. For every caster level beyond 7, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 50. Casting time Move action.)

Cure Serious Wounds (Conjuration. Touch spell cures 3D8 +1 per level up to 15. Hurts Undead creatures. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Mass Protection from Energy (Alteration. 10' radius circle. Select an energy type: Fire, Cold, Acid, Electricity or Sonic. All allies in the area gain resistance 15 to damage of that type, up to 1 round per level and up to 10 x Level absorbed points of damage.)

Dismissal (Alteration. Close Range. With this spell, a single outsider, elemental, extra-planar or summoned creature is forced back to its proper plane if it fails on a special Will save. The Difficulty Class is equal to: spell's save DC – creature's HD + your caster level.)

Mass Enlarge (Alteration, 15' radius circle, close range, 10 rounds. Each recipient gains +2 to Strength, -2 to Dexterity (minimum 1), -1 to attack rolls, -1 to AC, and the size category increases by one, increasing the damage output. No change in the reach or space used by the creature.)

Fireball (Evocation. 20' radius circle. Long Range. Reflex half. The spell creates an explosion of flame which deals 1d6 points of fire damage to all creatures in the area of effect, up to 10d6. Creatures standing amidst a burning Web take 2d4 points of extra damage. Creatures standing on a greased area take 1d4 points of extra damage. The entire grease and web effects are destroyed when a fire effect is applied onto one of the grease or web squares.)

Level 5 Summoner Spells (9 spells)
Summon Large Dragon (CR 8, move action. With this spell, you summon a Red Dragon to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 9, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 175.)

Permanent Summon Babau Warrior (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 2000.)

Summon Ettin (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Ettin (CR 7) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 9, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 100. Casting time Move action.)

Cure Critical Wounds (Conjuration. Touch spell cures 4D8 +1 per level. Hurts Undead creatures. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Greater Protection from Alignment (Enchantment. Duration Until End of Combat, Touch spell. Select Evil, Good, Chaotic, Lawful or Neutral. The recipient gains a +4 aligned bonus to Armour Class & Saving Throws versus enemies of that alignment, and immunity to mind control from all enemies. Does not stack with other Protection from Alignment spells.)

Subversion (Enchantment. Casting time Full-round action. Using this spell, the caster takes control of a single outsider, elemental, extra-planar or summoned creature. The creature immediately attacks the caster's enemies. It may use spells and attack without penalty. The subject stays dominated even after the caster's death. Duration eight rounds. Medium Range. Willpower negates.)

Blast of Force (Evocation. Ranged touch. Medium Range. The spell deals 1d6 per two levels points of force damage to a single target, up to 10d6 (No save). Moreover, the target is knocked prone if it fails on a Fortitude saving throw.)

Interposing Hand (Conjuration. No save. Select a creature in medium range. A large magic hand appears over the target. The target takes a -4 penalty to all attack rolls. Duration 1 round per two levels.)

Stoneskin Touch (Conjuration. Touch. Duration 1 round per level. This spell creates a thin protective layer around the subject's skin. The recipient gains Damage Reduction 10 / adamantine and magic. The spell cannot stop more than 10 points of damage per caster level.)

Level 6 Summoner Spells (9 spells)
Summon Noble Salamander (CR 10, move action. Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Salamander to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 11, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 250.)

Permanent Summon Chain Devil Death Knight (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 2700.)

Summon Vrock (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Vrock (CR 9) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 11, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 200. Casting time Move action.)

Mass Cure Light Wounds (Conjuration. 10' circle spell, living allies are cured for 1D8 + 1 per level, while Undead enemies take an equal amount of damage. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Greater Mass Protection from Alignment (Enchantment. Duration Until End of Combat. Select Evil, Good, Chaotic, Lawful or Neutral. All allies in a 10' radius circle gain a +4 aligned bonus to Armour Class & Saving Throws versus enemies of that alignment, and immunity to mind control from all enemies. Does not stack with other Protection from Alignment spells.)

Greater Protection from Energy (Alteration. Touch spell. Select an energy type: fire, cold, acid, electricity or sonic. The recipient gains resistance 30 to damage of that type, up to 20 x Level absorbed points of damage. Duration Until End of Combat.)

Mass Enhance Ability (Alteration. For 10 rounds, all allies in a 10' circle gain a +6 enhancement bonus to either Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence or Charisma. From Caster Level 15, the bonus increases to +8.)

Banishment (Alteration. 15' radius circle. All outsider, elemental, extra-planar or summoned creatures in the area of effect are forced back to their proper planes if they fail on a special Willpower save of DC: spell's save DC – creature's HD + caster level. On a successful save they still take 3d6 points of damage.)

Cone of Cold (Evocation. 60' radius cone. Reflex half. Creatures standing within the area of effect take 1d6 points of cold damage per caster level, up to 15d6. Creatures who failed their save are slowed for one round.)

Level 7 Summoner Spells (9 spells)
Summon Huge Dragon (CR 12, move action. Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Blue Dragon to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 3x3 squares. For every caster level beyond 13, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 350, XP cost 75.)

Permanent Summon Stone Golem Warrior (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 3500.)

Summon Huge Elemental (Conjuration. Select earth, fire, water or air. A huge elemental of that type is summoned for 4 rounds + 1 per two levels, or until dismissed. Casting time Standard action. Space 3x3 square. For every caster level beyond 13, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die.)

Summon Stone Golem (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Stone Golem (CR 11) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 13, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 300, XP cost 50. Move action.)

Mass Cure Moderate Wounds (Conjuration. 10' circle spell, living allies are cured for 2D8 + 1 per level, while Undead enemies take an equal amount of damage. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Heal (Conjuration. Touch spell heals 10 Hit Points per caster level up to 150. It also removes all ability damage (but not ability drain) and many conditions, including Blinded, Confused, Nauseated, Stunned. Undead creatures are damaged by the spell, instead.)

Forcecage (Conjuration. Close range. 10 rounds. The spell creates bars of force around a single creature of size large, medium or small, effectively paralysing it. It cannot move or attack. The creature can activate psionics and cast stilled spells. It is not helpless and retains its Dexterity score. As a full-round action, it can attempt to break free by succeeding on a Strength check of DC 22. The cage can be removed with the spells Freedom, Dispel Magic and Greater Dispel. Reflex negates. No Spell Resistance.)

Freezing Sphere (Evocation. 10' radius circle. Long Range. Reflex half. This spell creates an explosion of cold energy. Creatures in the area of effect take 1d6 points of cold damage per caster level up to 15d6. Although they're not particularly vulnerable to cold damage, Water Elementals instead take 1d8 points of damage per level, up to 15d8.)

Chain Lightning (Evocation. Long Range. This spell affects a number of targets equal to one per two levels. It is possible to target fewer creatures. The same target cannot be selected two times. The first target takes 1d6+1 per level points of electricity damage. All other targets take 50% of the damage. All creatures get a Reflex save for half damage.)

Level 8 Summoner Spells (8 spells)
Summon Horned Devil (CR 15, move action. Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Horned Devil to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 3x3 squares. For every caster level beyond 15, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 450, XP cost 150.)

Permanent Summon Snakeman Gladiator (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 4400.)

Summon Iron Golem (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon an Iron Golem (CR 13) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 15, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 400, XP cost 100. Move action.)

Mass Cure Serious Wounds (Conjuration. 10' circle spell, living allies are cured for 3D8 + 1 per level, while Undead enemies take an equal amount of damage. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Mass Greater Protection from Energy (Alteration. 10' radius circle. Select an energy type: fire, cold, acid, electricity or sonic. All allies in the area gain resistance 30 to damage of that type, up to 1 round per level and up to 20 x Level absorbed points of damage.)

Greater Banishment (Alteration. 20' radius circle. All outsider, elemental, extra-planar or summoned creatures in the area of effect are forced back to their proper planes if they fail on a special Willpower save of DC = spell's save DC – creature's HD + caster level. On a successful save they still take 10d6 points of damage.)

Accelerated Spell and Power (Alteration. Casting time Free action. For four rounds, every standard-action spell cast (or power activated) by the character now requires only a move action. A full-round-action spell now requires a standard action. A move-action spell now requires a free action. You cannot cast more than one free-action spell in a round. If you cast a second free-action spell, it requires a move action instead.)

Vortex of Doom (Conjuration. 15' circle spell. A swirling vortex appears and deals 1d4 per level points of bludgeoning damage to all creatures in the area (No save). Targets who fail on a reflex save are knocked prone. The spell automatically disperses any magical Cloud and Fog effect it comes into contact with, including Acid Fog and Solid Fog. Natural fogs cannot be dispersed. Creatures balancing on Grease squares automatically fail on their Reflex saving throw and the bludgeoning damage they receive is increased by 1d4 points.)

Level 9 Summoner Spells (8 spells)
Summon Gargantuan Dragon (CR 18, move action. Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Green Dragon to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 4x4 squares. For every caster level beyond 17, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 700, XP cost 250.)

Permanent Summon Tentacled Horror (Out-of-combat Permanent Summon spell. All permanent summons occupy a single square. XP cost 5400.)

Summon Gargantuan Elemental (Conjuration. Select earth, fire, water or air. A huge elemental of that type is summoned for 4 rounds + 1 per two levels, or until dismissed. Casting time Standard action. Space 4x4 square. For every caster level beyond 17, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die.)

Summon Marilith (Conjuration. With this spell, you summon a Marilith (CR 17) to help in combat. Duration 7 rounds, or until dismissed. Space 2x2 squares. For every caster level beyond 17, the summoned creature will gain one additional Hit Die. Gold cost 500, XP cost 200. Move action.)

Mass Cure Serious Wounds (Conjuration. 10' circle spell, living allies are cured for 3D8 + 1 per level, while Undead enemies take an equal amount of damage. Removes the Bleeding and Dying conditions.)

Freedom (Alteration. Long Range. With this spell, you can remove from up to three allied targets the following conditions: Forcecage, Swallowed Whole, Grappling, Pinned, Petrified, Dominated, Controlled, Mazed, Stuck, Paralysed, Held, Halted, Dancing, Dazed, Hideous Laughter, Sleeping, Fascinated, Command, Cowering, Decerebrated, Encased, Quicksand, Slowed and Stunned.)

Mass Forcecage (Conjuration. Medium range. 10' radius. 10 rounds. The spell creates bars of force around creatures of size large, medium or small, effectively paralysing them. They cannot move or attack. The creatures can activate psionics and cast stilled spells. They are not helpless and they retain their Dexterity scores. As a full-round action, they can attempt to break free by succeeding on a Strength check of DC 22. The cage can be removed with the spells Freedom, Dispel Magic and Greater Dispel Magic. Reflex negates. No Spell Resistance.)

Prismatic Void (Evocation. Long Range. 30' radius. You create a short-lived multicoloured phenomenon. All creatures in the area of effect are blinded for one round (no save). Further, each creature receives a random effect. The exact effect depends on the result of 1d8:

• Red beam: Deals 100 points of fire damage (Reflex half).
  • Orange beam: Deals 120 points of acid damage (Reflex half).
  • Yellow beam: Deals 140 points of electricity damage (Reflex half).
  • Green beam: Deals 200 points of acid damage (Fortitude half).
  • Blue beam: The creature is turned to stone (Fortitude negates).
  • Indigo beam: The creature gains the berserk condition permanently (Willpower negates).
  • Violet beam: Deals 10,000 points of damage from dematerialisation (Willpower negates).
  • Twin beams: The creature is struck by two rays randomly selected from the other seven effects.)
Summoner Feats
Improved Mass Summoning: During combat, you can bring forth and control up to three summoned creatures simultaneously. Requires Level 7 Summoner.

Superior Mass Summoning: During combat, you can bring forth and control up to four summoned creatures simultaneously. Requires Level 14 Summoner, Improved Mass Summoning.

Battle Summoning: Summoned creatures gain a +1 bonus to Attack Rolls, Armour Class and Saving Throws. Requires Augment Summoning.

Greater Battle Summoning: Summoned creatures gain another +1 bonus to Attack Rolls, Armour Class and Saving Throws, as well as a Hit Point bonus of one point per level. Requires Battle Summoning.

Improved Reach Summoning: All your summon spells are now long-range spells.

Improved Reach Healing: You cast all Cure and Heal spells as Close-Range spells, rather than Touch spells. Your Mass Cure spells are also improved from Close Range to Medium Range.

Armoured Casting: You avoid the spell failure chance when casting spells with a somatic component while wearing armour of a category that you are proficient with. Requires Light Armour Proficiency.

Spell Focus: The Difficulty Class of all Summoner spells with a saving throw increases by 1.

Greater Spell Focus:The Difficulty Class of all Summoner spells with a saving throw increases by another 1. Requires Spell Focus.

Social Goals Report And Links
Today we've reached the Sixth Social Goal! Thank You!! This means that there will be an option allowing players to replace the display of monster Hit Points with the monster injury status, such as 'Lightly Injured' or 'Critically Injured'.

We're very close to the Next Social Goals for the Facebook Likes and Shares and the Number of Backers. Let's Keep It Up, Loyal Knights and Sorcerers! ^^

4ba1df23fa091196395803e1d9a48cee_original.png

All of the following links can be used to help us reach the Next Social Goals and Further Increase Awareness of the Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter campaign among CRPG lovers:

Please feel free to download the promo pack for KotC 2 if you would like to promote the campaign with images, text or animated GIFs.

You can also join our mailing list by registering on the HeroicFantasyGames.com forums and join us on Discord by following the Discord Invite Link. :)

Cross Promotions
Today I would like to mention two games: Feudal Kingdoms and the new expansion for Fell Seal.

Feudal Kingdoms is a turn-based medieval grand strategy game which expands the limits of the genre by adding more depth to the gameplay than you have ever seen before.

Here are two images from the game's Kickstarter campaign:

f1105e32b32ee125610d792479131a07_original.png

9462bfcf45018e2436ebd46d801e42f6_original.png

The Kickstarter for Feudal Kingdoms will end in just Six Days! The link is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/feudalkingdoms/feudal-kingdoms. Support them while there is still some time! :)

Separately, 6 Eyes Studio has just released its Missions and Monsters expansion for Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. Fell Seal is a turn-based tactical RPG with a focus on storytelling and strategic battles. Unfold a mature story as you progress through hand-crafted scenarios, controlling your own group of Arbiters, with each character customizable from a wide selection of classes and abilities!

8b39d8995838dc6d741f719e76dd31ac_original.png

With the Missions and Monsters expansion, you'll be able to recruit powerful monsters from across the land of Teora, customize them with their own classes, and send them into battle alongside the rest of your forces.

a40156c629433b17a4a068534f86b4f4_original.png

You'll get to dispatch your troops on missions of their own to gather precious resources, earn special rewards, unlock new locations and classes, and, ultimately, keep the land a safer place! Face new challenges that will test your tactical mettle as you embark on larger-scale battles against the deadliest monsters the land has ever seen! Visit the game's Steam page for more information.

Next Knights of the Chalice 2 Update
The next non-video update about KotC 2 will be published on 27 June. It will focus on the New Feats that will be added to the game, including Epic Feats and Normal Feats!

The next video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign will be published on 26 June. It will be the Fourth KotC 2 Combat Video!

Only 7 Days To Go! Hang On For The Final Sprint!! ^^
The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter will end in just 7 Days, So Please Keep Spreading the Word while there is still some time left! Thank You, Valorous Knights of the Kingdom!! :)

Mortmal

Arcane
Summoner class seems vastly overpowered, high cr summons at every level the same cr as a whole group encounter . Then i see even undead are included, ending with gargantuan dragons and demons . Plus they have access to divine magic with mass cure wounds and such...

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm about to make a pledge. It's late, I'm tired, I have not used paypal in 4 years, it's empty and I don't remember the log in information.
It seems like I'd have to go through quite a lot of fucking around at this late hour to donate through The Codex Fundraiser. It doesn't help that I dislike DU and a bunch of you people.
I'll think about it, perhaps play some Diablo 2 while I do that.

EDIT: I backed it through the KS. I can always delete my pledge and do it through Codex, but I don't know if I want my money to go through KS and PayPal before it gets to Pierre.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I've been emailing with Pierre for a couple of weeks. Here's a fairly comprehensive Q&A that resulted.

Knights of the Chalice 2 Q&A with Pierre Begue of Heroic Fantasy Games
https://shaneplays.com/knights-of-the-chalice-2-qa-with-pierre-begue-of-heroic-fantasy-games/

Infinitron, feel free to repurpose or scavenge that for a Codex post if you want. Just credit if so.

This part really surprised me:
KotC 2 has a Party Formation and Composition Screen, while the party formation was fixed in KotC 1. KotC 2 also allows you to respec your characters, meaning that you can change the feats and spells that were selected when your characters last leveled-up.

curds

Magister
This part really surprised me:
KotC 2 has a Party Formation and Composition Screen, while the party formation was fixed in KotC 1. KotC 2 also allows you to respec your characters, meaning that you can change the feats and spells that were selected when your characters last leveled-up.
Hmm. Sounds kinda popamole.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
last leveled-up

It makes sense to me, especialy if it's optional. Many times I've screwed up my feats on accident or because I wasn't aware how exactly some mechanic works ( giving crafting feat to my sorcerer in ToEE for example). It's not total respecing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom