Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
my client is broken right now. Am i only one and I should reinstall whole thing or just wait?

Client is buggy as fuck, but I managed to finish the daily quests I haven't touched in a week.

I don't know what the color challenge is, but it seems like you get fucked over with a shitty deck and the other person is free to pick whatever deck they want to play.
daily quests reset when expansion hits. You are supposed to drain them before that happens

I know, I don't care too much because I have tons of wild cards already.

The color challenge seems like something different from the daily challenge though.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What are decks you play against that if you were face to face with that person you'd uppercut them in the jaw over?

Because this game gets you VIOLENT, baby.

spectre

Arcane
Ah, my first premier draft was a nice 7:2
I might just like drafting this set.

Deck
1 Mazemind Tome (M21) 232
1 Finishing Blow (M21) 99
1 Waker of Waves (M21) 84
2 Frantic Inventory (M21) 50
1 Frost Breath (M21) 51
1 Cancel (M21) 46
1 Fetid Imp (M21) 98
2 Rousing Read (M21) 67
1 Pestilent Haze (M21) 118
1 Keen Glidemaster (M21) 54
1 Capture Sphere (M21) 47
1 Lofty Denial (M21) 56
1 Temple of Mystery (M21) 254
1 Grasp of Darkness (M21) 102
2 Mistral Singer (M21) 58
1 Rise Again (M21) 119
1 Barrin, Tolarian Archmage (M21) 45
1 Gloom Sower (M21) 100
1 Opt (M21) 59
1 Wishcoin Crab (M21) 86
1 Masked Blackguard (M21) 113
1 Short Sword (M21) 236
7 Island (UND) 89
8 Swamp (M21) 266

Someone passed Temple of Mastery as a 5th pick, guess that's the side effect of the copy protection.
Lofty Denial was so much better than it looked initially. Plenty of shit to trigger it, even if I'm paying 5, activating the Glidemaster.
UW and UB flyers might be rather op.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I despise Mill decks too. I think people who play Mill decks were meant to shoot up schools but for whatever reason, their fate was disrupted and this was what happened in their timeline. They now aimlessly haunt MTGA making you internally seethe.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Completely botched my limited experience up to now, first sealed 0-3, first premier draft at 0-1 already.
But the draft deck feels much stronger than the shit pod I had in sealed and the game was very close, so I hope the tide is turning now.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
somehow i keep thinking that mastery is meh deal but then...
looking only at things of value:
1.2k gems
token(lets say 750 gems for simplicity)
4k gold(600 gems)

with mastery cost 3.4k, if you substract gems you get in return - thats 850 gems.
For 850 gems you get 20 packs and 10 ICRs... I guess not bad

I always let the autists at reddit do the math for me on the Mastery pass value. Ever pass up until Ikoria was definilty worth its price. Ikoria was the worst pass by far and came close to just scratching 1-1 value compared to spending the gems on other stuff.
This one is a good 20% better than Ikoria, so its worth it again.

lol just played a game against a song of creation guy. On turn 4 he placed song of creation, then started casting free spells until his whole deck was milled
Bumped into that deck, it's pretty cool. I'd try it if I had the ambers. And the songs. And the oracles. And the Emry.

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I have played a lot more limited and have gotten better at it so that I am pretty much even now (Sealed 3-3 has a really high payout when you make it consistently) and holy shit Teferis Tutelage is the card to beat.
In a 40 card deck it ends the game so fast if not responded to and games are slow enough to safely play it T3 without losing the game. Highest impact uncommon in my experience.

I had most fun with red/green 4 power matters decks, which is to be expected since red is really good this time around with Scorching Dragonfire and Shocks, while green is kinda bad but is my favourite colour.
Izzet is really fun aswell, prowess in limited is so much high risk high reward.

No game above 3-3 yet, I might have to jump onto the UB UW Flyers plan. Maybe just not my type of format, blue dominant is not the magic I enjoy.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Okay I have a question as a Mono Black player, but recently I've been playing against many decks that run shit like "Hexproof from Black" like that one white knight card. How does one go about addressing this issue? I know that mass removal spells like Ritual of Soot can take hexproofers like that out, but is that the only way? Like he's invincible to being dealt damage and by extension, deathtouchers.

It is killing my soul.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Okay I have a question as a Mono Black player, but recently I've been playing against many decks that run shit like "Hexproof from Black" like that one white knight card. How does one go about addressing this issue? I know that mass removal spells like Ritual of Soot can take hexproofers like that out, but is that the only way? Like he's invincible to being dealt damage and by extension, deathtouchers.

It is killing my soul.

You are confusing hexproof from black and protection from black a bit here. Hexproof is only against spells and abilties, it does not protect against combat damage.
Protection helps against combat damage but is a lot rarer. Next to cry of the carnarium and soot black has one other really good out against it: Edict effects. Forcing your opponent to sacrifice creatures with Liliana or other cards kills protected creatures aswell.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
bGOVTiZ.png

Finally broke my curse and got a run better than 4-3.
Tutelage breaks the game, first pod where I got a Teferis Tutelage and instand 7-1. Massacre Wurm + Reanimate helped me stay alive aswell.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
as I recall, there were people in here claiming that teferis tutelage isnt constructed worthy

well...

y4mgq6iVdQ0WsIKlIQvEt6jtYPh-xTSslZyYCXKkS-1nxRuks4whDt_w_77KDRqTRl0XtahwPnGCoHBzwdNOaU2hvX9SvZOZmyHBaQU1V7M6_joKSxq7idYXbIY3cJzEhi3iTQ3ekL8TxKRNTAFu5yqbz3-Zw53nnsLCXhKfQKX4R7quWP1nXFCudIHWplTUywcLx1TDf4JlQO3UoNjnYM1Ig

Here is me milling both myself and opponent. Except opponent is milled at 2x rate. As with previous deck its basically turn 4 effective.

I am still not sold on it in constructed but I gotta say its one hell of a card in limited. Kills you so incredibly fast with a 40 card deck. You were definitly more right than me with your opinion on it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You are confusing hexproof from black and protection from black a bit here. Hexproof is only against spells and abilties, it does not protect against combat damage.

Does the Hexproof from Black thing also consider things like Deathtouch on black creatures? Like say, if I tried to block him with a Foulmire Knight which has Deathtouch, would it do the 1 damage still but the Deathtouch effect wouldn't work due to it being on a black card and thus seen as a spell/ability?

Oh my god I'm retarded, I just realized the Knight of Grace also has First Strike which trumps Deathtouch as well and that's probably where I went astray here.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

Does the Hexproof from Black thing also consider things like Deathtouch on black creatures? Like say, if I tried to block him with a Foulmire Knight which has Deathtouch, would it do the 1 damage still but the Deathtouch effect wouldn't work due to it being on a black card and thus seen as a spell/ability?

Oh my god I'm retarded, I just realized the Knight of Grace also has First Strike which trumps Deathtouch as well and that's probably where I went astray here.

Hexproof from X is only against abilties and spells that target, like normal Hexproof. It does not stop deathtouch. You got fucked by First Strike.

I love Knight of Grace and Knight of Malice, used to run a 4x Knight of Grace, 4x Knight of Malice, 4x History of Benailia deck in beta. Its unplayable now sadly.

This is the art stitched together:

QabsBXs.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom