Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
If you haven't got the red mushroom then is it game over in the jail after the meeting with the Bane King? If you overwrote your only save in the jail? I did not, but this is an interesting question nevertheless.

gman42

Scholar
If you haven't got the red mushroom then is it game over in the jail after the meeting with the Bane King? If you overwrote your only save in the jail? I did not, but this is an interesting question nevertheless.

No.
You can still use the dagger of ramm to open the jail gate. (according to clue book).

It always seemed like a weird alternative solution since it basically frees you from doing an entire quest or even visiting the swamp. It's also a nice convenient way to keep Mai-Lai from leaving the game, if you're looking to later equip your party with the best possible stuff to xfer to 7...the only thing it costs you is the chance to get the Hammer+1.5 from Bork, which is the 2nd best offhand weapon in 6, but doesn't xfer anyway so who cares.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Just killed the Toll Troll at the base of the mountain in Wiz 6 and the bastard didnt drop no treasure, smh

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
"None of the party's offensive spells will be effective;
Dracula has 174 hit points, Rebecca 83; both are completely resistant to all magic"

I have managed to cast a high-level Deadly Poison and Lifesteal to kill'em successfully.
Weapons were ineffective indeed. Except wood stakes.
My party members were around Level 90-140.

gman42

Scholar
Jeez you must have done more grinding through the temple than I did when the game first came out, and I was obsessed with finding all the rare items back then.

The level vs level aspect of resistances is no joke...I remember after a while you could just hold down enter to have every character fight every round and you'd never have to worry about a spell touching you. Got super boring.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Instructions to run PC version of Llylgamyn Saga (Wizardry 1 remaster)

134425-wizardry-llylgamyn-saga-windows-screenshot-title-screen.png
134429-wizardry-llylgamyn-saga-windows-screenshot-in-a-fight.png
134426-wizardry-llylgamyn-saga-windows-screenshot-in-town-with-default.png

So lately I've been trying to obtain and run this game and finally did it. It was very hard to find everything because it's a rather obscure version which was never translated nor released outside of Japan.
Massive thanks to Sceptic for providing certain files.

Last edited:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah I think it doesn't like Win7 (and probably Win10). I'm not sure how it would fare in XP mode or various other configs but I think a VM should be foolproof.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It is, I use VMware Player with Windows XP, works perfectly:
Did you ever try it in Windows Virtual PC? I think it comes with Win7 (and 10?) by default so could be easier and cheaper to set up than VMWare. Unless... is VMWare Player a freebie and easier to setup than VMWare Workstation? that is the only one I used, and it's been quite a while.

Sceptic virtual machine?
Oh, I could use one.
Bro's been barely even active lately.
You, you can have the real thing, any time :love:
(no homo)

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Playing Wiz6 right now and I stumbled upon the worst character possible. I class changed my Bard into a Thief and forgot that he wouldn't be able to use his instruments regardless of his Music skill. I have two mages with Knock Knock, so Skullduggery is unnecessary and this guy has nothing to do except ParryDodge and hold some of my items.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Playing Wiz6 right now and I stumbled upon the worst character possible. I class changed my Bard into a Thief and forgot that he wouldn't be able to use his instruments regardless of his Music skill. I have two mages with Knock Knock, so Skullduggery is unnecessary and this guy has nothing to do except ParryDodge and hold some of my items.

The silver lining is you've just found the perfect challenge party - 6 Bards class-changed into Thiefs. Beat the game by ParryDodging and holding items.

Wizardry 6, finally killed Troll Troll and cleared the mines, working my way to whatever happens next.

However I am now using the mines as base with that healing area, to finish up the party into it's final form.

I have change my two female priests into Valkyrie's, mage, monk, bard, and ranger. I am thinking of leaving the mage, monk, and ranger alone.

However, I am thinking of moving the bard into a samurai as he doesn't do much, good idea or leave as?

Other suggestions?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Wizardry 6, finally killed Troll Troll and cleared the mines, working my way to whatever happens next.

However I am now using the mines as base with that healing area, to finish up the party into it's final form.

I have change my two female priests into Valkyrie's, mage, monk, bard, and ranger. I am thinking of leaving the mage, monk, and ranger alone.

However, I am thinking of moving the bard into a samurai as he doesn't do much, good idea or leave as?

Other suggestions?

Rejoice hero, for
the pyramid of boobs
comes next.

And yes, your bard was essential in the beginning but is less useful than a critting samurai in the endgame.

Sounds good this is gonna be my import party into the next games, so I want this to be butter good.

Yes I meant Toll Troll, just a mistake on my part.

yeah I have no idea what I am doing, as I said I got everything done in the mines. And I know there's something past Toll Troll, but it's a complicated game lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom