Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
This is so sad :(
the only thing that is sad is that probably we will not see DL2 in this year
who gives a shit anymore. Without Avellone it's going to be another ubisoft-style checklist simulator.

and *with Avellone* it would have shook the foundations of gaming :roll:
DL is a run & gun shooter, which just happens to implement vertical movement in a somewhat enjoyable, Mirror's Edge yet freeform manner around a nice big, even if repetitive, urban environment, they managed to implement using money swindled out of EU on behalf of some spatial presentation project or the like. Thing is, the plot, while not typically cliched, was still serviceable at best.

That being said, as a story/combat-fag hybrid, I'd enjoy the zombie stomping even better, if the plot was actually decent, and MCA could potentially make it happen. As for the change of design, DL2 seems like it transitioned the setting from run of the mill "Zombies: Now" to a slightly less boring post-outbreak.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I read somewhere that they were modifying the contributions from Chris before all of this. It didn't fit their game or something of the sort. While I don't remember the source, this was supposed to have been said by a developer.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
only a totally retard or fool would delete, undo, all the work that is already payed and made.. that's just plain stupid and its not how business works At least not where i come from. and if they have their develop team as near as functional as their PR team no one will delete anything.. as i stated before... CA is still working.. from home or whatever. All the fuzz is for media and those SJ bullshit that everyone uses nowadays. bah
p14382321_v_v8_ad.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

With this being released I think Dying Light 2 might be in deep trouble.

For you that don't remember Hellraid was supposed to be stand-alone dungeon crawler of sorts... but got cancelled?

vota DC

Augur
This is so sad :(
the only thing that is sad is that probably we will not see DL2 in this year
who gives a shit anymore. Without Avellone it's going to be another ubisoft-style checklist simulator.

and *with Avellone* it would have shook the foundations of gaming :roll:
DL is a run & gun shooter, which just happens to implement vertical movement in a somewhat enjoyable, Mirror's Edge yet freeform manner around a nice big, even if repetitive, urban environment, they managed to implement using money swindled out of EU on behalf of some spatial presentation project or the like. Thing is, the plot, while not typically cliched, was still serviceable at best.

That being said, as a story/combat-fag hybrid, I'd enjoy the zombie stomping even better, if the plot was actually decent, and MCA could potentially make it happen. As for the change of design, DL2 seems like it transitioned the setting from run of the mill "Zombies: Now" to a slightly less boring post-outbreak.
Never played First game but played Dead Island. This dl2 reminds me more Arkham games for some reasons, Just with c&c that can change the enviroment.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
with baseless accusation no less. i support speaking out but every spoken statement should be thoroughly investigated before actions are taken. journalism 101. present both side's argument

thesecret1

Arcane
with baseless accusation no less. i support speaking out but every spoken statement should be thoroughly investigated before actions are taken. journalism 101. present both side's argument
Even if those accusations were 100% on mark... so what? They accuse him of being a stud that picks up drunk bitches on gaming conventions. Why should that be grounds for ending cooperation with him?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even if those accusations were 100% on mark... so what? They accuse him of being a stud that picks up drunk bitches on gaming conventions. Why should that be grounds for ending cooperation with him?
sexual harrasment is a real problem, the "investigating" part is part of separating if such acts are even considered a crime or not. "which it shouldn't" but you get real cases once in a while that warrants the police being involved (e.g actual rape/sex harassment cases). i don't think picking up girls at the club is a crime.

Squid

Arbiter
Dying Light 1's main problem was that the story was utter trash. And the itemization was shit, too.
You basically played the game for the parkour, not for the story.
I got to the second big map in the game and got tired of the loot and story and just parkoured everywhere, stomping zombie heads when I could and escaping if they required any use of my items. Was fun for an hour doing that and I never went back.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

With this being released I think Dying Light 2 might be in deep trouble.

For you that don't remember Hellraid was supposed to be stand-alone dungeon crawler of sorts... but got cancelled?

I remember Hellraid and thinking it looked like first person Diablo II. Thought it were an in-universe setting though, not this Ready Player One faggotry.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember Hellraid and thinking it looked like first person Diablo II. Thought it were an in-universe setting though, not this Ready Player One faggotry.

Yeah, why I'm thinking the studio might be in trouble money-wise. Taking some old beta build and throwing it in as a dlc for an already established game.

Danikas

Arcane
Yeah, why I'm thinking the studio might be in trouble money-wise. Taking some old beta build and throwing it in as a dlc for an already established game.
Meh if they have problem with cash they can still go public on stock market they didnt do that yet.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Well I never had hopes for this. With or without Avellone it never looked like Dying Light 1 to me (which I liked). But I really wanted to play Hellraid (as a standalone ofc). Now it looks like we will get neither Hellraid nor a proper DL successor, 2 opportunities down the drain

Harthwain

Magister
Is this game vapourware or what
Apparently it's not coming out this year.

Dying Light 2: "Total Disaster" vs "This is how you make games"

They don't have a vertical slice, they don't believe the game will be released this year, they don't know what it's supposed to be… Well, at least some of them. Techland employees tell us about the mood in the company, the unannounced game, rumors about the acquisition by Microsoft and (lack of?) cooperation with Chris Avellone.

"It's a fucking mess. Story direction, gameplay direction, the fundamental rules of a mechanic are constantly changing. Morale is down because they (the bosses - ed.) Have absolutely no idea what they're doing. The disorganization at the highest levels is embarrassing, it is still unknown what this game is supposed to be. A year before the premiere, other bands are worried about whether they will fix bugs. We don't even have a vertical slice!".

When?

In a statement published at the end of January, signed by President Paweł Marchewka, we read that Dying Light will not be released in spring 2020. The team wants to "deliver what it promised", but "need more time to implement its vision". More time... so how much more, I ask? Some employees bet the end of the year, some: the beginning of the next.

The first of my interlocutors claims that the president will aim for the holiday season, because "otherwise he will not get stuck financially, and he is not a philanthropist". So the team cuts what it can, because "with the current scale (project - editorial note) it will not close in 2020".
Second: "I don't know."
Third: "We're here a year before the game's premiere."
Fourth: "This year? There is no game."

"Fifth: I do not believe in 2020. While CD Projekt has already announced September, Techland did so wisely that it did not give a specific date. If, it will be a very ending ... but I would not be surprised if they still dragged on to 2021, because it is associated with many things. Techland needs to go public."

That is why, he adds, CFO Karol Bach (previously associated with mBank) joined the management board at the end of 2018. My source claims that Techland has a lot of money, but not enough money to do a "fantasy project" with Warsaw and - in parallel - another one in Wrocław. And no wonder, game production is getting more and more expensive, a person who knows the realities says that costs will soon increase by about 30%, because salaries keep going up.

Although during the last meeting with journalists, Techland hamleted the debut on the stock exchange (Marchewka: "if we want to develop so much, with such large projects and such a large number of projects that will exceed our financial capabilities, the stock exchange is one of the interesting solutions"), it is said that the debut on the stock exchange is a foregone conclusion...

...or perhaps "was a foregone conclusion"? Just before our publication, rumors reached the editorial office that Techland was to become one of Microsoft's studios. Such speculations have been circulating for some time (and in various media), and according to our informants, they should be confirmed (there is no agreement here) either in the latest "Game Informer" or during the publisher's conference on Thursday.

Except it's nonsense. Nobody in the studio knows anything about the takeover (regardless of the degree in Techland's structure!). In an interview with PolskiGamedev.pl, the residents of Wrocław denied the rumors both officially (they should soon issue a press release on this matter) and in private talks.
All of the above quotes are from 06.05.2020.

Removal

Scholar
"It's a fucking mess. Story direction, gameplay direction, the fundamental rules of a mechanic are constantly changing. Morale is down because they (the bosses - ed.) Have absolutely no idea what they're doing. The disorganization at the highest levels is embarrassing, it is still unknown what this game is supposed to be
seems to be the running theme of polish devs this year

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Schrodinger's RPG. Can't know whether it belongs in RPG Discussion until it exists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom