Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How rich is Chris Avellone?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didnt avellone said even his funeral expenses is taken care of? He was in debt in obsidian due to his mother's illness, but gotten alot more money as freelancer and pretty loaded rn

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also, he's talked about the reason he has a soft voice is because he grew up in California, because that's how they teach men to act. Hell if he grew up in San Francisco it makes even more sense because there you're surrounded by faggots. Just not a good environment for raising boys into men.
He grew up in Virginia. It seems as though he adopted the California dialect, same as Sawyer, who's from Wisconsin.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I knew a guy who was essentially raised by his mother and two older sisters. No father in his life at all for whatever reason.

Total fag. At least he talked like one anyway.
Yeah too much femininity is bad for a boy's development as well.
Also, he's talked about the reason he has a soft voice is because he grew up in California, because that's how they teach men to act. Hell if he grew up in San Francisco it makes even more sense because there you're surrounded by faggots. Just not a good environment for raising boys into men.
He grew up in Virginia. It seems as though he adopted the California dialect, same as Sawyer, who's from Wisconsin.
Ah you're probably right then. I thought it was because he grew up there, but maybe he just spent so much time there he adopted their mannerisms and dialect. I know he definitely mentioned something about it at some time on here I think.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That's weird. I spent a number of years in a southern state for college, and my accent and Jersey mannerisms actually became even more prominent.

Beastro

Arcane
Relativitardism detected. Guess you belong to the feminine spectrum.

No, just where there's room for something like Jung's Anima and Animus.

A good father is not a hyper-masculine meathead who has no idea how to handle kids, especially infants.

I find it no surprise that the breakdown of families and the role of fathers and husbands has resulted in more and more men swinging into the hyper-masculine trying to overcompensate rather than come to terms with and not worry about their nurturing, fatherly side.

A game like Torment is not something you'd expect from some super masculine guy.

What about Skyrim?

:D

Generic-Giant-Spider

I like to pretend whenever arguments erupt in these topics it's because they want to impress Christopher Frederic Avellone. Like two high school jocks trying to impress the head cheerleader and go with her to prom.

Glaucon

Prophet
I like to pretend whenever arguments erupt in these topics it's because they want to impress Christopher Frederic Avellone. Like two high school jocks trying to impress the head cheerleader and go with her to prom.
Yes, but are Jock and Cheerleader eternal metaphysical concepts, or intersubjective fables?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Chris Avellone is making fortune with a new business model: he gets paid to let codex users suck his dick. Half of people in this thread are potencial clients.

I paid three times already and its fucking delicious. Lets open a Kickstarter!

:hype:

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Than at Obsidian he got muscly

maxresdefault.jpg

""muscly"" lol, LOOK AT HIS STOMACH

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Let us hope he has at least $800 in his account at all times. He might need it to buy Wizards of the Coast from Hasbro with Sawyer so they can make IWD3.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Lol, why so many people voted on Chris being gay?

It's in the voice and mannerisms.

Definitely low T. A lot of creative people or artists are like that, because intelligence requires a degree of agreeableness to that which is outside oneself, as well as a capacity for perceiving what is relative and what is absolute. This requires a combination of masculine and feminine traits. The more masculine you are, the more prone you are to being super objective but to an inflexible degree (super masculine guys will often be closed minded and incapable of perceiving any subtlety in anything. In terms of gaming, think of dude bros and the like), where as the more feminine the more likely you are to descend into complete relativism, subjectivism, and ultimately to an "everything goes" attitude where all standards are just thrown out the window to the point where not even skill or quality matter anymore.

Weininger spotted this right away when he claimed most creative men are only partially masculine. Even an outwardly "tough" guy like Brahms was actually quite feminine looking when young:

Johannes_Brahms_1853.jpg

And one is tempted to assume the grizzly bear image he cultivated later in life was a form of compensation for his own feminine characteristics (he was also a colossal shitlord who made Bruckner cry like a bitch, so basically a Codexer). Which leads me to the problem we have today, this divide between the ultra masculine and the ultra feminine, which is forcing people to chose sides, with the result that those of an agreeable nature will associate themselves with other agreeable people, and get swept away by the inertia created by this polarization, and the same applies to those who adopt a more combative attitude. I think the Codex belongs to the latter. We are just a bunch of middle of the road guys playing "tough" to fight against this excessive feminization that is destroying objectivity and thus true creativity everywhere, while most practicing artists have a tendency to succumb to the latter and get lost in the most abject relativism and passivity.

Of course, it goes without saying that the "intellectual" type is more likely to be afflicted by homosexuality than those who stand on the extremities of the masculine/feminine spectrum, as per Weininger's theory. Avellone may or may not be teh faggot, but it's not surprising he presents so many feminine traits. A game like Torment is not something you'd expect from some super masculine guy. Torment is a textbook example of someone attempting to convey an higher meaning while being aware of the relativity of things. SJWs of course do not have the capacity for objectivity or conceiving of any kind of meaning, of whatever level, which is why for them people like Chris are an enigma, for he is quite clearly in the liberal camp but not quite completely like them.

And yes, i just went through a long metaphysical explanation of faggotry and Chris Avellone. You are welcome.

This post was so exceptional I was forced to turn on another 2% of my brain to think about it. This brings me to a total now of 3%. Running hot and may need a ventilation fan installed at some point.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He should announce that he is gay. Even if he isn't. Get a buddy to admit to...stuff they did that one time. And have been doing ever since. In secret. It's at least one way he can extricate himself from the situation he's in. Is he still in it? I haven't been paying attention. Because it all sounded like little girly bullshits.

I'm sure there are plenty of Codexers that could help him out right?. Start a thread with all your fantasies just to give him some writing material and inspiration.
:love:

Eisen

Learned
Given that he is one of the most, if not THE most famous RPG designers of all time, I thought Avellone would be rolling in fat stacks. I couldn't find any reputable information on his net worth (pic below is all I found), so does anyone know?

CwkIXC5.png
Isn't this number the limit for a 32-bit integer?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not sure his height is 172 cm as that website claims.
When I met him he was about 165 cm.

He's officially listed himself as 5'7, 164 seems a bit on the too-short side based on pictures I've seen of him with other people.

For example, here he is next to Alanah Pearce who's 5'10
E3+World+Premier+Event+Video+Games+E3+Coliseum+5VJEfh_Tg3Gx.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom