Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
He can kill with a smile, He can wound with his eyes
He can ruin your faith with his casual lies
And he only reveals what he wants you to see
He hides like a child but he's always a homo to me

Sentinel

Arcane
Roguey, where did you see that Avellone does not live with his wife?
Yes but they don't live together
From Roguey posts. So it's 100% true.
Still, I find the possibility jarring. I thought at least MCA had his wife by his side during this. That just adds another depressing layer to this situation.
Just to clarify, here's the Roguey post where he mentions it.
She hasn't said anything and no one's saying anything to her https://twitter.com/estelletigani/

The last time she and Chris interacted on twitter was last week, though they haven't followed each other for some time nor do they live together, details that once led me to believe they had an estranged relationship.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I never thought I would live in a world where Tim Cain is gay and Chris Avellone is straight.

Beyond that, not just the best statement ever, but also possibly the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Chris Avellone isn't gay.
IMG-9347.jpg

eilef

Educated
I don't actually mind men being called out by women for shitty behaviors, it's all in the morals of our time - like it or not, this is how shit works now, you just have to be clean with women or you might get publicly punished for it. It ain't about feminists being right, or wrong, I don't really care, it just is what it is ; with all of these public call outs women are effectively empowered and can live with less fear, as they know men will live some kind of fear themselves, at least the fear of acting in an inappropriate way. You don't train monkeys without making them anxious a bit, without making them suffer and showing them in a potentially violent way what are the limits they can't cross. So you get a situation where monkeys might not know the limits are, they're just not properly trained, and it creates a kind of big deal anxiety - they become so fearful that they think they'll be framed at any time, just like I suppose women fear being raped at any time when they go out at night. All of this is very serious of course, but it's also rather funny and you can laugh about it if you're lucky. At any rate, this thread was also pretty funny, good effort DarkUnderturd. I also will keep believing MCA was gay, gotta have our faith after all.

Excuse me, but what kind of position is this? You can get accused out of thin air, and get canceled overnight for basically nothing. And if you are unlucky and cannot defend yourself within first days - you are done for. Judged by court of public opinion, and erased from everything. This kind of "empowerment" leads to false accusations, and lives ruined in a brink of an eye. I am all for "improving modern morals", things being save for woman, but empowering mob justice, and court of public opinion, especially that is set up by Twitter - is a horrible idea. People forgot what the point of a justice system is, and perhaps missed Amber Heard case, or many others that were disproved in the last days. Some people literally jumping on this train to take people down, just because they had bad relationships in the past, or want to satisfy revenge. They risk absolutely nothing, will lose nothing if disproven, and will continue to live as nothing happened, even if accusations are proven false. And the accused side is literally canceled overnight, ruined, and cannot repair their public image. BLM is “empowered” in USA. Do you like what they are doing there? How it’s turning in to FFA GTA server? This is where such “empowerment” leads.

What we should call for is justice and accountability for all parties involved. Proper legal process for all cases. Calling for "empowerment" will only bolster bad actors, who preach "this is not the time for asking questions, or debate" like they do now, even when caught red handed. I am all for calling out rapists, but serious accusations like this should be handled by law, not twitter.

And for Avellone case... I hope he gets to defend himself, and we hear his side of the story.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey, where did you see that Avellone does not live with his wife?

Still, I find the possibility jarring. I thought at least MCA had his wife by his side during this. That just adds another depressing layer to this situation.

She's open about living and working in LA, Chris does not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom