Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need to re-poll every Codex RPG GOTY survey!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
In light of the shocking revelations that Felipepe has been falsifying Codex GOTY polls since time immemorial, I think we should do new polls from every year since Codex began(just to be safe) in order for this prestigious magazine to get the results that prove our commitment to integrity and make sure that Disco Elysium shitty games don't win as they have in the past, thanks to to Felipepe's deceitful machinations.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would be nice but Felipepe is too far inserted into the Codex establishment via 'tron that it's futile. Crispy knows but can't say anything so he acts ignorant. They are going to shut down this thread. They do not like the implications.

Maxie

The man has always strived to be a local celebrity with his polls and books and what-not, despite not being very interested in RPGs in the first place

Grimlorn

Arcane
What I don't understand about the point system is how can you throw out the ones for being trolls but not the perfect scores as well. With a 1-4 system you're only going to have effectively 3 points to choose from for your vote. A system of rating games 2-4 doesn't sound good. It seems like it would just ensure the most popular games show up at the top. Maybe a 1-10 system with ones and tens thrown out would have been better, but now that everyone knows it they'll just try to game the system. Whole thing is ridiculous.

Generic-Giant-Spider

IN THE YEAR 2020 IT CAME OUT THAT FORMER CODEX STAPLEMEMBER, FELIPEPE, WAS INVOLVED IN WHAT WOULD LATER BE KNOWN AS, "THE MCA SCANDAL." FOUND GUILTY OF POLL MANIPULATION, FELIPEPE FLED THE CODEX AND TURNCOATED TO THE RIVAL STATE RESETUS ERATUS.

DESPITE THE EFFORTS TO KEEP CODEXIA MAINTAINED, BARON CRISPY AND COUNT INFINITRON COULD NOT STOP THE INEVITABLE DILAPIDATION THAT THE ONCE PRESTIGIOUS REGION FELL TO. IT WAS WORSE THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE IMAGINED.

SKYRIM WAS PRAISED. JOSH SAWYER WAS PARDONED. THE POLISH COULD FREELY SPEAK POLISH. FLUENT WAS HELICOPTERING HIS DICK. NOTHING COULD SAVE CODEXIA FROM WHAT IT BECAME...

UNTIL NOW.

ADVENTURER, IN ORDER TO SAVE THIS ONCE GLORIOUS STATE OF CODEXIA IT FALLS UPON YOU TO ASSEMBLE A PARTY OF FELLOW OUTCASTS AND INCELS. YOU WILL LEAD A RESISTANCE THAT WILL SHAKE THE VERY FOUNDATION OF GAMING AND VANQUISH THE EVIL FELIPEPE ALONG WITH HIS LEGIONS OF TRANSSEXUAL NON BINARIES.

COUNT INFINITRON HAS BEEN PUT INTO CRYOGENIC SLEEP FOR PRESERVATION AND BARON CRISPY HAS GONE IN SEARCH OF ANCIENT SCROLLS TO TURN THE TIDES. HE HAS NOT BEEN HEARD FROM SINCE.

WHEN YOU ARE READY TO EMBARK, SEEK OUT THE ONE THEY CALL DARKUNDERLORD. HE WILL GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS ON THE RITUAL TO SUMMON CLEVELAND BLAKEMORE OF THE THAL WHO WILL PURGE THE WORLD ONCE AGAIN OF ALL THIS SUPER GAY SHIT AND BRING BACK MALE/FEMALE CHARACTER CREATION OPTIONS.

THESE ARE THE WORDS OF SAINT ROGUEY.

GODSPEED.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What I don't understand about the point system is how can you throw out the ones for being trolls but not the perfect scores as well. With a 1-4 system you're only going to have effectively 3 points to choose from for your vote. A system of rating games 2-4 doesn't sound good. It seems like it would just ensure the most popular games show up at the top. Maybe a 1-10 system with ones and tens thrown out would have been better, but now that everyone knows it they'll just try to game the system. Whole thing is ridiculous.

Exactly. Also how do you decide from those that are genuinely rated shit, as we have strong opinions but when push comes to shove, most here can give a reason why Cuckesium rates low: among the simplest being that it barely is a RPG at all.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
How about not being butthurt and voting for games you consider great with 5/5 instead?
It doesnt make Disco a worse game that it triggered a bunch of faggots for varying reasons.

felipepepe did nothing wrong!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can see your game here commie. You want to trigger butthurt by having the current generation of codex members vote the crappy games higher than they were before.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
IN THE YEAR 2020 IT CAME OUT THAT FORMER CODEX STAPLEMEMBER, FELIPEPE, WAS INVOLVED IN WHAT WOULD LATER BE KNOWN AS, "THE MCA SCANDAL." FOUND GUILTY OF POLL MANIPULATION, FELIPEPE FLED THE CODEX AND TURNCOATED TO THE RIVAL STATE RESETUS ERATUS.

DESPITE THE EFFORTS TO KEEP CODEXIA MAINTAINED, BARON CRISPY AND COUNT INFINITRON COULD NOT STOP THE INEVITABLE DILAPIDATION THAT THE ONCE PRESTIGIOUS REGION FELL TO. IT WAS WORSE THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE IMAGINED.

SKYRIM WAS PRAISED. JOSH SAWYER WAS PARDONED. THE POLISH COULD FREELY SPEAK POLISH. FLUENT WAS HELICOPTERING HIS DICK. NOTHING COULD SAVE CODEXIA FROM WHAT IT BECAME...

UNTIL NOW.

ADVENTURER, IN ORDER TO SAVE THIS ONCE GLORIOUS STATE OF CODEXIA IT FALLS UPON YOU TO ASSEMBLE A PARTY OF FELLOW OUTCASTS AND INCELS. YOU WILL LEAD A RESISTANCE THAT WILL SHAKE THE VERY FOUNDATION OF GAMING AND VANQUISH THE EVIL FELIPEPE ALONG WITH HIS LEGIONS OF TRANSSEXUAL NON BINARIES.

COUNT INFINITRON HAS BEEN PUT INTO CRYOGENIC SLEEP FOR PRESERVATION AND BARON CRISPY HAS GONE IN SEARCH OF ANCIENT SCROLLS TO TURN THE TIDES. HE HAS NOT BEEN HEARD FROM SINCE.

WHEN YOU ARE READY TO EMBARK, SEEK OUT THE ONE THEY CALL DARKUNDERLORD. HE WILL GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS ON THE RITUAL TO SUMMON CLEVELAND BLAKEMORE OF THE THAL WHO WILL PURGE THE WORLD ONCE AGAIN OF ALL THIS SUPER GAY SHIT AND BRING BACK MALE/FEMALE CHARACTER CREATION OPTIONS.

THESE ARE THE WORDS OF SAINT ROGUEY.

GODSPEED.

This synopsis is positively BEGGING for a The Nameless Mod equivalent to be made in creator's moddable RPG of choice.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Do it, can't wait to see the amazing polls done by people who can't even read properly.

But we all know we won't see anything, you're all too lazy to even try.

Btw since I cant read aswell, how is the filter system applied?
1: A vote that is only Disco Elysium 1/5, no other games rated, is filtered
2: Every subvote that votes Disco Elysium 1/5, even if other games are rated higher in the same vote, has the 1/5 filtered from it and stays otherwise intact.

Just for the record so I might remember to vote bad games 2/5 instead of 1/5 next GOTY round.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Do it, can't wait to see the amazing polls done by people who can't even read properly.

2: Every subvote that votes Disco Elysium 1/5, even if other games are rated higher in the same vote, has the 1/5 filtered from it and stays otherwise intact.

Just for the record so I might remember to vote bad games 2/5 instead of 1/5 next GOTY round.
The rules has always been "obvious trolls will be deleted".

Obvious trolls include:
- Voting on every game
- Voting on one of the fake games I add to every poll
- Series of similar votes on a fixed time interval
- Voting 1/5 on every game
- Voting 1/5 on a single game (and not voting on anything else)
- Voting 1/5 on every game EXCEPT the one you're fanboying
- Voting 5/5 on every game
- Voting 5/5 on every game EXCEPT the one you hate
- And so on...

And yeah, I reserve the right to decide what's 'obvious trolling'. If you don't like it, the full votes are posted every time, do your own results. Or just do your own poll.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

The rules has always been "obvious trolls will be deleted".

Obvious trolls include:
- Voting on every game
- Voting on one of the fake games I add to every poll
- Series of similar votes on a fixed time interval
- And so on...

And yeah, I reserve the right to decide what's 'obvious trolling'. If you don't like it, the full votes are posted every time, do your own results. Or just do your own poll.

Seems reasonable except maybe that the Kingcomrade vote invalidates your vote.
But anyway Goty is supposed to be serious stuff so whatever.

Corvinus

Arcane

But this IS how many people vote. It is either SHIT or MANNA FROM HEAVEN. That is why voting should be confined to four options only:

-GOOD
-MEDIOCRE/UNDECIDED
-BAD
(-ABSTAIN)

Otherwise the result will be inaccurate. Of course, if we also add the element of you messing with the votes it is even more inaccurate. And dishonest. Very dishonest.

I knew something was off when the voting for the RPGCODEX GOTY wasn't done on said forum, out in the open.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

But this IS how many people vote. It is either SHIT or MANNA FROM HEAVEN. That is why voting should be confined to four options only:

-GOOD
-MEDIOCRE/UNDECIDED
-BAD
(-ABSTAIN)

Otherwise the result will be inaccurate. Of course, if we also add the element of you messing with the votes it is even more inaccurate. And dishonest. Very dishonest.

I knew something was off when the voting for the RPGCODEX GOTY wasn't done on said forum, out in the open.
Every day I'm more convinced that part of the Codex hates Disco Elysium because they simply can't read.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dragon Age Origins is not as bad as people make it out to be. Especially if you set yourself up for a cliche/classic fantasy story.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom