Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Do they even have an option to redeem x amount of points in exchange for a 10% or so discount? Or is it just "customize your profile"-horseshit this time around?

Looks like this new point system is exclusively community stuff. Apart from buying avatar and sticker things, you can award your points to user reviews and workshop items, effectively it is voting power. If the points themselves have monetary value like discounts, it defeats the purpose.

Why yes, I spent $10 in virtual funny money for a dancing Harry Dubois gif, how could you tell?

no coupons :mixedemotions:
There is though. Your first purchase of $30+ gets $5 off. It's not great but it's probably enough incentive for me to spend $30 during the sale. Maybe. Possibly. At the moment I've got Doom64 in my cart for $1.80 so I have a bit further to go.

Ivan

Arcane
oh wait, nvm, there is a $5 coupon for first purchase ($30) minimum.

Yakuza here I come!

edit: Nier isn't even discounted LOL

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Shit discounts as always
anything else?
yfe8K9c.png

what is this madness
and 30day limit?
lmao

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have 29 items on my wishlist, 10 are discounted and only two of them with a discount greater than 50%. (But that's because more than half of my wishlist has "Coming Soon" next to it.)

That's OK for once, because what I have lined up are pure "support the devs"-purchases. For example I'll finally be buying a copy of Return of the Obra Dinn (25% discount) for myself, and not my friends.

The only game I'm dubious on is Signal Simulator (70% discount). It looks neat, but I have next to no info on it otherwise. Can anyone give a non-spoilerish opinion on it?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The only game I'm dubious on is Signal Simulator (70% discount). It looks neat, but I have next to no info on it otherwise. Can anyone give a non-spoilerish opinion on it?

Seems to be a low buget sim where you play the day of a radio astronomers and eventually discover an alien signal. Looks rather well made but without a story and other scientists to talk to this sounds a little pointless, considering the amount of time you have to invest.

Latro

Arcane
in the cart so far:

Lost Technology (weeb crap RTS, but has reviews in the hundreds of hours with multiple campaigns and factions)
Original War (SP RTS)
Tales of Wuxia Duology
Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought this three games, just enough to get the 5 euro coupon for the total price of 29,98.

Personally I recommend the following game that I have finished just recently and have been shilling for it. If you are fan of turn based tactical games and hot girls in Napoleonic era this is a must buy.

Pf1W7wE.jpg

RAhzWXh.jpg

dmDrOQv.jpg

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
probably the best discount i've seen in the sale so far:

uGFWn0r.png

the wargaming grognard gods have been kind to us today

Citizen

I spend an hour optimizing my cart and trying to throw out as much as possible and still ended with a 3k rubles worth of popamole. I think I shouldn't buy it now, maybe tomorrow I could rethink my choices and throw out some more games before paying :negative:

Right now my cart puts me at $28 with Dustbowl, Druidstone (Thanks to Codexers for reminding me on both of those, and good discounts to boot), A Legionary's Life, Doom 64, and the Pathfinder Kingmaker DLC. Thinking about dropping the Kingmaker DLC and sticking Outer Wilds in instead, since that would put me within range of the coupon and I'm not all that enthused about Kingmaker's DLC as much as I like the game itself. Druidstone and Outer Wilds aren't too unlikely for hitting Humble Choice bundles at some point which is a minor knock against them.

Also thinking about Firewatch for $5 just because it's been some years and that hasn't hit a bundle/tier I was comfortable picking up, so I may just buy the damn thing itself for $5. Pretty sure I'd dig it, but I'm a whole lot cheaper than I used to be so I'm waffling a bit.

This is pretty damn cheap at the moment too.

And finally, I curse the heavens for Knights of the Chalice only being 20% off, and the Battle Brothers DLC having no discount at all. :argh:

2-3 years ago steam sales were the reason we lived. now base prices don't drop anymore, 4-5-8 years old games still at full price, with the mandatory dlcs and a huge discount they're still more expensive than they're worth. 132 items in wishlist and the only one i feel a mild attraction to is deus ex goty just to preserve the cd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom