Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Semiurge

Cipher
More concept art we haven't seen yet.

wiKxMY4.jpg

Nothing like sipping wine in your ivory tower and watching peasant revolt getting squashed.

:love:

F5BB7C378A40436CF7ED5474A5CAB8890636A58C

Echo Mirage

Arcane
So the night city wire will be 25 minutes long and there will be more of them in the future. Or mostly likely it’s one hour long but they cut into multiple chunks to spread it out as much as possible.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Cyberpunk future.

Expectations: I want myself robotic legs so I could jump for 5m and run at 60km/h. Also, augmented eyes with zoom, infrared, ultraviolet, thermovision and all that shit. Augmented ears with infra- and ultrasound, and perfect pitch.

Reality: I'm a girl and I want myself a huge schlong with three balls.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Expectations: I want myself robotic legs so I could jump for 5m and run at 60km/h. Also, augmented eyes with zoom, infrared, ultraviolet, thermovision and all that shit. Augmented ears with infra- and ultrasound, and perfect pitch.

Reality: I'm a girl and I want myself a huge schlong with three balls
When Cyberpunk 2077 is delivering both, then why the hell not?

jf8350143

Liturgist
It's not like you have to make a dick girl character.

If it bothers you so much just play as the default generic boring ass male protagonist.

At least with after the features they cut, now they finally did have something different. Since when does more options means bad in RPGs?

Yosharian

Arcane

If it bothers you so much just play as the default generic boring ass male protagonist.

At least with after the features they cut, now they finally did have something different. Since when does more options means bad in RPGs?
Because someone had to code that shit in instead of bug-fixing features that actually matter

Harthwain

Magister
Why are people shocked that in world where degeneracy took over you can make dickgirl ?
It's not that hard to imagine why. Do people know much anything about Cyberpunk? Also, it does coincide with LGBT being a prominent topic.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You are missing the big picture: Imagine the Youtube/Twitch LPs where dickgirls get boyfriends/prostitutes.

purupuru

Learned

Because someone had to code that shit in instead of bug-fixing features that actually matter
It's a first person game, I would imagine coding sex organs only takes minimal effort.
Besides, I think it's dangerous to put things like bug-fixing on the top of the priority list, it was such thinking that gave birth to games like TOW. You need crazy/stupid/random little things in a game, sometimes they are good and memorable, sometimes they are simply a waste of time, but if you refuse to add flavor all together then you are bound to get a tasteless game.
If I were to make an argument against dick girls in character creation, I'd say cut that decadent crap and use the time to give the protag some cool dancing animations.

Doktor Best

Arcane
First impressions are up on reddit, and the most important question is finally answered — yes, you can make a dick girl. I think this game will overtake TLoU 2 in drama department for the rest of the year. Everyone will find something to be offended by.
Strange that you think people would be offended by being able to make a dickgirl, dickgirls are all the rage now

PS: the correct term is dickperson you fucking bigot

Well about half of the butthurt drama around TLOU2 is because one of the protagonists is some female butch. Earlier in the thread someone posted that part of the polish fanbase is deeply offended that CDPR supports protests in a country that have absolutely nothing to do with their lives.

Rightwing sjws are a thing.
For starters, that figure ("about half") is just something you pulled out of your ass. You don't actually know what proportion of the upset is due to her being a 'female butch'.

Secondly, 'female butch' is a disingenuous way of framing the issue. To the extent that people are upset about the aesthetics of that character, it's not about her being simply 'butch', it's about her having the physique of a female body builder, and an extreme one at that, in a post apocalyptic scenario. We're talking about a body that is practically a statistical anomaly in current year, let alone after an apocalypse has happened. It's just not realistic.

This is without even touching upon the fact that there are numerous other reasons that people are upset about this character, and this game, that have nothing to do with the way she looks.

Yeah sure it was made up, i was shooting from the hip and not trying to be precise. I'll admit i didn't pay too much attention towards the game and i am sure there are legit complaints. Still, there are enough people actually butthurt about "leftist agenda" to create enough noise to distort public discussion about the game. Same with Cyberpunk, i mean just look at exhibit a right below your post. Not that i care very much, i just find it annoying that you cannot escape politics and "muh culture war" anymore even when discussing goddamn video games. Everything gets loaded with this shit, everyone gets accused of either supporting the holocaust or being paid by George Soros to destroy the white race. It was annoying back then when leftists shit their pants because there were no blacks in KCD and it is annoying now when alt righters are shivering under their bed sheets at the thought of someone creating a dick girl in Cyberpunk.

As for the Polish upset, I'm certain that has to do with a dislike of corporate virtue-signalling, and nothing to do with a desire to see social justice. Voicing displeasure with regards to a developer's choice of PR is not automatically analogous to SJW behaviour just because you say it is, no matter how vociferous it is.

That's a fair point, but i am pretty sure that again, it is a mix. The problem is that the discussion about these topics is always drawn towards the loudest, most obnoxious voices of each sides, which escalates the situation even further and, most importantly, wastes my precious time because i have to comb through opinions of politically agitated dimwits.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like again CDPR will be using 90's gaming mag approach when it comes to people interaction with PR. Worked well for TW3.

Can't say i am mad about it. There was something special about it. I still remember Kingpin preview/reviews how bonkers they were.

It is part of magic that has to be replicated so more people would enjoy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom