Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Picked this up ages ago from... I don't even know where. Tried it a little and binned it. Will give it another shot, Mandy has good taste.

CyberModuled

Savant
Truly the pinnacle of Brigador reviewing (especially when most people haven't)

fmnm3l.jpg

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Brigador seems to be 3rd on GOG's current beststeller list.
Does anyone have any idea how its doing on Steam?

Its on Sale on Steam too and Since GOG owner went full derp SJW the Fat Lord got my shekels Comrade.
Let's not pretend like Steam is much better.

From now on, I'm going to pirate everything for moral reasons. There's simply no other option available.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't see problem with what Steam did.

What i agree: Funding something
What i disagree with: banning someone/something.

And i generally hate steam.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
F... the Steam and GOG but I would rather not pirate the Games like ATOM or Colony Ship, some kind of gesture was expected with this political climate after Steam got criticised for not bending the knee, and if this will get worse I will start to buy games on Origin, sure its shit client but based Comrades Hans throw nignogs from apartments not worship them.

:deathclaw:

Developers who stand with career criminals over the cops will got no shekels from me that is sure.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Thank god i have a huge backlog. This means that not only i will be spending more time working, with family and friends as i will be also be playing games i have been postponing since 2016.

Mark Richard

Arcane
From now on, I'm going to pirate everything for moral reasons. There's simply no other option available.
Piracy isn't going to fund expansions or sequels for the games you actually like.

Just give me back 2000 and buying indie games on some guy's piece of shit website. At least he gets the money.
10,000 bucks is more than 1,000, even when a third-party take a 30% cut. A couple of years ago I asked the developer of Vigilantes if they'd prefer a customer buy direct from their site or through the Steam store. They chose the Steam store because each sale boosted the game's visibility on the trending tab, exposing the game to more potential customers and raking in more cash than they would've gotten otherwise. To small Indi devs with no marketing budget this is a lifesaver. There's also in-built chat functionality, forums, reviews, and the mod workshop adding to the perceived value. I'll wager ATOM benefited greatly from Steam's infrastructure (the professional games critics wouldn't give it the time of day), and would be far less likely to gain attention by being confined to the developer's own website.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom