Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
This game is going to be garbage. There will be some hype at the beginning but a few months down the line cracks will begin to appear. A few years down the line no one will be playing this shit or remember this game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Now begins the unavoidable wait for the system requirements reveal and shock when people realize it won't run on their toasters. Better make them suicide pacts fast.

Curratum

People say that the fact lots of codexians will play the game, means we must love it or are some pozzed faggots. Well of course we will play the game, how else can you make your own opinion?
I will certainly not pay for the game, but I will probably try it out for a few hours, just long enough to get completely sick of the horrible first person combat animations, the flat shooting, devoid of good audio-visual feedback, the railroady missions with endless NPC chatter and the "pressing social issues" that will be force-fed down my gullet every other mission.

Danikas

Arcane
Some more info from interview with this dude: https://pl.linkedin.com/in/paweł-sasko-9a480231

• Length of story is not normalized. They aimed at making the Main story a tad shorter than TW3 one since feedback they got suggested many players felt that after Kaer Morhen the remaining story was an epilogue - in place of it, they put immensly more work into side quests that do impact main story. Length of the story depends on your origin, side quests, characters you side with, your story choices and preferred play style.

• Pacifist playthrough possibility reaffirmed - although the correct understanding of a Pacifist here should be not killing anyone - some violence will be present.

• As far as relationships go, it's supposedely an insane evolution in portraying human psychic, behaviours and general growth from Witchers. Both one night stands and longer relationships, but conveyed in realistic ways. Just being the player doesn't open all doors for you - npcs have their own preferences and relationships are layered - From antagonistic, neutral, through friendship all the way up.

• Paweł and many designers took great inspirations from VTM: Bloodlines. He was in fact a game master for the paper versions of World of Darkness for a long time.

• Badlands is a fully explorable part of the game, not just a prologue thing.
  • life path is important not only for prologue and dialogue options, but also endings may differ

• life path origin stories in prologue are not symmetrical (Corpo prologue is shorter than Nomads', but it's balanced so there are more elements to Corpo play-style in later parts of the game)

• police might not intervene when you commit a crime in gang controlled area

• MAX-TAC can hunt you if you go too far, but he didn't specify when they'll intervene

• game will give you a clear message when you'll be closing to the endgame, so you'll have time to finish side quests, also you'll be able to come back to before that endgame state to continue playing

• gameplay choices - limited number of slots to install cyberware, but it's possible to replace already installed

• he compared cyberware to smartphones nowadays, sure there are people without it but its harder to live like that, same with cyberware, you might choose not to install such upgrades, but you will be weaker
  • apartment similar to Adam Jensen's (Deus Ex) - not customizable, but interactive
  • you can pet cats

ChildInTime

Learned
1593348461104.png

RetardEra is fucking mad about the gender thing. How predictable.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
wow. you can only choose your own pronoun. thats not enough for me, the huge fucking retard with a mental disorder.

trans people are so FUCKING egocentric. i hope they all die. luckily most of them kill themselves once they realize this themselves.

Harthwain

Magister
As far as relationships go, it's supposedely an insane evolution in portraying human psychic, behaviours and general growth from Witchers. Both one night stands and longer relationships, but conveyed in realistic ways. Just being the player doesn't open all doors for you - npcs have their own preferences and relationships are layered - From antagonistic, neutral, through friendship all the way up.
NPCs having their own stances is "an insane evolution in portraying human psychic and behaviours"? This doesn't sound encouraging at all.

ChildInTime

Learned
wow. you can only choose your own pronoun. thats not enough for me, the huge fucking retard with a mental disorder.

trans people are so FUCKING egocentric. i hope they all die. luckily most of them kill themselves once they realize this themselves.
I hope CDPR realise whom they've tried to pander to all this time and finally say - fuck it, money is more important than some degenerates hurt fefees.

Quillon

Arcane
VG247: Well, that goes right into something else I want to talk about, where obviously you’ve got the cool stat, and you’ve got the classic RPG tradition of having speech checks. So… if you are mega, mega-cool, and you can talk your way through most things, and talk your way to a lot of extra information?

Marchewka: No, I wouldn’t say so. To be honest, I’m not sure if the cool stat changes the flow of dialogue that much, because we are not basing them on stats. We are purely basing it on your choices.

This is cool imo; mental stats shouldn't take part in narrative, we can reflect our own mental capabilities in a game tho they probably extended it to physical stats also :/ Well, at least there are skill checks in dialogue.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Imagine thinking CP2077 wont' win GOTY everywhere and gobble up everything.

lel.

It's GON B GUD, and codexers are gonna masturbate to this game for a long time, with mods especially.

Danikas

Arcane
Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

We haven't seen the real laughs yet. I've been wondering today - imagine someone really makes a male body type character but with female genetalia, so that he can trigger the sex scenes with lesbians. Imagine the animations intended for female-on-female sex executed with a model that's male in everything except genitalia. The memes will explode. :lol:

Wunderbar

Arcane

We haven't seen the real laughs yet. I've been wondering today - imagine someone really makes a male body type character but with female genetalia, so that he can trigger the sex scenes with lesbians. Imagine the animations intended for female-on-female sex executed with a model that's male in everything except genitalia. The memes will explode. :lol:
that's why CDPR decided to change all cutscenes to first-person view.

Curratum

That drive through the desert at 16:40 in the video...

LOD Pop-In: The Game :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom