Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is cyberpunk 2077 going to be good

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Mature means something that is for people over 18, or over 21 in most countries. According to the surveys average player age is beyond that. So yes, plenty of mature people play games. I understand that our viewpoint is obscured by hyped immature 30 year old soyboys, who would gladly talk about pokemons with other 30 year olds, but thats still[i hope] minority of gamers right?

Cat Dude

Savant

Mature means something that is for people over 18, or over 21 in most countries. According to the surveys average player age is beyond that. So yes, plenty of mature people play games. I understand that our viewpoint is obscured by hyped immature 30 year old soyboys, who would gladly talk about pokemons with other 30 year olds, but thats still[i hope] minority of gamers right?

Most codexers here are over 30s and still play video games. No wonder sjw's woke culture spreads like wildfire because adults in the west mostly don't care about something more important in their lives. It is all about video games and entertainments.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Is cyberpunk 2077 going to be good

It is going to be the Codex RPGOTY, if this means it will be good, then it will be good.

i dont know. watched that new trailer and i couldnt get GTA of my head.. its like GTA VI

Yep...and again I still don't know what the fuck we're going to DO in this game. I see Night City, I see some quests, alright, but shit even GTA has quest-like structures now with heists and w/e. Hell a open-world cyberpunk MMO isn't by itself bad. But I keep getting told that 2077 is MORE than that. It'll be the light to spark off a new gen of RPGs or w/e but I just see...GTA with Cyberpunk. Which by itself, again, isn't bad, but it's not worth the hype?

It's been eight fucking years. The 10s were a cursed decade for game releases....

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
It might be good. I can tell you right now that it won't be bad, like the isometric indie trash shills are peddling here. At worst, it will be your average AAA storyfag game. At best, it will be another Witcher 3 with some GTA and Deus Ex mixed in.

Salvo

Arcane
Nope. The more I look at this game the less I actually expect from it. It will still sell a shit-ton, obviously, due to CD Projekt's somewhat unwarranted reputation as paragons of the videogame market.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yep...and again I still don't know what the fuck we're going to DO in this game. I see Night City, I see some quests, alright, but shit even GTA has quest-like structures now with heists and w/e. Hell a open-world cyberpunk MMO isn't by itself bad. But I keep getting told that 2077 is MORE than that. It'll be the light to spark off a new gen of RPGs or w/e but I just see...GTA with Cyberpunk. Which by itself, again, isn't bad, but it's not worth the hype?

It's been eight fucking years. The 10s were a cursed decade for game releases....
There is supposed to be a shitton of side missions. Which, again, is something that could be made to be good, but could be made to be boring and repetitive. I have confidence in CDPR making fun sidequests though, because I enjoyed Witcher 3's sidequests and they improved further in the expansions.

From a Polish source. Side missions/services/people to interact with:

-medics
-netrunners
-martial arts instructors
-ripperdocs
-techies
-sex workers
-You can go to a bar, have a drink

Map markers that are main/side quests or activities:

-Gun for Hire
-Search and Recover
-Thievery
-Agent Saboteur
-SOS Merc Needed
-Special Delivery
-Traveling Vendor
-Convoy.

You can get jobs from fixers or help NCPD so you will find following markers:

-Fixer
-Client
-NCPD Scanner Hustles
-Assault in Progress
-Suspected Organized Crime Action
-Illegal Entry
-Reported Crime
-Cyber Psycho Sighting
-Suspected Smuggling Activity

So it seems even though you cant join the police you can still help them out as a freelancer and psycho squad is still in the game.

Ideally, I imagine playing it like Witcher 3. Turn off the map markers, and every evening explore the world for a couple of hours doing sidequests, with each sidequest being like an episode in a tv series.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
There are two possibilities:

1) CP77 will be a casual shit and hence it will earn a lot of money.
2) CP77 will be a good RPG and hence an economical failure.

In any case it will be the last attempt in history to create an AAA RPG.

Edit: Ok, there is a third possibility:
3) CP77 will be a casual shit and also an economical failure.

The third outcome is the best outcome.

Last edited:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Most codexers here are over 30s and still play video games. No wonder sjw's woke culture spreads like wildfire because adults in the west mostly don't care about something more important in their lives. It is all about video games and entertainments.

Actually, video games are better than most things one can do in western society. I mean, let's assume you didn't play video games, what else would be there? Work all day so filthy rich scum can get 100$ profits per hour while you get 10$ as a salary? And bring that small change to a spoiled woman and spoiled brat kids who will never appreciate you, never obey you, and never repay you in any way shape or form? Spend time with a woman that is most likely to fuck other men behind your back, possibly get pregnant by them and let you pay for the bastards, and even divorce-rape you afterwards?

Perhaps political activism? You really want to go into the cesspool that is modern politics and have to deal with hypocritical snakes who only care about the no1? Yet you are supposed to spend your freetime so they can advance THEIR interests?

What else? Go nightclubbing so you can get in line to fuck used up drunk and drugged whores who have fucked every other guy in the club at some point before you, get STDs, spend money, and 5-6 years later you get your career destroyed after false allegations of rape? Or even worse, end up in jail?

Seriously, please by all means, tell us what is more "adult" and better usage of our free time than video games....

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Ideally, I imagine playing it like Witcher 3. Turn off the map markers, and every evening explore the world for a couple of hours doing sidequests, with each sidequest being like an episode in a tv series.

I wish the map, mini-map, aim assist and other HUD stuff where tech upgrade that you could buy and install, instead of just options to turn on/off in the menu

typical user

Arbiter
Yeah Ubisoft figured out compass with floating markers regardless of your distance works better as you do not have to focus on small part of the screen with mini-map. Hoped CDPR would do the same.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
I just can't look at Cyberpunk colour palette plus design of the UI etc.,horrible, other thing is it all looks like overcomplicated shooter with clunky interface and asswiped mechanics.
Kind of like System Shock, right?

Based on what has been seen, I'd say that it's already good. What remains to be seen is how poisoned the writing will be for various NPCs and quest lines; one MUST expect some measure of this though, because that's the subject matter. Those NPCs (and points of view) would exist in the Cyberpunk setting. It couldn't ring true without them.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Might be good, might be bad. In some respects. But gameplay looks really boring; and somehow I don't believe their general character systems design and 200+ perks are going to be all that interesting mechanically to keep the momentum going throughout the whole "shitloads of content".

Dunno...

:M

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Big Game Studios are leaning towards alternate-life reaction sims. We will see if the character options are each just forms of empowerment, rather than some being active weakness, and limitations; character traits that can be used against the PC, and that cut off certain options.

It's no good if there are simply five ways to succeed, and no (long) paths to failure. I want to see NPCs hacking the protagonist's implants due to their own expertise or the character's lack of maintenance; causing deliberate targeting assist errors, and false opponents to appear; causing the PC's cyber-arm to try to strangle them, or have the enemy hacker shout laughingly, "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself! :lol: " as the PC's powered fist is breaking their own jaw by remote control.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
I want to see NPCs hacking the protagonist's implants due to their own expertise or the character's lack of maintenance; causing deliberate targeting assist errors, and false opponents to appear; causing the PC's cyber-arm to try to strangle them, or have the enemy hacker shout laughingly, "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself! :lol: " as the PC's powered fist is breaking their own jaw by remote control.

Or alternatively, mild jokewares infecting one's cyber-arms:

vwI6Au3.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom