Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Finally gotten into mapping, killed my first conqueror. Baran's extra spawns are a huge pain in the ass with all that area denial shit, I hope they aren't all like that. Tanky fuckers too, rares too longer to kill than bosses if they were in a bad spot.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
It's way too time consuming.
Clocked in like 400 hours into it, I'm never going back.
But it's by far the greatest ARPG, yes, better than Diablo II.

T. Reich

Arcane
FAKE NEWS.

I had played PoE for almost 7 years straight since OB until Metamorph when I decided that enough is enough.
2 months ago I reinstalled D2LoD that I hadn't touched all these years.

And lemme tell you, D2 is better.

PoE for a while now have been suffering from the same affliction as Median XL - Too. Much. Clutter. Too many features, and they keep adding more, unchecked and undeterred by any sense of reason or moderation.
D2 is better because less is more.
It is also better because it actually retains sense of difficulty.
AND IT'S SO MUCH SMOOTHER TO PLAY.

I only miss two things from PoE:
1) MAPS. Farming the same locations ad nauseum has never been my thing, and and thankfully PoE provided that. I don't thing I've ever run a single map in PoE more than 5 times in a row. I ain't chinese.
2) Loot filter. This one is fixable, there are loot filters for D2 now, I'm just too lazy to muck around with one.

Damned Registrations

AND IT'S SO MUCH SMOOTHER TO PLAY.
You have to be trolling. This is literally the reason I gave up trying to play D2 mods. Janky ass movement, needing to namelock or shift click to hit things, terrible pathing, getting body blocked by everything, even your own minions... PoE isn't as smooth as D3 was, but it's pretty close. Attacks target things intelligently, movement is easy and just paths around shit when it needs to, the only awkward part is picking shit up, which is mostly solved by a stricter loot filter so you rarely have to pick anything up.

Unless you're talking about connection issues, which I can relate to, but that's not a fault of the game itself. Even right at the start of the league it was running just fine for me, issues are on my end.

Damned Registrations

Attacks target things intelligently, movement is easy and just paths around shit when it needs to

Can't even fucking path from there to waypoint: https://i.imgur.com/s94DDEv.png
That is true, the stairs up/down in places are retarded too but you never run into them while mapping. Garden just needs to be bulldozed flat, retarded design.

The kind of thing you're using as an example is generally in my favour though. If I'm moving towards an enemy/item near a ledge and click slightly too far, I want to move as the crow flies, not take off at mach 5 in a random direction to circle around the whole level. If I need to get to the other side I'll be using blink anyways.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
pBAMNT2.png
vhYsCpB.png

Imagine nerfing Purposeful Harbinger but not nerfing Aura effect. Great game. Just stack a bunch of these. Theyre not even that expensive, 2-4ex for most of them.

WD0DrHq.png

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Or you just do it for survivabilities sake because each of your Brands has 20mil DPS already.

Gerrard

Arcane
Theyre not even that expensive, 2-4ex for most of them.
We're 1 week into the league, how much ex do you think the average player has? Are you fucking retarded?

Veelq

Augur
If i had to bet i would place it on Penance Brand crit with Maligaro gloves, that brand hits like a truck. Best ignite skill in the game if you convert damage ofc.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's great seeing reddit (the only place that GGG uses for feedback) turn against GGG.
:dance:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
It's great seeing reddit (the only place that GGG uses for feedback) turn against GGG.
Looks like the same amount of negativity like any other league we've had recently. League release just have been kinda shitty in general, and a crafting-heavy league like this isn't gonna work for most people who just wanna zoom zoom and slam (literally). Its a decent enough league though, and the crafting is incredibly powerful.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Fuck my life... trying to alt/regal spam +1fire/+1int on amulet, scouring and chancing after to maybe get a free alch. I sure as hell won't be doing that again....
c078c0b319.jpg

:dealwithit:

Gerrard

Arcane
Looks like the same amount of negativity like any other league we've had recently. League release just have been kinda shitty in general, and a crafting-heavy league like this isn't gonna work for most people who just wanna zoom zoom and slam (literally). Its a decent enough league though, and the crafting is incredibly powerful.
Did you see the thread about the new stash tabs? Did you see how they fucked up cluster jewels?

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

I prefer this sort of league for zoom zooming honestly; it's shit like legion or abyss that I hate, having to stop, click the thing, wait for monsters to spawn, chase monsters, then clean up loot. Makes you retread the same ground like 3 times. Just let me do the map. Delirium had the right idea, sad I missed it. Though I've kinda given up on this league too now because my connection is too shit.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Better invest in Lone Messenger before people start picking up on HoT/Storm Secret builds...

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Did you see the thread about the new stash tabs? Did you see how they fucked up cluster jewels?
Cluster jewels are fine in combination with the new crafting options we have from Harvest. With how powerful and build-defining cluster jewels are, it's a good thing for them to no longer be alt-spammable. Proper bases (ilvl 78+, 8 passive on large, 4-5 on medium, 2 on small) are usually 20-30c each. That's pretty affordable, and crafting for 1 socket and 1 notable that you want doesn't take a lot of currency either, especially with the new Harvest crafts. Getting 2 notable ones is more expensive, and it should be. Good mediums are usually around 15-20% more damage for a build, getting that kind of improvement for less than a few ex would make the game way too easy. It already is.

The 3 new stash tabs are utter insanity and totally ridiculous to have. I still don't get the fuzz about it though. Just don't buy them? A single non-premium tab does the same, it just doesn't look as pretty. But people don't have impulse control and feel the NEED to buy them. That's their idiocy, not GGGs. They just take advantage of it. Smart. People just need to stop wanting all the shit for free, or call every major improvement to the UI or gameplay itself a "Quality of Life" improvement which they feel entitled to get. The game is intricate and complex, and whether or not you can dump your oils in a special tab or a regular tab makes no fucking difference. The new stash-tab improvements they announced are gonna be huge and everything people could've asked for.

By the way, it's the same idiocy that makes people feel "forced" to chase the clear-speed meta when there really wasn't a reason to do so for a lot of leagues. Delirium pushed things too far for sure, and it's certainly nice to be able to clear maps quickly, but Meta or this league in particular really don't require you to go zoom-zoom. And even in Delirium, tanky builds that could do Sirus8, UElder or 20wave simulacrums were just as good to make currency as vroom-vroom builds were. Just stop looking at bigboi streamers, actually learn to play the game without just copypasting other peoples builds, and pick a playstyle you like. The game has profitable gameplay to offer for all types of builds.

As an example, just look at my build. Not optimized at all. Maybe 10ex worth of gear, started on a shoestring budget. Most of it I threw together myself with the new crafting options. I can still comfortably clear T16s in ~2minutes, with the boss being another 2 minutes because my singletarget sucks. I have a shit Ascendancy because I cba relevelling after my initial build idea crumbled, but I still make do and make ~3-5ex a day just by playing the game. And I can still get results like this from a single map. With a shitty Fireball Ignite Raider.
0d87f9ccf7.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Cluster jewels are fine in combination with the new crafting options we have from Harvest. With how powerful and build-defining cluster jewels are, it's a good thing for them to no longer be alt-spammable. Proper bases (ilvl 78+, 8 passive on large, 4-5 on medium, 2 on small) are usually 20-30c each. That's pretty affordable, and crafting for 1 socket and 1 notable that you want doesn't take a lot of currency either, especially with the new Harvest crafts. Getting 2 notable ones is more expensive, and it should be. Good mediums are usually around 15-20% more damage for a build, getting that kind of improvement for less than a few ex would make the game way too easy. It already is.
A large without 2 sockets is literally worthless, you can look at the trade site. And getting 2 sockets + 3 notables, 2 of which are ones you want, is pretty much impossible now. We're talking millions worth of chaos.
And that's after they nerfed every strong notable (and some not so strong ones too, for good measure). A 8-9 passive with 2 sockets and ONE good notable is 20+C. With two notables it's 150C. You live in some fucking fantasy land if you think that's fine.
Also, the harvest crafts don't do shit for crafting jewels because they only target one tag.

Oh yeah, and don't even get me started on the way they integrated Delirium into the core game.

The new stash-tab improvements they announced are gonna be huge and everything people could've asked for.
Those improvements will require you buy those premium tabs, assuming that they will even become reality and not end up like the in-game passive tree planner that was supposed to be added in 3.0. The same one that is in the Chinese version of the game.
You know your game is fucked when the CHINESE version is more user friendly.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom