Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
VcPeO8G.gif
Was searching for this one for ages thanks.

Santander02

Arcane
Well Played DarkUnderlord, had me for the first half not gonna lie.

This is all such bullshit, even if the lolegations were 100% true (HAHAHA) they are nothing MCA deserved to be unpersoned from the industry for. But to this pussyhats making a wahmen feel uncomfortable and grabbing someone's ass is as bad as actual rape and murder

But he won't stand up for himself, and rolled over for the mob like a little bitch, all the while not giving those who would the defend him any ground to stand on themselves.

Even fucking Exasperated Esteban turned out to be more of a man than him, he fired back sending his would be metooer into a DELET FUCKING EVERYTHING spree and crying like the worthless lying whore she is.

Fuck this Gay Earth.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Also, DU's post on page 11 was right on the money. There's a time for biting sarcasm (when the crowd you're amongst seems to get it) and a time for righteous indignation (for when someone like Wrong Carlo comes along) to set things straight.

Last edited:

Sacibengala

Prophet
My respects to the codex. The only place that still makes me laugh with the absurdity within this world. Wish Mr Avellone could see that he still have support in here, because it is very dangerous to ones mental health to see that everyone else are turning their backs to you.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
By the way, we didn't see other girls stepping up and accusing Chris.
If it stays that way, he'll probably be able to work again.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What about the hundreds on the Codex that have spoken out? The posters that haven't been molested or touched by MCA and now feel inadequate because he doesn't love us? We're hurt.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
True.
But making me catatonic and crying because I will never be touched by this magnificent gentleman is not a crime.
Would appreciate being forcefed with cocktails at a con, though.

eilef

Educated

He will be able to do it, if he wants it himself. He would need to come out and say that these allegations are not correct, that they misrepresented the case, and that for whatever reason these friends of his former gf decided to end his career. But the thing is - we only talk about will he be hired somewhere again. Will he want to work gain, after this crap? Will be able to write on the same level again? Things like these can lead to serious problems (depression, substance abuse, ect.), and the problem is - he might not have the right mindset for the job for a long time after this. So they sad part - is that even if these allegations are false (i want to believe they are, because there are so people who peruse personal vendetta with these new metoo, as we have seen in the last days) - his accusers got what they were after. Its only up to Avellone to decide if he wants, or even can to work right now. Accusations like this messes up people for long time. And much like with Jeremy Soule - it is a lose-lose situation for the accused. Even if he gets to clear his name, he will probably not be put on big new projects again (Rip decent Fallen Order 2, or more Star Wars stuff).

So, in reality, we should all be asking not only "can Avellone return to work" - but whether he can continue to consistently work and release good, great and god-level stuff while working on the new stories, as he did before. His name became a brand for a reason - the games he worked on, at the very least are very decent.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

He will be able to do it, if he wants it himself. He would need to come out and say that these allegations are not correct, that they misrepresented the case, and that for whatever reason these friends of his former gf decided to end his career. But the thing is - we only talk about will he be hired somewhere again. Will he want to work gain, after this crap? Will be able to write on the same level again? Things like these can lead to serious problems (depression, substance abuse, ect.), and the problem is - he might not have the right mindset for the job for a long time after this. So they sad part - is that even if these allegations are false (i want to believe they are, because there are so people who peruse personal vendetta with these new metoo, as we have seen in the last days) - his accusers got what they were after. Its only up to Avellone to decide if he wants, or even can to work right now. Accusations like this messes up people for long time. And much like with Jeremy Soule - it is a lose-lose situation for the accused. Even if he gets to clear his name, he will probably not be put on big new projects again (Rip decent Fallen Order 2, or more Star Wars stuff).

So, in reality, we should all be asking not only "can Avellone return to work" - but whether he can continue to consistently work and release good, great and god-level stuff while working on the new stories, as he did before. His name became a brand for a reason - the games he worked on, at the very least are very decent.

Art and creativity can profit massively from negative emotion and experiences. I would say he could just as well profit greatly from realising that something he believed to be true to be ultimately wrong. With all the worrying aspects of this, that he will loose his creative abilities is the last thing I am worried about.

EDIT: fixed the post...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
.._„„„„¸_...…………………………._¸„„„„_
./'.……¯'*~--„…….…………...„--~*'¯…….'\
Ì'ì\,.…_¸„--~~-„)…………… („-~~--„¸_….,/ì'Ì
...'\¯"¯-¸: : : : : ¯"^-„¸….¸„-^"¯ : : : : :¸-¯"¯/'...
…"-,„„¸/' : : : : : : : ¸„„-^"¯ : : : : : : : '\¸„„,-"......
**¯¯¯'^^~-„„„----~^*'"¯ : : : : : : : : : :¸-"..........
.:.:.:.:.„-^" : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :„-" "^-„.:.:.:.:.
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: : : : : : : : : : ¸„-^¯:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:
.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.:. : : : : : : : ¸„„-^¯ : : : : .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.::.
:.' : : '\ : : : : : : : ;¸„„-~"¯~-„„¸; : : : : : : : \' : : '.:
:.:.:: :"-„""***/*'ì¸'¯. . . . . . . . ¯'¸ì'*\***""„-": ::.:.:
:.': : : : :"-„ : : :"\ . .Brothers. . /": : : „-": : : : :'.:
.:.:.: : : : :" : : : : \, . . .In . . . ,/ : : : : ": : : : :.:.:.
: : : : : : :, : : : : :/ . . Arms. . . \: : : : : :,: : : : : :

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
And if that's our attitude towards men, then what about the women that have grabbed my ass at parties.

Dude, we've seen you on video. Absolutely no one is going to believe that anyone has ever grabbed your ass.

You were much better when you were silent, DU, only popping in here or there for the occasional sarcastic one-liner. It gives you an air of mystique and makes people think you are smarter than you are. It also adds credence to the idea that Codex is a free-speech zone, rather than explicitly an alt-right haven. If the owner and mods of Codex start making official political statements in the news section, it's just going to cement the idea that Codex is just the mirror opposite of group-think shitholes like ResetEra, where the powers-that-be are weighted heavily to one end of the political spectrum and the forum itself enforces and reflects that.

Codex's myriad and diverse voices can speak for themselves on the issue of MCA's canceling. And they do, loudly. We don't need or want mods to make political statements for us in the forum's official news section. What makes Codex special is that it's a free-speech zone that welcomes all opinions, regardless of what they might be. It's not an alt-right ResetEra, and I hope it doesn't become one.

Aji2Eze.jpg

The Dopamine Cleric

Prospernaut
Shitposter
So is Chris ever going to make a comeback? Will he become the anti-hero and save us all from cuckification?

He needs to release a good statement, a man statement.

Mudran

Novice
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/2wGgGs6XFuumpcVxg9OvgM/an-update-from-ubisoft
So are they all together in this? All game directors had party during Covid?

I was going to say some joke about knowing now why Ubisoft games feel so sterille, but Jim Sterling has his video about it as well and nobody seems to question anything, so I just feel sick. Everything from America feels so hypocritical and hysterical.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom