Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
It looks great. Also its great to not to be a child and have unrealistic expectations for AAA games

We aren't getting hardcore AAA rpgs, it's just not economic yet, few more generations possibly

LOL. Are you polish by any chance? :P

Look, i don't care too much about the graphics. Honestly the game is looking fine. Witcher 3 looked really good as well. It doesn't have to be best in class to be an AAA game.

The reason i am criticising the graphics, is because of the many delays and the pretense that they are trying to make something truly next gen. After all these years and all this hype, if the only thing they can deliver at late 2020/early 2021 is a me-too AAA GTA clone, then the myth of CDPR being "one of the best studios" will collapse.

ChildInTime

Learned
Some new character renders, I guess these will be the "final" version.

cyberpunk-2077-evelyn-rgbs-1593034471193_5b9s.1080.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-character-art_y5t7.1080.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-judy-rgbs-1593034477587_7ch5.1080.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Something curious in the video was how rare women with big boobs were. You would think that in a world where body extension and upgrades are ubiquitous more women would have customized these parts.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's something I noticed yesterday. I'll review the footage again, but I think there wasn't a big variety of body meshes.

jf8350143

Liturgist
From the people who have played the game, there is a cybernetic upgrade that makes your gun won't kill people.

Guess now we know how you can finish the game "without killing anyone". You shoot 20 bullets into everyone's head and they will just being "unconscious", like those Batman games.

Also they still haven't decide the consequences of having too much cybernetic upgrade in you, expect another delay.

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
From the people who played the game, there is a cybernetic upgrade that makes your gun won't kill people.

Guess now we know how you can finish the game "without killing anyone". You shoot 20 bullets in everyone's head and they will just being "unconscious", like those Batman games.

Also they still haven't decide the consequences if you put too much cybernetic upgrade into yourself, expect another delay.
At this rate they won't have enough money to burn for another marketing push like this. I think they'll release it in november no matter what, even in an unfinished state.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Ah here we go:

00:00 Intro
01:13 Official Trailer — The Gig
03:15 About the trailer with the devs
7:55 Announcements
8:40 CYBERPUNK: EDGERUNNERS
11:08 Braindance gameplay
18:08 About the braindance with the devs
24:00 Outro

A random detail I noticed - in the first part of the video, during the staged "interview" with Paweł Sasko that goes over the trailer, Hollie Bennett seems to have had some bleeding from one of the nostrils. You can see a red spot under her nostril appearing and disappearing between the change of camera perspective from Paweł to her. By the end of the interview it's fixed. Probably multiple takes.

Also, it's curious they decided to make it like Bennett is connecting from her bedroom, with what looks like an ironing board in the back. Why not a studio or a green box like Pawel has?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Another nitpick - at the time the robber shouts "I want to see you kissing the flooring", the shop vendor is still executing his animation of taking the cigarettes out from under the counter as if nothing has happened. Only after that he raises his hands and acts scared. I wonder if they will fix this in the final game.

Judy The Cutie doesn't have any lip sync after V finishes watching the BD recording. You hear the audio but you can see her mouth not moving.

The segment about Paweł's notebook is quite puzzling. First, it's so obviously staged that it feels cringe. Second, "I'll show you my notebook" is already pretty cringe in itself. Third, the notebook itself is full of crossed out lines. I imagine someone actually took the time to scratch over all the text in that notebook line by line, if this particular notebook ever contained actual text at all. Everything screams "why are you doing this?".

MasPingon

Arcane
Why all the chicks look like they just returned from Equality Parade? Hot chicks do not dye their hair like that and they don't look like a rough draft with tattoos everywhere to "express their individuality" . Is this specific to Cyberpunk universe or CDP went for woke crowd?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Graffiti and tattoos looked too sharp and good-looking to me. Graffiti specifically felt a bit too abundant and a bit too clean. This will probably be tuned for the final game.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
What really interest me if there is anything left of 2018 promise of verticality? I wouldn't be surprised If the apartment complex on which V lives will be the only mega building you can actually enter.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I don't think all that effort put into audiovisual design is wasted or superficial. You can clearly see that the game oozes cyberpunk atmosphere

You wouldn't know cyberpunk if it bit you on the arse mate. There is no punk here, it's in name only.

Well Mike Pondsmith seems to disagree, but i am sure you have a better grasp on what the genre is about than he does. Let me guess: More rain and trench coats, less sunshine?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom