Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
guy ritchie
Don't bring Guy Ritchie into this. His movies are fckn great!

Eh...
Snatch and Two Smoking Barrels are great. Still his best work (think I like more Two Smoking Barrels of the two).
The Sherlock Holmes movies and UNCLE were fun romps, but nothing special.
RocknRolla was overall mediocre (some good moments but ultimately the plot and most characters weren't interesting).
The rest is completely forgettable.
Still have to watch Revolver though...

Last edited:

Curratum

Also, anyone getting their nipples twisted over how good the game looks, obviously never played GTA V on PC, even without any mods.

Dodo1610

Arcane
These people have complained about the lack of the third pronoun for two years yet CDP haven't changed until now.
The outcry on twitter isn't even as big this time anyway, not even Kotaku complains about it anymore.

Last edited:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
The secret is they're never happy. Give them they/them, they'll bleat for xir/xan. Give them xir/him, they'll yell for high-polygon festering "vagina" wounds/penis removal injuries.

Just ignore the 0.5% on Twitter, never bend the knee.

ChildInTime

Learned
:thumbsup:

Y4pkpge.jpg

Terenty

Liturgist
Walks into a club, sidekick says it's the most famous club in Night City, absolutely deserted bar and 5 people walking around.

Immersion

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Walks into a club, sidekick says it's the most famous club in Night City, absolutely deserted bar and 5 people walking around.

Immersion
You could see Jackie was just a fanboy overhyping the bar :D

Anyway, dudes, I just finished watching Johnny Mnemonic, first time. I'm very impressed - the themes and the world are such that it's like the screenplay was written in the early months of this year, not in the early 90s. This William Gibson is quite the visionary. I just don't get why Mike Pondsmith doesn't seem to ever credit him as a source of inspiration.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, anyone getting their nipples twisted over how good the game looks, obviously never played GTA V on PC, even without any mods.
That's not really true. Sounds like you haven't played GTA V in a while. I'd say Cyberpunk is on par with RDR2, but GTA V is way lower-fidelity.

ChildInTime

Learned

Immersion
You could see Jackie was just a fanboy overhyping the bar :D

Anyway, dudes, I just finished watching Johnny Mnemonic, first time. I'm very impressed - the themes and the world are such that it's like the screenplay was written in the early months of this year, not in the early 90s. This William Gibson is quite the visionary. I just don't get why Mike Pondsmith doesn't seem to ever credit him as a source of inspiration.
At least CDPR is taking a lot of visual inspiration from the film version, Victor is literally ripped (heh) from Spider.

hgikqgpzixl21.jpg

Also read Hardwired if you haven't yet - Pondsmith even had it converted into CP2020, it's that close to his vision of cyberpunk.

latest

AwesomeButton

Patron
At least CDPR is taking a lot of visual inspiration from the film version, Victor is literally ripped (heh) from Spider.
Yep, I noticed that too.

I plan to start reading Gibson's work, but I wonder if I should start in the order of writing.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's a somewhat interesting bit in this vide about how stats influence gunplay, how it at first felt a bit icky, but as the numbers went up it started to feel better. The skilltree talk starts around 37 or so minutes.

Don't know what else there might be, but I'm not going to sit around watching 3 hours of this.

ChildInTime

Learned
There's a somewhat interesting bit in this vide about how stats influence gunplay, how it at first felt a bit icky, but as the numbers went up it started to feel better. The skilltree talk starts around 37 or so minutes.

Don't know what else there might be, but I'm not going to sit around watching 3 hours of this.

Yeah, they already mentioned it's basically Morrowind - shit in the beginning, pro in the end.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It's that thing you've been talking about non-stop at cdpr cyberpunk forum! They've been listening to you exclusively the all time.

Yosharian

Arcane

That's really cool to hear, sounds like they went for Deus Ex style approach

That woman is extremely annoying

Gerrard

Arcane
CYBERPUNK INFOS GATHERED FROM JOURNOS:

• You can choose between a circumcised and non-circumcised penis

*Infinitron rubbing his hands*
Good to know that even 50 years in the future, barbaric, tribalistic rituals are still alive and well.

Streamers are going to be in the game!

Now that is enough reason to not buy this game, if you still needed one.
Can't someone #metoo this guy now? That would be the best possible result.

Curratum

Now that is enough reason to not buy this game, if you still needed one.

Seriously, though. Something like this is so heavily indicative of the sort of game you are going to be playing, it can't be overstated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom