Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most prestigious post of the day

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Replace this block:
776961a5e0ecc7fadfec01a8bb0efb5f.png

With a list of most prestigious, funny, etc posts in the last 24 hours
51899fc9582f79e67a44c8fa2867e19d.png

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This NEEDS to happen.

Just like I need to put a gun to my head, pull the trigger, have my brains splatter across the screen before they seep into the monitor, transforming into digital light of a new illuminated age where they begin forming huge tentacles of raw data that can grab anything, anything available on the net including the true, sinister and raw source purpose of the "People", "Games" and "Companies" tabs.

One, two, three - here I go!

:badnews:

Falksi

Arcane
Yes, just place the incentive on people fishing for more ratings instead of making good posts, what could go wrong

Tbf, there's a zillion threads on a zillion things, and I like the idea of a "Highlight" thread.

It's easy to miss good posts, simply coz they're drowned out by other stuff.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You seriously think DU or Taluntain will program this shit? Either show a Xenforo plugin that does this or forget about it.

Erikkolai

Learned
I'm sure they'll consider changes such as this, right after they've finished implementing avatar upload functionality. Should be any moment now.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That page may be from 20 years ago. In any case, it was decided that custom avatars would shit up the forum, so that only avatars from games are allowed.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This functionality is not for brofist harvesting, it's for discoverability of decent posts. Sometimes they're so far deep in some obscure subforum that I miss most of the good stuff.

Semiurge

Cipher
That page may be from 20 years ago. In any case, it was decided that custom avatars would shit up the forum, so that only avatars from games are allowed.

Are you sure it wasn't because uploads rob the site of its precious bandwidth or something?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
There is a whole thread on this topic, going back to 2004. Pinned at the top of Site Feedback.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You can do "self-expression"* on other websites and social media. Don't taint the Codex with pointless "self-expression" such as custom avatars.

*Also, considering the majority opinion on this site, "self-expression" often means expressing their hatred towards people of color and as a black person, I can't stand contents like that. #BlackLivesMatter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom