Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

eilef

Educated
The more videos i watch on youtube, the more i get the feeling this game will be CDPR take on Deus Ex. I just hope there is option to remove damage numbers popping up in combat.

Danikas

Arcane
image_cyberpunk_2077-42306-2618_0023.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-42306-2618_0019.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-42306-2618_0007.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-42306-2618_0004.jpg
image_cyberpunk_2077-42306-2618_0017.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-42306-2618_0003.jpg

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They seem to be targeting the same market that Bethesda holds the monopoly over. FPS, RPGish, open world bla bla bla, except this game is made by, you know, actual competent people. Hm, maybe CDPR will kill Bethesda. One can hope.

Its not RPGish when a quest has 7 different ways to complete it, or when you have skill trees within skill trees, different origin stories that effect the entire game, and so much other proper rpg shit. This is a proper rpg, in first person with real time combat...

All you listed sounds fine on paper, but I’d rather wait until they reveal ”how” exactly the character systems affect the hands-on gameplay before going all the way to ”proper RPG”.

So far it doesn’t sound much more than Fallout 4 with better narrative/quest design.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Who really cares... overcomplicated shooter with overcomplicated interface... it will be nightmare to play this... and whole design makes my eyes bleed...
I watched few gameplays, read few AAR from journalists and im just unhappy how it looks and plays, it almost feel like shooter on steroids with all unecessary dialogues and story part for fucking with crpg audience.
:discohitler:

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Who really cares... overcomplicated shooter with overcomplicated interface... it will be nightmare to play this...
Even on highest difficulty it will be a cakewalk, I'm sure - thanks to gamepad-in-mind balance and all that cyber-gimmicks like see through walls etc shit once you get used to it, of course. There's no way AI will be capable of providing any challenge to some minmaxed perks combination. But even if you're lazy to get used to it - just set easy difficulty, mash some AwesomeButton and voila! Next cut scene as you ordered, sir.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Something curious in the video was how rare women with big boobs were. You would think that in a world where body extension and upgrades are ubiquitous more women would have customized these parts.

Dod you know what a drag is having big breasts? It's a fuckin nightmare for the back.

Man if only the game was set in a world where there are cybernetic enhancements for people's bodies and you can augment your back to support more weight easily.

Only insecure whores would chose to spend their limited cyberwear enhancement "slots" due to cyberpsychosys to make their breasts larger, and then use some more of that precious resource to augment the spinal column. :)

insecure whore no. 1: Hey! watcha doin!?
insecure whore no.2 : Fine! I just came ot from da ripperdoc! I am one tit size away until cyberpsychosis! The bigger da tits, da more slots it cost me, but it's so worth it!

:)

And only anime-loving prepubescent idiots would think that if Cyberpunk world was real, there will be enough women willing to enlarge their tits in such large numbers that they will not be rare and would pop out at every corner.

Last edited:

Rodcocker

Arbiter
An immersive game where at any moment the illusion can be shattered by meeting a character based on a real life douchetuber or "influencer". Total cringe.

Can't wait until the inevitable sexual assault allegations and patch drama though.

Only insecure whores would chose to spend their limited cyberwear enhancement "slots" due to cyberpsychosys to make their breasts larger, and then use some more of that precious resource to augment the spinal column. :)

Should be fairly common then, considering how common they've made tattoos and garish hair dye which are also things that only insecure whores do.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

Should be fairly common then, considering how common they've made tattoos and garish hair dye which are also things that only insecure whores do.

You must live in SJW land then. Not Whore-land.

9787549.jpeg

Zer0wing

Cipher
Know for sure, these lads sold me RTX 3070/3080 for sure. As predicted, second hand RTX 2080 TI is not gonna cut it, even if superclocked at 2400mhz with custom watercooling loop, ain't gonna stick that turd into it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
An immersive game where at any moment the illusion can be shattered by meeting a character based on a real life douchetuber or "influencer".
Only if you know about youtubers, which would be your first mistake.

Personally, I'm more excited by the perspective of watching codexian prudes play as female lesbian V in order to be able to romance Judy.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
The male protagonist voice (did't hear the nowadays female voice) is different.
Now he sounds like an edgy jerk compared to the voice from the last reveal where Jackie dies.

Can you choose the voice at character creation?

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I overheard somewhere that the voice tone changes depending on lifepath.
This seems to be the case.
2:53 for Copro voice
4:10 for Nomad voice

Music and other voices kinda drown them out but clear difference from other trailers and past footage.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Can't even play as a non-augmented, neo-ludite that hunts down cyberfreaks and tech overlords.
"RPG"
1577311341064.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom