Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Biomutant - open world post-apocalyptic kung fu with furries

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
does the game still use that annoying british voice-over that constantly harangues you non-stop every 2 fucking seconds?

from what i saw that voice-over never shutting up makes the game completely unplayable, absolute trash and not even worth trying. if they remove the VO though then it's at least a 12/10.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It’s still in but you can customize how frequent it is. Don’t know if one can completely remove it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
damn i'm frankly surprised they listened to the comments and put in a frequency option.

man that guy just never shut the fuck up BLAH BLAH BLA BLA jeeeeeeeeeeesus KUHREIST

laclongquan

Arcane
Okay, this is entirely my personal predictions and I probabbly will fall on my face for this but here goes.

1. Theme: Furry. This will not work well commercially. It's a niche, and not even that big niche.

2. No Female Human Tits and Asses. This will fall flat, art-wise.

3. Setting reminescent of Fallout plus Skyrim. Might work, might not.

So in total, THIS. SHALL. FAIL.
And I am not even sad about it: See point 1 and 2.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Ah, animation glitching. The sign of a fine piece of Eurojank.
Combat looks pretty okay. Still can't get over the furry stuff or weird shaders though.

PrettyDeadman

Wow, thats one of the lamest bossfights I've seen on one of the lamest mechs I've seen. Weak poof poofs vs letargic monster which take huge chunks of his health. NICE. Thats an achievment.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interview: https://www.gamereactor.eu/video/461693/BioMutant+Stefan+Ljungqvist+Gamescom+2019+Interview/

https://www.gameinformer.com/gamesc...-of-the-coolest-things-i-saw-at-gamescom-2019

Biomutant

I visited Experiment 101's booth for the third consecutive Gamescom to see what the Swedish studio was up to. As it turns out, there’s a reason the team hasn’t been making headlines lately: They’re busy making the game. It’s been one of my most anticipated titles since I first saw it in 2017, and I was eager to see more of the post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable, as they call it. Rather than showing off a live demo as they have in the past, I got to watch a lengthy video that highlights just some of what players will be able to see if they spend enough time exploring the game’s world. Some of the highlights included a giant tortoise-like creature with buildings on its back, a boss battle where players pilot an octopus ship that can clamp down on the monster’s mouth and inject ink into its maw, and, my favorite, a mechanical hand vehicle. Players can ride on its hand as it creeps along like Thing from The Addam’s Family (sorry, I’m old), and it can activate a combat mode where it makes a finger-gun gesture while firing. I also caught a glimpse of the game’s six faction leaders, who each are masters of a unique weapon, such as a bo staff or nunchuks. Players choose to ally with one of the factions, and then can kill or spare the remaining ones as they work through the narrative. Be merciful, and you can even learn their abilities, seamlessly switching between them in combat. I wish I could have gotten some hands-on time with Biomutant, but I was still happy to see that it continues to look better every time I see it. Experiment 101 is a small studio of about 20 developers, and they’re currently working to ensure that it ships as bug-free and is as polished as possible. Look for it in 2020.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://embracer.com/release/embrac...ational-ebit-increased-54-to-sek-302-million/

The ambition is still to have at least two AAA games ready for release in the next financial year. This is our plan, but it would be prudent to reiterate the message that we can never be completely sure of development schedules and deadlines. The never ending question when Biomutant will be released is still owed to all fans out there. The reality is that the team is small, around 20 people, so the finalization takes longer than with a larger team. THQ Nordic will announce the release date when they are certain they will be able to release a product that can live up to expectations.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I do hope it gets finished, it looks silly enough that I at least want to try it.

I have a fear that it's gonna get canned in like a month or two though, as these things tend to go.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Also they added additional language information on Steam. Maybe preparing for pre-order or something.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

First Necromunda, now this. Looks like 2020 is the year of 2017 vaporwares' journey back to surface :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom