Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode 1: The Gig Trailer, Braindance Gameplay Footage and Previews

sqeecoo

Arcane
I don't like the first person thing somehow, and while it looks very nice if horribly garish in color, I don't care about that all that much - nor do I care too much about the combat, which was pretty shitty in all the witcher games. It's the story and the C&C that matters, which we haven't seen yet and that worries me a bit. Still, I trust CDProjekt enough to believe it will be a labor of love, not a cash grab (if they wanted a cash grab they could have milked the Witcher for 1000000 more sequels). Doesn't mean that it'll be good, but I don't expect it to be popamole.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Am I the only one that is not impressed? It looks like a typical cyberpunk open world FPS...Where are the fucking RPG elements, where are the massive dialogue trees? Is this game gonna be a "cinematic" FPS? Where's the overall "RPG" gameplay and feeling? Even the crappy outer worlds looks more RPG than this...

No RPG gameplay here mate, it's all popamole. Waste of the PnP licence
Popamole with levels. Can't wait to complete the next main quest and level up, so all my bullets magically do +3 damage.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
With 1st person you save frames-per-second because the fov is smaller, but you also feel more constrained - because the fov is smaller.

I've always regarded the "1st person is more immersive" talk as purely PR bullshit for the suckers. What's immersive about losing 1/3 of my field of vision?

On the other hand, 3rd person would be more demanding on the hardware, which will already be strained. 3rd person also comes with the need to think about contextual animations for climbing stairs, leaning on walls, etc.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This is a disgusting trailer. It's essentially a movie trailer. Contemporary music, explosions, guns and swearing. Let's cater to the lowest common denominator. Disgusting.

Seriously it looks like an Oceans Eleven movie. What's this horrible future with wondrous tech and hopeful laughing people having the best time of their lives?

Gwendo

Augur
Driving looks weak, like kart driving. The shooting part of combat is underwhelming (in general, I don't like FPS combat where enemies are bullet sponges as if we're using water gun toys *cough* Borderlands *cough*), but forunately there's plenty of alternatives (melee, skills/gadget, stealth, etc).

Graphics-wise, I'm satisfied. Not overwhelmed, but not disppointed. We all knew that CDP would tone it down, just like they did with The Witcher 3, which still looks very good, anyway. A little less popping would be apreciated, but not very important.

I loved The Witcher 3 (after the alternative combat controls were implemented), so I can expect that CP2077 won't be any less enjoying. So I'm still looking forward to this game.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Yes it looks really tame. The writing is tame the characters feel meh, models are mostly mediocre with some occasional good looking one. In a setting that is supposed to tantalize you weird shit... You can feel the money and eurojank roots being polished to an absurd degree and to satisfy all the normies. I guess we shall see when it comes out. I expect that Shadowrun shitty fps with a sandbox strapped on top of it.

waken

Educated
That Braindance stuff looks tedious af, like Witcher senses x10. Is it too much to ask for an ARPG to just have fun combat and to skip all these pointless minigames?

This chick from cdpr -> Hollie Bennett...
Is HOT.
I would totally bang her.
Codexians threatening to shoot women, some things never change.
tenor.gif

ckmishn

Novice
Anytime I see a trailer for CP2077 I think "this game may be decent."

Anytime I see media coverage of said trailer I think "damn it, this game is going to suck, isn't it?"

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is a disgusting trailer. It's essentially a movie trailer. Contemporary music, explosions, guns and swearing. Let's cater to the lowest common denominator. Disgusting.

Seriously it looks like an Oceans Eleven movie. What's this horrible future with wondrous tech and hopeful laughing people having the best time of their lives?

Trailer is awfull but popamole is good for initial sales, rpg elements are good for long term sales. I am probably low key delusional since I want a good Cyberpunk rpg after Shadowrun Dragonfall but it is very possible that there is some good stuff in there they are not showing.
If you look at the trailers for Fallout New Vegas, which is an incline shooty rpg in my book, the trailers are certainly better, since they focus on weapon diversity and odd scenarios next to guns and explosions aswell, but they dont scream hardcore rpg either.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I suppose it's the same as always: the more you show your game before publishing it, the more the audience will affect the result, proportionally increasing the shittiness of the game when published.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!

So every cyberpunk setting needs to be full of depressed people to hammer the point home that it’s a „horrible future“? Come on, this is SJW level logic.

On the contrary, watching people having a good time in a dystopian world is exactly what makes it even more nightmarish.

This is not really a specific defense of CP2077, which I think will be shit, but I think your point and it’s implications for the cyberpunk genre are wrong.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Cool story bro. Go read some Gibson

Cyberpunk worlds are dark and depressing by definition, they aren't college field trips to Jersey shore. If it's not dark and moody it's not punk, but plain modern futurism (like C2077). Have you read any cyberpunk works that weren't grim?

On the contrary, watching people having a good time in a dystopian world is exactly what makes it even more nightmarish.

On the other hand retards like this gonna retard

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy

Cyberpunk worlds are dark and depressing by definition, they aren't college field trips like portrayed here. If it's not dark and moody it's not cyberpunk, but plain modern futurism (like C2077). Have you read any cyberpunk works that weren't grim?

Welcome to Jurassic Cyberpark, we'll have a lot of fun! :popamole:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Cyberpunk worlds are dark and depressing by definition, they aren't college field trips to Jersey shore. If it's not dark and moody it's not punk, but plain modern futurism (like C2077). Have you read any cyberpunk works that weren't grim?

The ability to comprehend misery comes with age.

I used to read Chandler's stories and books in high school and thought they were cool. Now I read them at twice the age I was the first time, and I see they are bleak.

By chance I watched one of the movies where Gibson wrote the screenplay last night. Indeed it was emanating more noir mood than the game has so far in its trailers, but don't forget trailers are meant to promote. The dramatic and the misery will still be featured, this is CDPR.

Less serious cyberpunk decided to disconnect from whiny edgelord retards like you and is labeled as postcyberpunk (transmetropolitan, remember me, etc), which Cyberpunk 2077 does not fit into.

Punk doesn't stand for dark and grim by the way, you triple retard.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It doesn't, it stands for raw and gritty. Cyberpunk though *is* dark and grim, in the same way you are a rampaging homosexual.

Israfael

Arcane
I wonder how people deluded themselves in believing this will be an RPG, and not GTA with cyber-schlong and vegana, consdering the budget and aspirations of CDPR. Unbelievable :lol: In addition, it's hilarious to see how the graphix-tards on mainstream Russian tech-related or gaming sites are now going ballistic with the graphical downgrades they see (not sure if it's there, as I never really paid attention to the CyberGTA marketing), it's just a thing to watch and behold :salute:

AwesomeButton

Patron
I would ask what graphics downgrade do they mean, but I'm sure no one has any idea, apart from "there are fewer NPCs in the latest footage".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom