Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Oh and I really love that they forced the old games off the storefront so that you can only buy the “enhanced” editions.

The old ones are included with them at least. I already said I hate them and that I will never play their games. Not sure why you keep acting like I'm praising them or saying they can't do no wrong.

The weirdest part is you're acting like I love them when you're the one who bought their game and supported them. I don't support them, never will. You're one of those people that shits on the game then buys them anyways. No passion

Lilliput McHammersmith

Oh and I really love that they forced the old games off the storefront so that you can only buy the “enhanced” editions.

The old ones are included with them at least. I already said I hate them and that I will never play their games. Not sure why you keep acting like I'm praising them or saying they can't do no wrong.

The weirdest part is you're acting like I love them when you're the one who bought their game and supported them. I don't support them. You're one of those people that shits on the game then buys them anyways. No passion

The old ones are only included on GOG, not any other storefront where they’re sold.

Also who said that I bought them? I don’t remember saying that.

I did buy them, however, but that was before I knew that they had changed the rules for so many things in both games, which is retarded.

And no, the retarded thing you said was “Larian is worse than Beamdog even though we have no idea what BG3 will be yet, but they are worse than the company who changed rules, items, dialogues, and created an SJW campaign, and re-balanced a bunch stuff, while also making it so that the originals are no longer for sale, meaning that if you do want the originals you have to buy the enhanced edition”

Harthwain

Magister

The weirdest part is you're acting like I love them when you're the one who bought their game and supported them. I don't support them, never will. You're one of those people that shits on the game then buys them anyways. No passion
You sound like a Beamdog cultist.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well we are never gonna get Arcanum 2, but it made me wonder which of the current bigwig studios would be best suited to dealing with it?
Their design philosophy was every choice matters, which rules out most modern developers.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Larian should make Arcanum 2. They're the only who could do it now. Or maybe Owlcats.

I think the best revenege we could enact on decline shill codexers would be to make Larian make Arcanum and Temple of Elemental Evil sequels. We don't need Bloodlines sequel, that is being taken care of by other retards. That way the total Troika dessecration will be complete.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Neither. Only Iron Tower Studios can take the mantle and do it justice, but they would have to go bankrupt afterwards.

Eh I will wait for Colony Ship for that. I loved Arcanum but AoD did nothing for me. Although C&C definitly is that what they want to be good at.
Although I cant think of anyone better atm, C&C has become a rare art in crpgs.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

The weirdest part is you're acting like I love them when you're the one who bought their game and supported them. I don't support them. You're one of those people that shits on the game then buys them anyways. No passion

The old ones are only included on GOG, not any other storefront where they’re sold.

Also who said that I bought them? I don’t remember saying that.

I did buy them, however, but that was before I knew that they had changed the rules for so many things in both games, which is retarded.

And no, the retarded thing you said was “Larian is worse than Beamdog even though we have no idea what BG3 will be yet, but they are worse than the company who changed rules, items, dialogues, and created an SJW campaign, and re-balanced a bunch stuff, while also making it so that the originals are no longer for sale, meaning that if you do want the originals you have to buy the enhanced edition”

Also, to add to your point, they did not want to give the originals away at first. They only changed that after the heavy backlash they got. Cant find it atm, but someone on the codex linked a tweet where they talked about changing Baldurs Gate to be politically right for a new generation, and their statement was "If you want to play the old BG, too bad its sexist and so are you" or some dribbel of that quality.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If Larian apply to make total conversion of BGI/II in 5ed, in their new engine, I would be onboard.

Basically the tech is all they've made that's been good.

Elex

Arbiter
Game will sell well because it is called BG3. But then again, Larian is a good developer. Who would you give BG3 now instead?
This is what the codex think. But the sad sad reality of the reality is: it’s going to sell because is the new larian game.
The baldur’s gate name don’t sell, baldur’s gate have a name and a story but the numbers are totally different from the “best sellers” of today.

baldur’s gate had is chance with siege of dragonspear: it was a success? Noope.

Blame beamdog.

Poe had is chance too. poe2 failed hard.

Blame obisidian.

So why people blame larian?

blame who failed hard and was incapable of deliver what you wanted.

beamdog obsidian are the reason why you can’t have a “real” bg3.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I blame Larian for dumbing down their games, not for selling them well.
Nothing wrong with repairing the autism of the past.

Simplifying isn't a bad thing, especially the garbage system that was used in BG1/2. 5e already solved a lot of that convoluted shit, but me and Larian will make it even better.

And nobody outside some neckbeard autistical boomers like Ontoposhit care about "muh baldurs gate".

Serious, it's a pirivilege for the Baldur's Gate franchise that Larian is even willing to make a new game under that name. Serious, you neckbeards should be grateful, now for the frist time we'll have a good Baldur's Gate game.

Elex

Arbiter
What i mean is: Larian is not the first choise, beamdog was.
Siege of dragonspear was the third baldur’s gate game... and they never talk about it in any press release they ignore beamdog, they don’t even try to bundle the EE with bg3.

So apparently dumbing down is consider better than beamdog EE.

User0001

Savant
Swen desecrated the codex's third top game. Swen the thief, and his Larian cultists, his fence sitters (who lean a little too close to his side, despite what they say), Mike mearls and the wotc crew, and potentially you have all contributed to the desecration to that which I love. They're all Larian cultists. There's nothing I can do against them but I will do what I can. And all I can do is not buy the game, and ask that you do the same. Whether you do it for me, for passion, for the one and true BG series, to spite swen and his cultist, or just because it doesn't seem appealing to you, please do it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Game will sell well because it is called BG3. But then again, Larian is a good developer. Who would you give BG3 now instead?
This is what the codex think. But the sad sad reality of the reality is: it’s going to sell because is the new larian game.
The baldur’s gate name don’t sell, baldur’s gate have a name and a story but the numbers are totally different from the “best sellers” of today.

baldur’s gate had is chance with siege of dragonspear: it was a success? Noope.

Blame beamdog.

Poe had is chance too. poe2 failed hard.

Blame obisidian.

So why people blame larian?

blame who failed hard and was incapable of deliver what you wanted.

beamdog obsidian are the reason why you can’t have a “real” bg3.

Inclined to agree here, if Siege of Dragonspear was not an expansion for a decades old game that noone wanted, but a standalone Infinity Engine inspired game, and it wasnt shit and sold well it might have significantly influenced the direction that BG3 takes.
But thats wishfull thinking, Beamdog has no talent.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

Simplifying isn't a bad thing, especially the garbage system that was used in BG1/2. 5e already solved a lot of that convoluted shit, but me and Larian will make it even better.

And nobody outside some neckbeard autistical boomers like Ontoposhit care about "muh baldurs gate".

Serious, it's a pirivilege for the Baldur's Gate franchise that Larian is even willing to make a new game under that name. Serious, you neckbeards should be grateful, now for the frist time we'll have a good Baldur's Gate game.

Openening the thread again was like opening the box of pandora. We got Ontopoly back but you are other 99 other evils unleashed.

Lilliput McHammersmith

You sound like a Beamdog cultist.

Haha the mods should make that a new tag for him. That or Larian Cultist. It would be too funny.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cant find it atm, but someone on the codex linked a tweet where they talked about changing Baldurs Gate to be politically right for a new generation, and their statement was "If you want to play the old BG, too bad its sexist and so are you" or some dribbel of that quality.
Not really. I mean, they did say some elements were sexist or whatever, but they didn't actually do anything to "fix" those. Safana is the same as ever for example. They actually accidentally made an oopsie by making the lesbian vampire black, i.e. sexualization of exotic women. When you devoid your ideology of context, you end up on a tight rope nobody can really balance on. Also, RE: SoD is bad - it isn't, it's ok. The controversy around Mizhena is what caused SoD to fail commercially. If it failed, I have no idea.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
We aren't starved of true RPGs anymore. And when this game comes out that will be even more true because there are a bunch of RPGs on the way. There's no reason to put yourself through this game. There are alternatives. We all know the games that came out recently. We all know the games that are coming out. Don't lower yourself to this, because you no longer have to. Play solasta instead. Realms beyond. Wrath of the righteous. Black geyser (TBD). Spell force is close enough. Play some nwn modules. Replay all the classics which are plenty and still have so much to offer, even if you've played them before. This isn't 5 years ago anymore. You have choices. Don't let your ignorance lead you to harm the entire industry. Love the industry and it will treat you good. Play the originals if you need something to do, but at all costs, DO NOT GIVE IN. Passion can sustain you while you watch all the Larian cultists and fence sitters. Passion sustain us, for we are weak and the graphics are shiny. Passion help us through this because we want to be part of the discussion surrounding the game but not at this cost. Passion sustain us because we may always wonder if the game would have been worth it (spoiler, nothing is worth losing your passion and integrity over, and the game will suck for sure, it's Larian, enough said).

I just want you all to remember that we have choices and we have options and we shouldn't support this game. The world is good and the games we have are better. Playing bg3 will only taint you, your passion for gaming, and your view of the BG series. I haven't played the beam dog dlc because I know it will be bad and will harm me. I won't play bg3 because I know it will be bad and will harm me. Don't be one of those people that talks bad about a game but buys it anyways. That's what swen-led Larian wants us to do. He knows he can butcher the series and make bad games but we will buy them anyways. I want him to be wrong. You should want him to be wrong. When I see his smug face it makes me sick because he knows he's getting away with it. Let's not let him get away with it. Every sale counts. The game will be a financial success but at the end of the day, if we can make even a small impact, we should be proud of our efforts.

At every moment and situation, if there is a design philosophy difference between BG series and dos series, swen will go with what dos did. Turn based, 4 man party, barrels, 3d over isometric, over world map style and layout, origin characters, animations, character styles, character recruitment layout, exploration style. There will be many more that we haven't been able to see because the game isn't out yet, but rest assured, there will be more.

Swen stole a name and Mike mearls helped him. Swen desecrated the codex's third top game. Swen the thief, and his Larian cultists, his fence sitters (who lean a little too close to his side, despite what they say), Mike mearls and the wotc crew, and potentially you have all contributed to the desecration to that which I love. They're all Larian cultists. There's nothing I can do against them but I will do what I can. And all I can do is not buy the game, and ask that you do the same. Whether you do it for me, for passion, for the one and true BG series, to spite swen and his cultist, or just because it doesn't seem appealing to you, please do it.
46aaw0.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

You act like if Divine Divinity was overcomplicated "autistic"...

Garbage system for who? Game journalists? THAC0 is the most ""complicated"" thing on BG1/2 and everyone with 2 digit IQ can understand it.

Swen Vincke seems to underestimate his player base. I saw a lot of comments about spell slots...

A lot of games uses it. From Final Fantasy 1, PS1 Suikuden to modern games like Dark Souls 2. And note that i an mentioning consoele RPG's. For me, spell slots are easy to understand. You attune a spell and when cast, need to rest to "re attune" and use it again. And more powerful the magician is, more powerful and in greater quantity of spells he can "attune".

Cooldowns in other hands, felt completely nonsensical. Why my magician need to wait X turns to cast other fireball but can cast fire rain? Or deadlier fire spells?

they did say some elements were sexist or whatever, but they didn't actually do anything to "fix" those.

I hope that Larian will not try to """"fix"""" spell slots and missing for eg too.

Imagine the SJW from beamdog who complains about sexism on BG making a enhanced edition for VTMB...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What i mean is: Larian is not the first choise, beamdog was.
Siege of dragonspear was the third baldur’s gate game... and they never talk about it in any press release they ignore beamdog, they don’t even try to bundle the EE with bg3.

So apparently dumbing down is consider better than beamdog EE.
I don't think WotC ever had confidence in Beamdog, but if someone more acquainted with Beamdog's history can prove otherwise, please do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom