Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Do we have a Legend somewhere that shows what all the buttons mean? If not we should. I am curious about some of the new ones as a button enthusiast myself. I converted a few years ago after being adamant that they were for fags mainly due to shittier internet at that time. Now I pay way too much for internet just so I can use buttons and I really need the lore without reading 115 pages. Does Codex have a wiki?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Most of them seem quite self-explanatory. A few are ambiguous on purpose (eg. button button, parrot, elephant).

Which ones do you need lore on?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Somebody had suggested "Okily Dokily Boomerino" I think. Though since the last part is missing, I guess it's just a funny "OK".

Ghulgothas

Arcane
thefacethatneverremembered.png

Vatnik Wumao
Most of them seem quite self-explanatory. A few are ambiguous on purpose (eg. button button, parrot, elephant).

I think any 'dexer gets to intuitively understand what each of these buttons stand for. I couldn't put into words what the parrot button means for example, but you kinda get a reinforcement loop of its meaning when your posts are rated as such and then you also start perpetuating the same meaning through your own usage of it.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A "Codex Lore Dump Thread" would be a great idea. Maybe for the 20th aniversary of the codex? :fabulouslyoptimistic:

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
"The Face That Remembers" by Prosper
Christ I feel like I'm standing on the edge of an abyss when looking more into that. Your dissertation is all I need and want.

I came to this place partly to obtain the hidden prosper lore, and I have made great achievments in that.
I know people here like to act all secretive about this and keep the lore hidden, but since I dug all that up myself fair and square, most without the premium privileges of even being able to even see Prosperium I have owned the right to help other newbies. Mods can retardo this if they dont want to make it too easy for the newcomers.

Prosper was one of the first trolls this forum ever had. The special thing about him was that he wasnt trolling deliberatly, at least not completely. He had a few mental issues and was high on painkillers most of the time.
He made mods and wanted to be a programmer himself, and if he wasnt making barely coherent threads or long rambles he was posting his 3D creations. The
:abyssgazer: is a model made by him for a mod, inserted into that WTF meme by someone else to make fun of him. Most of his old uploaded stuff is down now and his last few works are traded like relics from the Zone in Stalker.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64924-sorry-i-was-gone-so-long-2/ this is someone either imitating him very well or its him uploading some of that art to an open forum.

What happened to prosper was the creation of prosperland, a special subforum which acted like a quarantine for him. Its called Prosperium now and hidden for new accounts. Its still around, used mostly by Kruno for shitposting and by Cirtdear , who may or may not be a sober and much less insane prosper who still makes weird art for weird games, or just another imitator.

After some time prosper left the forum after some especially long strings of eldritch wisdom, namely the lesbian terminator and some irish and the face that never remembered. :prosper: is art by him and has become a general symbol for the horrors beyond this world that dread to consume all sanity and to mock bad 3D modelling. I heard Prosper has moved to some other forums and has gotten better regarding his pain killers and mental issues, but its all rumors since I am kinda new here myself. Maybe he truly is Cirtdear ?

Also there is a video of him flagellating himself with a piece of rope on DarkUnderlords youtube account for inquisitive minds to find.

Also there are some charming old comics made with shutterstock photos about the old codex lore and prosper and stuff. I skimmed them once but I am too bored to go hunting for links now. Half of it is also down I think.

Any old ppl here from 2010ish should be able to tell you more, I think that was when he was last active. I think this was his account?
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/prosper.11998/

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pretty sure he is prosperized in Prosperium and cannot post here.

If it truly is him he seems a lot more normal now. Maybe the wards that hold him sealed into the desolate prosperland will be weakened one day? I have seen less coherent posters in GD and GRPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom