Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Last edited:
When did they remove the flash sales? Those were reasonable discounts. Now pretty much every third party site has way better deals. https://isthereanydeal.com/ for the win.
They removed them around the time they added the refund system. I believe flash sales were dead before refunds went live, but the writing was probably on the wall.

That always looks tempting but from what I've seen and heard about it, it's a ridiculously huge grind. Similar to starting Mount and Blade from scratch although even worse. I always think about picking it up but that puts me off.

At least the grind was enjoyable in Warband. I didn't enjoy it as much in Kenshi. You could buy the game and play it for an hour or two and see if it works for you. If not, you could just return it.
True, but since it sounds like a long-playtime game, getting an hour and a half into it probably won't be much of a demo.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
At least the grind was enjoyable in Warband. I didn't enjoy it as much in Kenshi. You could buy the game and play it for an hour or two and see if it works for you. If not, you could just return it.
True, but since it sounds like a long-playtime game, getting an hour and a half into it probably won't be much of a demo.

True. It's mostly a bird's eye view of the game, to see if you'd like the controls, atmosphere, world, etc. If you're still hesitant on buying it, then maybe watch some long LPs to get a sense of what's possible.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To get the $5 discount do you have to spend $30 pre or post tax? I'm at $29.99...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
That always looks tempting but from what I've seen and heard about it, it's a ridiculously huge grind. Similar to starting Mount and Blade from scratch although even worse. I always think about picking it up but that puts me off.

Depends. Go in blind. You will have one of the best gaming experiences.

Irata

Scholar
These holiday Steam sales are awful now. Even when you ignore the flash sales the older holiday sales had better discounts. Now it is rare that you ever see an all-time low and it isn't unusual to see games cost more than they did in the past.

I am tempted to pick up Rimworld. With the 5 USD off deal I believe that makes it cheaper than even its pre-release price. However, now that they're releasing DLC it is in their interest to lower the price of the base game.

Ended up grabbing the Outer Wilds, Firewatch, A Legionary's Life, Dustbowl, and Doom 64. Just barely puts me in coupon range. Last three I was going to buy basically no matter what, first two I'm just especially in the mood for. Heard that the Outer Wilds should scratch an exploration itch somewhat similar to Subnautica which massively increases my interest, and the tiny bit I've seen of it while trying to avoid spoilers looks cool.

Not a terribly great Steam sale but I think I'll be happy enough with all of it. Kenshi will remain on the back burner just because I don't feel like a big timesink game right now. Been replaying some RPGs recently anyway so some walking simulators sound more refreshing.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
r2f83KQ.jpg

Gee, those 5€ really made all the difference. Went a little bit crazy there! Already excited about the thought of which one of these will get stuck in my backlog for years to come.

Curratum

Aaaaaaaand we're done with this year's summer sale...

At least Gaben's 5 EUR made up for the disappointing base discount and got it to the 40 EUR / 30% off I was willing to buy it for.

MrJMtVx.png

PrettyDeadman

Basically Fallout: Tactics / Door Kickers multiplayer game.
They also added some singleplayer content in later.

r2f83KQ.jpg

Gee, those 5€ really made all the difference. Went a little bit crazy there! Already excited about the thought of which one of these will get stuck in my backlog for years to come.

damn dude, you can find total warhammer 2 for 5-10 euros less pretty much everywhere.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
r2f83KQ.jpg

Consider https://gg.deals/ if you haven't. Steam rarely has the best prices during sales, especially as they go on and other sites price match or one-up Steam. I'm not even talking about 3rd party key selling sites here some would consider shady.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
damn dude, you can find total warhammer 2 for 5-10 euros less pretty much everywhere.

20QMus8.png

I use 'cheapshark.' And clearly, the game has been available at a greater discount, yup! But right now? I didn't see it. So here we are.

I'm not married to Steam, but I am on a bit of a Total War kick so I was always going to buy this thing now. As long as I found an OK discount. And as far as I'm concerned I did. I'm not gonna worry about '5-10 euros,' I mean, come on.

AliceAlcina

Learned
In never understand those deal seekers, if game is good, I would probably buy it full price... if I think it would be discounted, I would wait for discount... but would I worry about game not being hugely discounted? No. Discoutn is discount, take it or leave it, or just support the devs by buying full price...

chuft

Augur
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock or Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 (or 1) for blowing shit up in space? What say you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom