Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Erikkolai

Learned
*** ending spoilers ***

I figure PB have likely had to select a canon ELEX ending, to build on for ELEX 2. The fate of the Autist-In-Chief seems extremely essential.

They'll probably go with the 'Berserker ending' where the Pilgrim uses mana to reform Autismo to benefit mankind. Seems like the most original & interesting one.

On the other hand, they might just ignore the endings and come up with something new. Continuity has never been their strong suit. :?
Trying to convince myself to do a Berserker run this summer...

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Speaking of Elex, where the heck is Elex 2. I've been waiting for it for years and it's still not here. Piranha Bytes should stop dicking around and release Elex 2 instead of showing us Gothic remakes.
Even the Elex 2 thread is slow due to a lack of any significant news.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Either they announce it at the digital Gamescom thingie on August 28 or it won't be released this year.

xuerebx

Erudite
cvv the mod so far is amazing and it made, at least the early game, much more enjoyable. I am doing a ranged beserker and a melee cleric and i am having much more fun fighting than runing around with an npc doing the killing instead while i exploit the hell of the terrain.

Yeah, PB did a piss poor job balancing this game, that's for sure. A price for a small team I guess, Kingdom Come is also amazing and the balance is also a shitshow.

I'm currently torn up between Elex or Kingdom Come, funny you mentioned both. Which do you like best if I may ask?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
cvv the mod so far is amazing and it made, at least the early game, much more enjoyable. I am doing a ranged beserker and a melee cleric and i am having much more fun fighting than runing around with an npc doing the killing instead while i exploit the hell of the terrain.

Yeah, PB did a piss poor job balancing this game, that's for sure. A price for a small team I guess, Kingdom Come is also amazing and the balance is also a shitshow.

I'm currently torn up between Elex or Kingdom Come, funny you mentioned both. Which do you like best if I may ask?

I love both but if I HAD to chose only one I'd go for KCD. It's way more ambitious, it's trying new, experimental things, sometimes failing, other times succeeding spectacularly, and I like that. Its writing, story and characters are in a completely different league than Elex plus it's not just a great storyfag game with shit gameplay like Witcher 3 either, it's chock full of great gameplay systems too.

Then again if you don't like history, if you don't care about writing in your RPGs, if realism is boring you or if you've watched KCD combat and weren't impressed then go for Elex, you'll have a blast.

Is this thing worth the current GOG price of admission? Haven't really played a PB game since Gothic 2 (except for the Risen 1 demo), uninstalled Twitcher 3 twice (semi-interactive Netflix movie, yawn), liked Kingdom Come Deliverance however out of the more recent Open World supposedly blockbusterz.

The Risens are also all on GOG sale, too.

Last edited:

retinoid

Savant
Is this thing worth the current GOG price of admission? Haven't really played a PB game since Gothic 2 (except for the Risen 1 demo), uninstalled Twitcher 3 twice (semi-interactive Netflix movie, yawn), liked Kingdom Come Deliverance however out of the more recent Open World supposedly blockbusterz.
If you go in knowing what to expect from a PB game with all their quirks and idiosyncracies then yes it is. It's a flawed game, but it has a lot of heart and the open world is well designed given the size of it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Risens are also all on GOG sale, too.
ELEX!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
On my 3rd replay of ELEX currently. Doing Outlaws this time, with a flamethrower. Not really into this faction at all. All the NPCs, apart from Rat, are just dull, foul mouthed morons and in a real scenario their whole trash heap cult would've disintegrated within weeks, unlike the Clerics and Berserkers who actually do have their shit together and are running a legit op. This is definitely my least favorite faction in any PB game I've played. The flamer isn't all that impressive either. Too slow, doesn't really pack that much punch. Virtually any other ranged weapon would be better. The real star of this run so far has been the eye opening experience of using grenades as an early game trouble solver. Damn! Never realized how great they were in the early game. Spamming them and the Alb "magic scrolls" really makes the game a whole lot easier. Tried dabbling with companions as well. Crony is the best one: reliably shoots a pretty decent laser which works well if you're also using ranged weapons, but the best part about the lil guy is that he comes equipped with a flashlight. Perfect for those dark rooms and tunnels!

Murk

Arcane
The flamethrower is basically a rocket launcher.

The 5 shot spray works well at near melee range since you can hit multiple times effectively murdering everything.

Unfortunately, plasma is just too good due to lightweight + flat trajectory + explosion.

I prefer shotguns and the laser rifle for ranged when not going berserker, but eh.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Elex is worth playing, heck all pb games are. You would not stop eating ice cream after tasting just vanilla, why stop with pb games?

Alright, I'm installing. My expectations aren't sky-high.

Give me something rewarding exploration similar to the Gothics, something that is less of a cutscene-fest as the Witcher is, and I'm likely fine. :fabulouslyoptimistic:

Erikkolai

Learned
How was Harley able to transport the ruined Raider all the way from the crash site up to the Center Camp?

:philosoraptor:

Zlaja

Arcane
Not really into this faction at all

Your taste in factions sucks. Chillin' with your homies in the desert Mad Max style is more fun then watering trees or eating grey goo like the Clerics.

The flamer isn't all that impressive either. Too slow, doesn't really pack that much punch

It was OP as fuck early on so they rightfully nerfed it. Also, you aren't forced to use the damn thing.

JDR13

Arcane
Alright, I'm installing. My expectations aren't sky-high.

Give me something rewarding exploration similar to the Gothics, something that is less of a cutscene-fest as the Witcher is, and I'm likely fine. :fabulouslyoptimistic:

I think it's great, but a lot will depend on whether you like the setting. It's not for everyone.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's really nice to see that PB did go back to their routes and deliver a game that people enjoy for very similar reasons they enjoyed Gothic.

...If this follows the Risen pattern we're doomed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom