Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Given that the CGI pipeline in modern games is going from high poly to low poly, and textures are usually kept in raw format for further tweaks, there's nothing that can stop CDPR to release the drastically enhanced version for next consoles, with little work put into it. I bet the population density in cities is also dynamically scalable, so they can crank this up too with relative ease.

TLDR: The game CAN look kickass on new consoles and PCs if CDPR WANT it.

You realise this IS the version for next gen consoles, right? The new consoles are barely at RTX 2080 ti levels..... There is no way in hell they have more demanding graphics than that, and remember consoles also target 4K, so if you think they will play this at 4K with increased details and higher NPC counts, you are delusional. The game on current gen consoles will be looking NOWHERE NEAR how it looks on that footage....

Child of Malkav

Erudite
They seem to be targeting the same market that Bethesda holds the monopoly over. FPS, RPGish, open world bla bla bla, except this game is made by, you know, actual competent people. Hm, maybe CDPR will kill Bethesda. One can hope.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Given that the CGI pipeline in modern games is going from high poly to low poly, and textures are usually kept in raw format for further tweaks, there's nothing that can stop CDPR to release the drastically enhanced version for next consoles, with little work put into it. I bet the population density in cities is also dynamically scalable, so they can crank this up too with relative ease.

TLDR: The game CAN look kickass on new consoles and PCs if CDPR WANT it.

You realise this IS the version for next gen consoles, right? The new consoles are barely at RTX 2080 ti levels..... There is no way in hell they have more demanding graphics than that, and remember consoles also target 4K, so if you think they will play this at 4K with increased details and higher NPC counts, you are delusional. The game on current gen consoles will be looking NOWHERE NEAR how it looks on that footage....

How can Bethestard not love this game, but instead bash it so much? Is this some kind of rivalry like football hooligans have? Basically throwing hissy fit that MY TURD is better than YOUR TURD?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They seem to be targeting the same market that Bethesda holds the monopoly over. FPS, RPGish, open world bla bla bla, except this game is made by, you know, actual competent people. Hm, maybe CDPR will kill Bethesda. One can hope.

Its not RPGish when a quest has 7 different ways to complete it, or when you have skill trees within skill trees, different origin stories that effect the entire game, and so much other proper rpg shit. This is a proper rpg, in first person with real time combat...

Wunderbar

Arcane

Its not RPGish when a quest has 7 different ways to complete it, or when you have skill trees within skill trees, different origin stories that effect the entire game, and so much other proper rpg shit. This is a proper rpg, in first person with real time combat...
it's CDPR we're talking about, none of this will matter in the end.
Leveled equipment, spongy enemies, skills and perks like "plus 40 to hp" or "plus 10 to attack". Three dialogue options on average: "give me quest", "let's play cybergwent" and "i should go", and when you press option 1 your voiced protagonist blurts something unexpected like it's a [sarcastic] option.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
and when you press option 1 your voiced protagonist blurts something unexpected

Not just that either. When you press an option, you [often] get a conversation where you have no input for the next so or so lines.

Doktor Best

Arcane

it's CDPR we're talking about, none of this will matter in the end.
Leveled equipment, spongy enemies, skills and perks like "plus 40 to hp" or "plus 10 to attack". Three dialogue options on average: "give me quest", "let's play cybergwent" and "i should go", and when you press option 1 your voiced protagonist blurts something unexpected like it's a [sarcastic] option.

Name me one RPG where every choice matters? You act as if there are games out there with hundreds of quest outcomes that all play into the main quest... Sometimes, different endings to a quest can be something worthwhile in of itself in order to flesh out your character and carve out the story little by little.

Don't know about you guys, but in my book, Witcher 3 was already pretty impressive in terms of C&C.

About the skill tree, we will see. Yeah Witcher 3 was lacking in that department, but they promised improvement and previewers claim it did indeed improve.

norolim

Arcane
I'll believe it, when I see it. So far, they've been marketing it as Grand Theft Auto: 2077 Cyberpenises.

Curratum

I don't understand why anyone would expect something more than GTA Future with some light skillchecks and behind the scenes dice rolls tacked on here and there.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
How can Bethestard not love this game, but instead bash it so much? Is this some kind of rivalry like football hooligans have? Basically throwing hissy fit that MY TURD is better than YOUR TURD?

I don't hate the game. I will probably platinum it. But the rpgcodex mentality has been rubbing on me lately. Like a proper bonafide rpgcodexer, i need to bash to the death the game i will be spending hundrends of hours of my life on. That's tradition, man.

Gargaune

Magister
Get the Titanium Spine 3000 implant for only 599 Eddies at Tinker Teddy's Ripperdock. Discounted to 499 if you get a boobjob at the same time. Minimal chance of cyberpsychosis. (in the rare event that implant causes cyberpsychosis Tinker Teddy's Ripperdock is not legally responsible for any damage caused to life or property). Spine comes with 3 optional USB knowledge expansion slots, in case you want to dazzle the boys not only with your glorious J cups, but also with your knowledge of microbiology.

The Titanium Spine 3000. Remember: Your tits are not too big for your back. Your back is too weak for your glorious tits.
Quick, someone with twatter, tell CDPR to add telescopic boob spikes like in Nemesis 4! Can't find it on Google, but you all know it.

seems they have eliminated NPC crowds to achieve/preserve good looks

gta V has more NPCs in its strip club than afterlife and lizzie's here...
Didn't even notice, already forgot what they showed last year. I sure hope November 2020 doesn't turn into "next Friday" at this rate.

Don't you ever play AAA games on that RTX 2070 of yours? Dude, those graphics in the video you quoted are NOT impressive. Enough with the polish nationalist pride/ cdpr shilling please. Or else i will flood this thread with videos from modern AAA games that look better than this. Don't push me.
Only Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Deus Ex 4 since I've put the rig together. KCD is a-ok, but DX4 gets moody if I turn MSAA on.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Watched the gameplay again and it doesn't seems to have a lot of dialogue options when comes to conversation. It's only one or , max three.
Also compared to the first gameplays , the city has a lot less people around. Quite dead compared to the first gameplay.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Once again, folks: this game turns out to be very expensive. TW3 has final budget of $85 million, this one is even more expensive. And this money should be brought back and with significant profit, so the game wouldn't become a "bomb" and won't sink the company. Because of this, priorities are set up: "We need something, that will help us sell the game. Streamer cameos? OK. Genital customization? OK. Woke agenda? OK. Cinematics, cutscenes and eye-candy? OK. C&C, interesting dialog systems and elaborate RPG mechanics? Nope. Who the hell needs this shit? Autists from RPGCodex? I guess we could live without this 250 sales".

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
1fvvf8cko4751.jpg

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Where's the three-mouthed whore

Why do you need a three mouthed whore? Do you have 3 dicks?

Once again, folks: this game turns out to be very expensive. TW3 has final budget of $85 million, this one is even more expensive. And this money should be brought back and with significant profit, so the game wouldn't become a "bomb" and won't sink the company. Because of this, priorities are set up: "We need something, that will help us sell the game. Streamer cameos? OK. Genital customization? OK. Woke agenda? OK. Cinematics, cutscenes and eye-candy? OK. C&C, interesting dialog systems and elaborate RPG mechanics? Nope. Who the hell needs this shit? Autists from RPGCodex? I guess we could live without this 250 sales".

That's why they got Keanu as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom