Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I identify as a circumcised dickhead, so I will use the player character as a roleplaying vehicle for my actual character.
Gotta keep all the T's happy. Should put in a cyber dick-mod for them too, so they can fuck themselves.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

m_s0

Arcane

Quillon

Arcane
• When the tutorial ends, it's 6 years later and it starts where the E3 2018 gameplay demo began; with the "No Future" elevator
• There is a "Metriod-esque" trope at the start, where after the tutorial if flashes 6 years later and all your Cyberware and abilities are stripped away; forcing you to start from scratch

Just for a tutorial? How long is it? Or do they mean prologue? Cyberpunk 2071!? :P They say that they met with Dex and done that Maelstorm mission, that was after the elevator mission... :/

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
can i assault npcs and rip out their tech like in repo men?
You probably can, but will it be systemic or a scripted part of some quest? I'm pretty sure the latter.

I doubt their whole design philosophy will have shifted from Witcher 3 to something like being a free agent in an open cyberpunk world (in the way you would be a free agent in Mount&Blade for example).

AwesomeButton

Patron
Here is a good question for an interview, if someone wanted to do an interview for the codex: how do you reconcile freedom with providing the player the feeling of being part of a tailored movie-like experience? If you are a free agent in an open world, who can approach problems systemically, you inevitably trade the kind of "cinema-like immersion" for the "larper immersion".

Here is a good question for an interview, if someone wanted to do an interview for the codex: how do you reconcile freedom with providing the player the feeling of being part of a tailored movie-like experience? If you are a free agent in an open world, who can approach problems systemically, you inevitably trade the kind of "cinema-like immersion" for the "larper immersion".
We don't know what kind of experience it is for sure. They didn't talk/show much of game's content after the prologue part (which ends when your Pendejo Homie gets killed and you meet Silverhand on the junkyard, that you were dumped on).

Gargaune

Magister
25 min of gameplay with no commentary. Unfortunately video quality is kinda bad

Oh, man, this is making my new RTX 2070 sweat, what happened to that presumed graphical downgrade? CDPR, please make the game worse for everyone so I don't feel bad about my purchase.

Whipped Cream

Learned
Patron
Dod you know what a drag is having big breasts? It's a fuckin nightmare for the back.

Get the Titanium Spine 3000 implant for only 599 Eddies at Tinker Teddy's Ripperdock. Discounted to 499 if you get a boobjob at the same time. Minimal chance of cyberpsychosis. (in the rare event that implant causes cyberpsychosis Tinker Teddy's Ripperdock is not legally responsible for any damage caused to life or property). Spine comes with 3 optional USB knowledge expansion slots, in case you want to dazzle the boys not only with your glorious J cups, but also with your knowledge of microbiology.

The Titanium Spine 3000. Remember: Your tits are not too big for your back. Your back is too weak for your glorious tits.

norolim

Arcane
OK, watched it. Visuals look good. Gameplay... difficult to say. Enemies are bullet sponges, so gun combat may be shit. Melee combat is definitely shit. No way to know, what the driving model is like. There weren't enough dialogues to rate the writing, but the male V definitely sounds edgy. Difficult to say anything about RPG elements, because they didn't show any.
I like the setting, thought, so even if it's just a cyberpunk action adventure, I'll probably give it a go.

PS: the correct term is dickperson you fucking bigot
The correct term is dickperchild, you misogynist.

Streamers are going to be in the game!

If you can brutally murder Jesse Cocks, the game is 10/10 IGN.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Oh, man, this is making my new RTX 2070 sweat, what happened to that presumed graphical downgrade? CDPR, please make the game worse for everyone so I don't feel bad about my purchase.

Don't you ever play AAA games on that RTX 2070 of yours? Dude, those graphics in the video you quoted are NOT impressive. Enough with the polish nationalist pride/ cdpr shilling please. Or else i will flood this thread with videos from modern AAA games that look better than this. Don't push me.

Quillon

Arcane
Don't push me.

latest

Robber Baron

Savant
If we're talking about graphical quality/fidelity, Destiny 1 still holds a special place in my heart. And it was a PS3/PS4 game with no fancy (((raytracing))) and full day/night cycle.

BNzDCFT.jpg

2wIA2IG.jpg

PRJRAHt.jpg

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Given that the CGI pipeline in modern games is going from high poly to low poly, and textures are usually kept in raw format for further tweaks, there's nothing that can stop CDPR to release the drastically enhanced version for next consoles, with little work put into it. I bet the population density in cities is also dynamically scalable, so they can crank this up too with relative ease.

TLDR: The game CAN look kickass on new consoles and PCs if CDPR WANT it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So much talk about graphics... the least important thing in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom