Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Judging by Witcher 3, you will probably be able to turn everything off in the menu.

Yes, certainly. Even if somehow it doesn't, their engine makes it pretty easy to do in an .ini file or whatever I believe. It's been quite a while since I was forced to use HUD quest markers in an RPG, I think.
I'm quite certain one of the recent videos suggested that the HUD was entirely dependent upon acquiring an augmentation for it. I imagine it will be possible to tailor it through your choice in cyberware.

Also, I'm pretty hyped for this game. I know there are a lot of people who are feeling let down that the game won't be a real RPG, or is cutting features. But I'll be happy if I get a game similar to Deus Ex with a customizable protagonist. It'll be nice to finally play a character with a truly Irish penis and moobs.

Edit: If you pay attention to the beginning of the Corpo origin, the HUD includes a stock ticker in the bottom right. I really liked that detail.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
72q9bqxe6j751.png

when morons give feedback, now you get a male character that sound like an Italian edgy jerk mobster wannabe.

lol fuck him, female VA sounds 10 years too old with serious smoking habit, this was worse in FO4, there she sounded like a mother in her 40s with 3 kids vs 30ish sounding male VO, who sounded way too sterile tho. CP's male VO sounds about right not too edgy or old, not too sterile.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I remember F.E.A.R. had some good AI.
First FEAR is still almost unsurpassed in terms of enemy' AI. That's 16 years of gaming progress for you.
I forget which channel it was, but I drunkenly watched a retrospective within the last year that described how the excellent F.E.A.R. AI was actually well scripted encounters in very established environments.

Curratum

First FEAR is still almost unsurpassed in terms of enemy' AI. That's 16 years of gaming progress for you.
I forget which channel it was, but I drunkenly watched a retrospective within the last year that described how the excellent F.E.A.R. AI was actually well scripted encounters in very established environments.

Yeah, it's fabulously optimistic to think a game that old has AI so advanced, it hasn't been matched since. If you spend enough time scripting probabilities and add enough branches, things can look really cool from the outside. And let's not mince words, almost all firefights in FEAR took place in very close quarters and very narrow and constrained spaces.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
AI scripting lel

Game is about STORY, Experience graphics, setting worldbuilding, its about sound design and SCI-FI

SEE AND FEEL

Who the fuck cares if some pedestrian cannot walk properly across a road or stop everytime at a red light

or some enemy that doesnt take cover perfectly every time? OMG I saw a hooker who didnt properly sucked my dick in the center of my screen, the AI waas off.

SHET GAEEM REEE 2/10

norolim

Arcane
Too many people in this thread have a preferred scenario as to how this game is going to turn out. And now, based on insufficient data, they are making assumptions to support their fantasies. E.g.: how did so many of you decide the game will have little/weak RPG elements? There is no way to know, because most of what they're showing so far is action oriented: driving, shooting and running around. Plus some basic dialogues (I'm only talking about the recent videos, not the 2018 ones, because it looks like a lot may have changed since then, so there is now way to know what still stands from 2 years ago).
On the other hand, if at least half of what Danikas said is true:
Well about the warehouse mission I compiled every known outcome to this here:

You don’t meet with militech at all. You can start shooting from the beginning but you get more rewards and loot for this method.

You can stealth in and steal the bot.

If you meet with DumDum and you don’t follow the prompt for Jackie to sit down within 4 seconds it becomes a shootout automatically.

You can get shot in the face mid-dialogue at one point due if you don’t choose to grab your gun OR pay Royce some extra money.

If you meet Meredith and you have a corpo background you can instantly see through her bullshit charade and call her out immediately on the virus chip when she mentions it to you.

You CAN attack Meredith and her militech guards but her guards are far higher leveled than you with corpo weapons and you likely can’t hope to compete in this early state of the game. This was an option presented in the 2018 demo.

If you have the virus chip you can:

Give it to Royce like normal

Tell him it’s a virus, as thanks he will clean the virus off the chip and give you the bot. But if your street cred is low he will insult you and your jacket. You can walk away or Jackie prompts you to kill everyone there and in exchange he will buy you a better jacket. And you can steal the 50k off him also after you kill him.

If you have a very high Technical ability you can prove to Royce the chip is a virus with a detailed explanation.

Informing them about the trap increases your maelstrom faction rep.

You can earn 50k by yourself (which is difficult but not impossible at that early stage) and pay Royce fair and square and leave with no issues (unless you made a deal with militech).

You can shoot Royce under the chin and it becomes a shootout as usually depicted without having him as a boss at the end.

According to kotaku AU if you give them the virus now Militech will kill off maelstrom but you still need to escape:

“If I pass that chip over to Royce as payment for the prototype bot, Militech will take care of the goons for me — but V and Jackie still have to escape.”

If you warn Royce militech will storm the building and this will have consequences with your relationship with them later.

If you see brick, the ex no 2 you can free him, kill him or leave him to rot. IF you see him again this choice has ramifications down the line for the main quest line narrative.

If you help Militech set them up apparently Meredith opens up as a romance option later for a male V but this isn’t confirmed, just have been mentioned by many people.

If you don’t the virus was her last chance therefore Meredith is executed by militech for her failure and her male replacement greets you at the end of the mission.
it would mean very good C&C and reactivity. And in my books at least, C&C is one important RPG element. Now, do I believe CP2077 will be a great RPG based on this? No, of course I don't. It's just a single example and it was probably put together form various previews written by incompetent game journos. Not a very trustworthy source. So, based on all that, my opinion is that, at this point, there is no way to say whether the game will be good as an RPG. There are indications both supporting the claim and opposing it, so the only reasonable thing to do, is wait for more data. Bros, be sceptical, but be reasonable.

Be like me
:troll:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Uuuh, I really need to catch up with this, after having a slightly embarrassing moment:
The last thing I had seen from this was the 40 mins gameplay, where they played as NotSombra from Ovenwatch... and Keanu Reeves telling everyone they are beautiful.
Now I got an ad for some speshul edishun featuring figurines of Keanu... and some bland guy. And I had to ask myself: "who the fk is that again?". Yeah...

At least now I understand why Bioware stuck with MaleShep during promos instead of switching genders around. :hahano:

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
W3 had no problem with large crowds so what is going on here?
consoles

I know there are a lot of people who are feeling let down that the game won't be a real RPG, or is cutting features.
actually I'm let down because is not even a good FPS.

The AI is outstanding.

AI scripting lel

Game is about STORY, Experience graphics, setting worldbuilding, its about sound design and SCI-FI

SEE AND FEEL

Who the fuck cares if some pedestrian cannot walk properly across a road or stop everytime at a red light

or some enemy that doesnt take cover perfectly every time? OMG I saw a hooker who didnt properly sucked my dick in the center of my screen, the AI waas off.

SHET GAEEM REEE 2/10

I am glad you're the same retard from the Wasteland 2 days.
Consistency! :)
Male voice actor in this trailer fit really well, did CDPR change it?
Yes.

The title of reddit post was, "If you really liked the look and voice of V (male or female) from the trailers, you'll be able to keep those."

but from how the question was asked, it can mean anything. "we saw in the trailers"... Which trailers?

gm454bd3qf751.png

Egosphere

Arcane
AI scripting lel

SEE AND FEEL

SHET GAEEM REEE 2/10

Yes, but when the ai is superb (like FEAR), it can carry the game

Curratum

I realize the first footage was a very early demo, before the massive downgrade and all that, but do you remember the crowd of people in front of that building where you go out in the streets for the first time in the first reveal?

Now for nearly 30 seconds of driving around (admittedly at night), I managed to spot 2 NPCs on the streets / sidewalks. There is no space to park your car on most streets, the sidewalks are tiny and narrow, the streets feel cramped even though you don't seem to be in a seedy part of town. This is all referring the early night drive section of the last gameplay vid.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The voice actor is the same, but the character has different voice depending on the background, so it's possible it sounds strange.

BTW, if there are no enemies who mess with my augs in combat, and I mean this being systemic, not scripted in some quest, I will rage.

ChildInTime

Learned
I think CDPR forcing people to play FPS on a controller adds to the perceived shittines of combat. It will play miles better with keyboard and mouse.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think CDPR forcing people to play FPS on a controller adds to the perceived shittines of combat. It will play miles better with keyboard and mouse.

It might also be that the points earlier about how skills improve the gunplay are underlined with controller+aim-assist, but hardly present with m/kb.

Speaking specifically of big boobs and back pain - compare this with how many women go through the trouble of wearing high heels without possessing the necesseary legs strength, and as a result they walk funny, constantly risk stumbling and injury, get overtired and so on. It's very inconvenient, it's very inappropriate because they lack the strength, but they still do it because it makes them more attractive..

Yeah, it's not like women are forced to wear high heels, let alone skirts or dresses by their employers in a lot of places in the first world. Right? No?

It is funny to suggest women lack the necessary leg strength, however, as millions of women do day-long intensive shifts in heels. A lot of them probably has better defined leg muscles then an average man.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
BTW, if there are no enemies who mess with my augs in combat, and I mean this being systemic, not scripted in some quest, I will rage.

some previewer(parris on youtube iirc) said that he went to a higher level area, enemies put his cybernetics on fire and he died :P

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking specifically of big boobs and back pain - compare this with how many women go through the trouble of wearing high heels without possessing the necesseary legs strength, and as a result they walk funny, constantly risk stumbling and injury, get overtired and so on. It's very inconvenient, it's very inappropriate because they lack the strength, but they still do it because it makes them more attractive..

Yeah, it's not like women are forced to wear high heels, let alone skirts or dresses by their employers in a lot of places in the first world. Right? RIGHT?

It is funny to suggest women lack the necessary leg strength, however, as millions of women do day-long intensive shifts in heels. A lot of them probably has better defined leg muscles then an average man.
"There are also cases where..." is fine, but it my point stands.

some previewer(parris on youtube iirc) said that he went to a higher level area, enemies put his cybernetics on fire and he died :P
"If that is so, then I am glad."

ADL

Prophet
actually I'm let down because is not even a good FPS.
Never trust gameplay footage. They made Doom 2016 look like a slow, cinematic linear corridor shooter too.

Also they made media play with controller via GeForce Now for some reason.

That and contextual enemy voice chatter to make it seem like the AI understood their surroundings. You're behind a couch, the AI will say "behind the couch!" which makes the AI seem more like a real human being that understands where you are in relation to the actual surroundings and is communicating with the other AI. When in reality it's just a script that's said if player is close to X object and X object is between player and enemies then play dialogue "he's behind the X" to match. Good for immersion, very well executed, but it's not impressive in terms of game AI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom