Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

CoronerZg

Augur
Speaking of mods... are there any for tweaking the horrendous HUD yet?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I doubt that they will pull a Risen 2. If they aren't bullshitting us, it was a publisher decision that made Risen 2 what it was.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
In before Piranha Bytes' corporate master force them to dumb down Elex 2 in order to achieve mass market appeal.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Elex was on sale recently so I finally got around to buying it (the price was extortionate on release).

If you're not too far yet I HIGHLY recommend the Overhaul mod that changes some items and weapon stats around and brings many other welcome changes, since the OG balancing was pants-on-head retarded. The early phase was a combat-devoid adventure game and from the mid-game on it was a mind numbing roflstop devoid of any challenge.

I'm on my 2nd run now with the mod and so far it's a MUCH better experience.
Just erased all my saves and installed the mod. Now i can't remember what kind of difficulty i was playing on. Any recommendations considering the mod changes?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just erased all my saves and installed the mod. Now i can't remember what kind of difficulty i was playing on. Any recommendations considering the mod changes?

Ad difficulty - I'm about 30 hours in now and I'm very comfortable with Normal. The retuned weapons make killing early/midgame mobs easier (i.e. viable) but you're still stuck with the vanilla armour progression so you're kindda a glass canon until lvl25. On lvl17 I can kill Molochs and Slugbeasts but I get two-shotted. Personally I prefer trash mobs to be relatively quick to dispatch and if I want challenge I venture into more dangerous territories. I may switch to Hard late game when I'm roflstomping everything.

In general I love what they did with the balance. I play a melee Zerk and the weapon balance is perfect RN. Also they overhauled the Elex potions so you can't just spam dozens of stat points in a short time. Apparently there's a huge improvement to range but my last run was a range Cleric and it was boring. Melee has been always lightyears more fun in PB games.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the endgame gear requirements. Most of the legendaries and class 3 weapons have 85+ reqs and I just don't know if imma get that high, now that Elex potions aren't as easily spammable. Maybe a slight oversight on the part of the mod authors.

Shadowfang

Arcane
cvv the mod so far is amazing and it made, at least the early game, much more enjoyable. I am doing a ranged beserker and a melee cleric and i am having much more fun fighting than runing around with an npc doing the killing instead while i exploit the hell of the terrain.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
cvv the mod so far is amazing and it made, at least the early game, much more enjoyable. I am doing a ranged beserker and a melee cleric and i am having much more fun fighting than runing around with an npc doing the killing instead while i exploit the hell of the terrain.

Yeah, PB did a piss poor job balancing this game, that's for sure. A price for a small team I guess, Kingdom Come is also amazing and the balance is also a shitshow.

Shadowfang

Arcane

Yeah, PB did a piss poor job balancing this game, that's for sure. A price for a small team I guess, Kingdom Come is also amazing and the balance is also a shitshow.
I already enjoyed this game but with this mod and the tips from click4gameplay i am liking it even more. Before i could only defeat enemies in single combat but i just wiped an outpost with 10 reavers next to your camp, and it was fun.
I also managed to defeat Duras with my aspiring Cleric while wearing no armor. He could still 2 shoot me but i am playing much better.

I am doing both playthroughs in difficult difficulty.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I got a new gaming rig after 10 years. Going thru Underrail right now on hard and afterwards will slam fuck this game a few times.
Buy a brand new powerful rig, first game you try is Underrail :salute:

Also download the overhaul mod for Elex (discussed ITT a few pages back) and play with that, thank me later.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
gameplay overhaul mods on a first playthrough are for gigantic fags

also it is extra heresy to befoul the perfection of ELEX with illegal modifications

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom