Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not per default. But, if you want to grind and end up at a higher level than you meant to, there is an optional challenge mode you can (optionally) activate to make repeatable missions scale to your level.

Visperas

Augur
I'm enjoying the shit out of this game. I have this quest from the very beginning, talk to some friend of Jean, but I don't think I have a way to start it. I assume it will happen on it's own as I progress through the game, right?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You will get there. Eventually you unlock a side-quest focused location. Should be pretty soon.

Visperas

Augur
First, thanks for all the answers. I'm playing in Hard difficulty and I'm finishing the mission with the three bosses at the end of chapter one. So far, it's not really hard. That mission in particular is piss easy. I have a horde of allies and I can fight the enemies in pretty small pockets. Is it gonna get harder or should I increase difficulty to cruel or Challenge mode?

Reinhardt

Arcane
So far, it's not really hard.
First chapter is just tutorial. Game shows you that you are small fish in big pond so you fight other small fishies with the help of high level characters. Soon you will have to make first steps without babysitters.

Suicidal

Arcane
I've played it for a bit. So far the game is pretty cool.

I like the dynamic turn order system with the ability to manipulate turn delay of allies/enemies and the fact that different skills can have different time costs. Reminds me of Labyrinth of Touhou and that's a good thing to remind me of. The combat is fun (better than new X-COMs in my opinion because of all the different ability interactions and turn system) and the character customization system is an autist min-maxer's wet dream.

I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and just had my first wipe in one of the chapter 2 starting missions because an enemy cultist exploded next to my melee guy, knocking him out of cover, which made him an easy target for his 3 gun-wielding friends and it all went down hill from there. I thought it was pretty cool that I lost because I didn't pay enough attention to enemy abilities and not because I got randomly crit and oneshot through high cover as tends to happen in the new X-COMs. I hope the game stays this way. Also so far pyromancers are the most cancerous enemies in the game for this very reason.

Couple of things I don't like:

You get new characters way too slowly. 10 or so missions in they give you a third one, and that character has a role overlap with the protag (both single target melee fighters). I'd prefer if this game had character recruitment like X-COM and they could have made it in such a way where you would get recruits with random elemental affinities (like fire, water) and then could train them in any class and different affinity + class combinations could give different skill sets, or something like that. If the devs really wanted their preset story characters, they could still have them and let you replace generic police units with custom recruits.

Enemy AI seems to passive and too dumb. In a few missions where I accidentally ran into a huge group of enemies, I just ran back and some of them followed me but most kept sitting in cover in the area in which I encountered them. Also the way they choose who to attack seems completely random - instead of taking a few steps and getting an easy flank they sit in the same place and shoot my guy in high cover, they don't attack wounded targets that are right next to the full HP target they choose to attack, etc. It's strange because one of the description of the highest difficulty settings is that the AI is supposed to prioritize killing your characters above all else and it doesn't seem like it's doing that.

Still, overall, the game's good, especially considering that it's a small indie team and it's really cheap for what it offers so thanks JRPGCodex for another good recommendation.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Also so far pyromancers are the most cancerous enemies in the game for this very reason.
Most cancerous and most fun. Especially when you headshot him when he buffs his friends and explosion slams everyone into walls.

Zyondyne

Learned
Tried to play more of the game and just reached that chapter when you gain access to that market. To be honest, the amount of micromanagement and separate menus is overwhelming (not necessarily in a good way).
I know a lot of people enjoy high degree of customization, I do too. But man, I often find myself spending more time moving between menus and loading screens than I do on playing the game itself.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
It's up to you how much you micromanage. You do not have to fill up motivation each mission. You do not have to equip new masteries as soon as a new slot becomes available. You do not have to scrap/sell/identify excess gear as soon as you gain it.
Though I do admit it can be a little exhausting at times, and sometimes I sit down just to fine-tune my masteries for a while.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone jave any tips for getting the "Second Heart" mastery? I've only seen bosses have it, which means the chance of it dropping in a mission is pitifully low.

Suicidal

Arcane
Does anyone jave any tips for getting the "Second Heart" mastery? I've only seen bosses have it, which means the chance of it dropping in a mission is pitifully low.

I got when doing a side quests where you have to kill weird spider things in a junkyard. One of the spider things used it to revive and then triggered a cutscene and I learned it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

I got when doing a side quests where you have to kill weird spider things in a junkyard. One of the spider things used it to revive and then triggered a cutscene and I learned it.
I've done the spider missions but didn't get any mastery. An unlike the story missions those particular side mssions aren't repeatable. :negative:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
They aren't? What if you talk to the NPC and go to their old requests? There's a dialogue option for that.

Also there's several spider mech missions. I don't know how many, I'm only in chapter 3.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Thanks! :brodex:I had forgotten you could talk to merchants to repeat their quests! I went into the junkyard and tamed that little spider bugger so I was guaranteed to get his masteries. :martini:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
You can always kill the bosses over and over until you've got all the info on them and that will give you every mastery that they can drop

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Finally picked this up. Just a few missions in, but it already seems great. Lost a civilian when I killed an enemy and it caused a chain of detonations from a buff they had I didn't bother to read. Translation is total crap but I'm here for the mechanics and they're great. Love the mastery system, eager to uncover new skills and find those sets, as well as some broken synergies. First recruit seems to have the option of going physical or esp focused, which is a good sign. The district/reputation system looks promising too, and there's equipment crafting and class changing? This should be way more popular than it is.

panda

Savant

Thanks! :brodex:I had forgotten you could talk to merchants to repeat their quests! I went into the junkyard and tamed that little spider bugger so I was guaranteed to get his masteries. :martini:
I know I'm late, but easiest way to get Second Heart is to farm Marco (or Marco's info rather) by repeating "Fetter of the Past" mission. This way you can get it pretty early - in the first half of second chapter IIRC.

Iron Balls McGinty

I picked this up due to codex, it's superior to the new x-com games on a tactical level, and there is also lots to fuck around with outside of combat, it's really fucking good and I hate jap shit.

Visperas

Augur
Well, I just did Mission 3.1 on Hard and it still was pretty easy so I'm jumping to Cruel. I welcome the challenge if that means a big difficulty spike. We'll see how that goes.

What advanced class are you running for Albus and why?

Suicidal

Arcane
I think the game is a bit on the easy side even on cruel difficulty. It's not braindead easy cause you are quite likely to die if you play carelessly, but if you do everything correctly - don't rush, don't engage too many enemies at once, don't leave your guys exposed, read what the enemies' abilities do - you will finish most missions without a single loss. It's a bit harder with the optional quests cause you can also stick challenge mode on top of cruel. I wish the developers would make the management part of the game harder to compensate for the mission difficulty (like making rent payments and employee wages actually a thing to consider and punishing you if party members/cops die in combat).

What advanced class are you running for Albus and why?

Magic knight, because of the life drain and 4 ability slots.

jac8awol

Arbiter
This game is cool. Massive levels, real time-sink! Just realized there are quests at that weird shopping village, now I've got a party around level 20 going to do level 11 quests. Finally, I will probably be able to finish a stage in under an hour lol. Usually by this point in a game, you've already got all your tools and it starts to stagnate. But I get the feeling they give you things little by little in this... maybe a little too slowly, in getting more party members.
Well, it's mostly great. Not sure how I feel about taking a 14 year old girl into gangland and making her engage in brutal spooning...

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/470310/announcements/detail/2513520701542781025
Notice] I'm sincerely sorry to all Asia server users.
[Notice] I'm sincerely sorry to all Asia server users.
We sincerely apologize to Asian server players for this problem.

Hello everyone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

First of all, I'm sorry for all those whom used Asia server yesterday.

We lost some game data while resolving DB issue. This is totally our fault. We tried to use every method to recover game data, but we only could get the data until 2020 July 5th, AM4.

20 hours of player data loss is critical mistake to the game that aims online service.

I'm sincerely sorry for ruined your valuable time.

We don't think that we can dare compensate the 20 hours that can't be back.

But I think the worst is 'do nothing'. If we do nothing, it'll completely ruin your valuable memory and experience of the game. So we are going to compensate the lost time with below details.

Compensation list of Asia server

EXP
  • All characters level + 3
  • All characters' class level currently in use become maximum.

Items
  • Level: 41 ~ 50
    • Material of the set items that was updated last Friday x 10
    • 45 level Epic grade weapon to all characters x 10
    • 45 level Epic grade armor to all characters x 10
    • Training Manual x 1000
    • 2,000,000 Vill

• Level: 31 ~ 40
    • 40 level Epic grade weapon to all characters x 10
    • 40 level Epic grade armor to all characters x 10
    • 35 level Epic grade weapon to all characters x 10
    • 35 level Epic grade armor to all characters x 10
    • Training Manual x 1000
    • 1,500,000 Vill

• Level: 21 ~ 30
    • 30 level Epic grade weapon to all characters x 10
    • 30 level Epic grade armor to all characters x 10
    • 25 level Epic grade weapon to all characters x 10
    • 25 level Epic grade armor to all characters x 10
    • Training Manual x 1000
    • 1,000,000 Vill

• Level: 11 ~ 20
    • 20 level Epic grade weapon to all characters x 10
    • 20 level Epic grade armor to all characters x 10
    • 15 level Epic grade weapon to all characters x 10
    • 15 level Epic grade armor to all characters x 10
    • Training Manual x 1000
    • 500,000 Vill

• Level: under 10
    • Training Manual x 1000
    • 250,000 Vill

We lost the database log so we can't identify who connect to the server and who is not so compensations will be provided to all Asia server users.

Thinking the EXP, hard time, items and its options, development team don't think that this can be eventual solution. And the team also agrees that you can't happy with this.

The team will set the radical rule to not allow same issue happens again.

I'm sorry for the disappointment.

Sincerely Team, Dandylion

Asia server is running properly now.

Tell us a variety of ways we can make up for your precious time. We'll try our best to do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom